idX Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 20, 2019

2.5
idX Corporation COO - Universal Forest Products Pat Webster
Pat Webster
Pros
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Job can be chaotic at times, with long hours(in 7 reviews)

• "IDX Corp doesn't have what it takes to replace a failing mngt team(in 6 reviews)

1. "What ?9"

Former Employee - Cabinet Maker in Fife, WA

I worked at idX Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good shop Management. Fair and clear.

Cons

The notification of the shop closing was abrupt.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

idX Corporation2019-12-20
  2. "Not the same company I started at"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Earth City, MO

I worked at idX Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a company that has headquarters in the MidWest, which means people are hardworking and expectation is to work long hours without being properly compensated. People are what makes a great company great. I have met so many knowledgeable, dedicated people throughout each level of the company. Team work and willingness to work/be on call virtually 24/7 is a common theme.

Cons

Working long hours is the expectation. Virtually no work/life balance. Expected to be on the call or answering e-mails off hours, evenings, weekends. Compensation is much lower than average. Project managers are the most knowledgeable and dedicated I have ever seen, yet the average salary is around $50k-$60k, whereas PMs that caliber elsewhere are making <$90k. The last time I saw a bonus was in 2012 or 2013. Benefits are a joke.

Advice to Management

I’m not sure what advise to give because partially why the company is struggling because the retail industry is in shambles and there is really no turning the clock back. The company is trying to reinvent itself, but is struggling to do so because of its enormous size.

idX Corporation2019-11-08
  3. "Steer Clear Of This Company At All Costs."

Former Employee - Material Handler in Dayton, OH

I worked at idX Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits, cost savings, bonuses.

Cons

Everything else, honestly. From the third day of working there, I noticed that there was a big culture issue there. There is a lot of subtle and blatant racism in the workplace. The people that work there are not aware that they are more than likely not getting paid more than the people that are training. You will be treated terribly if you have a hard time doing your job, and need help. You will be scolded daily for the smallest, and I mean the smallest of things, and there will be no remorse or tolerance for human error or for things that go awry that are out of your control. HR terminates people blindly, and are often sending people around the facility to spy on you daily. Whatever you do, don't tell anyone how much you make, because you will pay for it, and your team WILL get you fired. The only thing that kept me from leaving iDX earlier, is solely the pay (which your co-workers will punish you for). People there live in constant fear for their jobs, and turn to unhealthy ways for coping with the pain that is iDX. You will find yourself turning into one of these poor souls if you decide to seek employment here.

Advice to Management

Clean house of all team leaders, warehouse staff, and HR. This company needs a fresh start.

idX Corporation2019-10-16
  4. "I was terminated because the supervisor,team leader and a hourly employee lied on me saying that I quit when I did not!"

Former Employee - Warehouse Material Handler in Washington, NC

I worked at idX Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a good company to work for and I liked my job title.(Washington,NC)

Cons

The supervisor and team leader had no respect for me as a hourly employee. So they lied on me to get me terminated!

Advice to Management

Train supervisors and team leaders to respect hourly employees. I would like to go back but they won't allow me to because of the supervisor,team leader and hourly employee that lied on me.

idX Corporation2019-08-09
  5. "Seven years in accounting and that was about 3 years too long."

I worked at idX Corporation

Pros

There are absolutely no good reasons to work at this company. Management is horrible. Secrets and lies seem to be the motto. BELIEVE NOTHING!

Cons

Home / Work balance is non-existent. Bonuses are non-existent as they always find a way to not pay out. Nothing they say is truth and by the time you figure it out they have come up with a cover for why things changed. Management is horrible on basically every level. In the past year the CFO, Corporate Senior Accountant, Corporate Controller and several division Controllers, General Managers, and other key employees have left by choice across the company.

Advice to Management

The same advice has been given over and over by many different current and former employees and NOTHING ever changes so I won’t bother giving any advice other than maybe just close the doors.

idX Corporation2019-08-21
  6. "Work review"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Washington, NC

I have been working at idX Corporation full-time

Pros

Liked to work at company.

Cons

Some Employees act like kids and treat you like they are better than you. ( Wants you to suck up to them cause they been there longer than you or think they are better than you.)

idX Corporation2019-08-04
  7. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - IdX Dayton in Dayton, OH

I worked at idX Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Dayton's management team really works hard to proactively understand the people's needs and exceed them. Very inclusive and they listen to the gripes and suggestions of the production people. I really had a voice and could walk into the GM's office any time I wanted and he made time and really listened. I didn't always get what I wanted, but I was heard.

Cons

Lots of changes because of parent with little or no warning that the change is coming. It just happens.

Advice to Management

Happy people make for happy customers.

idX Corporation2019-05-08
  8. "IDX Seattle Closing - IDX Corp is not good either"

Current Employee - Production Assembler in Seattle, WA

I have been working at idX Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

For the most part good folks to work with

Cons

BAD mismanagement. Mgrs. don't have a clue how to run a profitable business - money last 4 yrs in a row. Upper mgrs. don't have a clue of floor activities or work load on the floor Every year for the last 4 years had us in work share or a lay off IDX Corp doesn't have what it takes to replace a failing mngt team. They all lie about everything Favoritism runs ramped Unskilled (favorites) get over their jobs and the skilled have to hold their hand and do most of the work for them No one to complain to cause their all buddies

Advice to Management

Get out of Mngt. you don't have a clue on how to run a shop and make money or suoervise properly

idX Corporation2019-05-03
  9. "Company Shutting Down Seattle Division"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at idX Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits package

Cons

Company Shutting Down Seattle Division. This company has failed.

idX Corporation2019-04-29
  10. "Great Leadership"

I have been working at idX Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Room for advancement, profit sharing, and stock purchasing plan

Cons

The way employees advance from a level 1 to a level 2 in their job position in unclear.

idX Corporation2019-03-02