KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

icuc.social Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2021

Found 136 of over 158 reviews

3.4
icuc.social Chief Operating Officer / Chief Revenue Officer  Jan Reischek / Nicole van Zanten  (no image)
Jan Reischek / Nicole van Zanten
Pros
  • "Work from home flexibility is great(in 59 reviews)

• "Remote work is one of the main reasons why working at ICUC is appealing(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay for *highly stressful and highly negative work(in 13 reviews)

• "training was haphazard and incredibly unengaging for a social media management/engagement company(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee, more than 8 years

Love it here!

Jan 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, among an amazing group of people who truly care about your life, for great brands that you cab be proud to work with.

Cons

Maybe being remote is not for everyone

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for the amazing review! We appreciate every minute you have invested in ICUC over the last 8+ years. ICUC is a truly special place to work because of the collective mindset to go above and beyond every day, to be amazing teammates and deliver outstanding service to our clients. Thank you for sharing your experience and why you love your job!

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It is a great job but beware the lack of training

Aug 23, 2021 - Content Strategist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support from your team members and benefits are great.

Cons

The lack of training for projects is awful and the demand for perfection is unrealistic since they do not train very well.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

100% Remote but at the cost of respect and basic employee rights.

Aug 18, 2021 - Content Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working remote all the time - honestly the best part of the job. Getting to know my team was so much fun (at first) until they got comfortable with me always making sacrifices and showed their true colors.

Cons

I have genuinely felt like I have been shown 0 respect and still am not being taken seriously as now have been unemployed from this job for about a month. When I sent off my letter of resignation, all I got was “thanks, please send it to this person” and so on. They preach “inclusivity” to sound good on paper but when it comes down to it they don’t check up on teams (like mine wasn’t) and make sure management are treating others properly. My team has even cancelled monthly required meetings for things like someone going on vacation or just because they forgot. That doesn’t sound very inclusive to me. They really don’t truly care about employee growth and encouraging decent employees who can really be a good asset to their company to keep doing what they do. At first they make things seems grand and dandy for you to work with them. I got placed into a team of people where I loved the other content specialists, but my teams management would get annoyed and do things like create team posts frowning about us asking questions when that was what their job was… I got called on my days off and asked to cover for people multiple times working 45 hours a week sometimes with no “thank you” or “we see how hard you’re working” but instead, very monotone and emotionless answers from management whenever I needed help as someone new. If you haven’t been doing it for 7,8,9,10+ years, you’re automatically viewed as “not as important” and I literally felt like every question I asked was a stupid one. Not everyone has been doing this for 7,8,9,10+ years, and my team couldn’t possibly grasp that (even though I’m now a social media manager for HQ of an industry leading franchise now….how ironic but that is besides the point) I tried to reach out to higher up on Teams regarding papers I received in the mail today (a month after my employment termination date) and my concerns regarding them because they had to do with life insurance termination when I never even applied for life insurance benefits. I then reached out to the scheduling manager, who multiple times has told me that he can show me all of my estimated pay since I no longer have access to their system.. at all. I cant even know for sure how much I am still getting paid because after asking that question again, they deleted my teams profile a few hours later. As someone who was employed by this, company I have the right to see how much I am expecting to make the next pay period without my accounts getting deleted 2 hours later. I have made an effort to be a stellar employee and make sacrifices for my team and work LONG, sometimes late, and lots of hours during my time there I have been feeling like I have been getting 0 answers and reassurance about the questions and concerns I have, and rather dismissed and ignored. Not the ideal workplace at all.

4. 3.0

Okay…

May 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote, quiet work, easy peasy

Cons

Management is rough, they overwork and underpay and promote people they like as opposed to people who perform in excess of expectations.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are looking at both compensation and shift structures to ensure our teams are set up to deliver their best work. Additionally, we are digging in on our hiring and promotion process to ensure more transparency and visibility. Thank you for your review as we appreciate all feedback and wish you all the best.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Poor training - Sloppy Management

May 7, 2021 - Content Specialist in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

You work from home, also coworkers from your same position are often nice and helpful.

Cons

* Poor Training * Poor Planning * Lack of Recognition * Salaries Stay Mostly Stagnant * Bluff, pretentiousness from management

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to provide candid feedback about your experience working here, and for all your contributions to ICUC over the last 8 years. I agree, we are blessed with some very wonderful individuals who care deeply about one another. I very am sorry to hear you haven't had a better experience and are not feeling recognized or appreciated by management. We are working hard to improve our training processes, evaluate our management structure and our compensation assessment criteria specifically for our Content Specialist roles. That said, I would love to discuss your feedback with you further. If you are willing, please reach out to me at jan.reischek@icuc.social to speak in more depth. Thank you

6. 3.0

ICUC

Apr 28, 2021 - It's OKAY
      Business Outlook

Pros

You're able to work from home

Cons

Held back for the wrong reasons

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and provide feedback. I'm sorry you didn't feel you had a great experience working here and were held back for the wrong reasons. We do prefer to promote from within whenever possible, and are committed to transparency in communications about career progression, but understand there isn't always agreement in the process. Thank you for your contributions to ICUC while you were here and we wish you all the best.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Low Paying, and opportunity for advancement is false.

May 9, 2021 - Content Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. Pretty straight forward.

Cons

As an employee, going on 4 years, this company does not scale its pay with the current economy. You can literally go to a low skill job and make more money - some starting at $15-$16 an hour. Even if you want to stay in the same industry, you'll make nearly double the amount as a contractor. With advancement, this is more of a political game rather than a candidate who exceeds the necessary skill/experience for the position. I've personally witnessed the same group of people advance in their career while others are left behind in the dark. There are some highly skilled employees who are never given an opportunity simply because the hiring manager doesn't socialize with this person as much.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback, and for 3+ years of service to ICUC. We know we have work to do when it comes to Content Specialist compensation to ensure you and others in the Content Specialist role continue choosing ICUC as your employer. We are actively planning to address this starting in July and will communicate plans very soon. We do try to ensure the most qualified for roles are promoted and encourage our team members to apply for new positions as they come available. We are committed to doing a better job of communicating openings. I'm sorry you're feeling left behind and would love to speak to you directly about your career ambitions. My door is always open, please reach out. jan.reischek@icuc.social

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

A Low-Paying Job With Little Advancement Overall...

Mar 12, 2021 - Social Media & Content Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the management & coworkers are great & supportive. Some of the jobs can be rewarding. HOWEVER, it all depends on which team & management that you are assigned because after 5 years, I had all kinds of projects, teams, coworkers, & managers. Although it is low-paying, it can be great experience for a year or so if a person has no experience. Maybe - MAYBE - start off at ICUC if you absolutely no experience, but then MOVE ON after a year or so because if you don't, you are selling yourself short!!!

Cons

Some of the management & coworkers are terrible, backstabbing, & unsupportive. Some of the jobs can be terrible & stressful as well. HOWEVER, it all depends on which team & management that you are assigned because after 5 years, I had all kinds of projects, teams, coworkers, & managers. I started the company at low-pay. After two raises in five years, it was still low-paying! I don't know why I stayed there as long as I did! When applying for new jobs, I found out that the "starting pay" was nearly DOUBLED what I made there after five years! Maybe - MAYBE - start off at ICUC if you absolutely no experience, but then MOVE ON after a year or so because if you don't, you are selling yourself short!!!

8 people found this review helpful

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value that you wanted to share with us and with others your experience. We are taking steps to address compensation across the organization and are committed to being a great company to work for. Being a remote team, we put a great deal of effort into our culture and work hard to ensure we're hiring the right types of people to manage our teams. We understand that not everyone has a positive experience with their manager or leader. Our team does the best they can to work with a variety of personalities and styles. Our managers are held to very high standards but sometimes personality differences or communication breakdowns happen. I will share with our team. It's important to us that each of our team members feel valued and appreciated and we will continue to work toward this goal. I am sorry you didn't have a great personal experience with us, but sincerely wish you all the best.

9. 4.0

Pretty Cool

Jan 10, 2021 - Content Specialist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty cool remote job to do.

Cons

Low paying by US standards

Be the first to find this review helpful

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your honest review. We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to leave feedback. We are proud of our work from anywhere team and the services we provide to our amazing clients. We realize we have work to do from a compensation standpoint. We are committed to addressing pay across the organization this year, to ensure ICUC is a great place to work for all. Thank you for your contributions to ICUC while you were here and we wish you the very best as you continue your journey.

10. 1.0

very low paid

Jan 17, 2021 - Moderator in Canada, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

wort at home and this's the only pro

Cons

low paid, only 10 dollar an hour

2 people found this review helpful

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value that you wanted to share with us and with others your experience. We are taking steps to address compensation across the organization and are committed to being a great company to work for. I am sorry you didn't have a great personal experience with us, but sincerely wish you all the best.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 136 Reviews