inContact Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 20, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
inContact President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman
Paul Jarman

Pros
  • They're very flexible with remote working too - I work from home two days a week and there are some teams that work 3 (in 13 reviews)

• Company cares about employees (HR feedback has been taken seriously and resulted in company changes) as well a great atmosphere with great people (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management either doesn't listen or doesn't care (in 14 reviews)

• Work-life balance isn't great, but impossible to find a sales job that is (in 6 reviews)

"Support Engineer"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer II in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer II in Columbus, OH

I worked at inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High traffic team based environment that is very self sufficient and reliable with the product that is being supported.

Cons

Pay is far below market value for jobs in the same field; upper management is off site and we are treated as a sub product to their cloud platform.

Advice to Management

Add a voice for your Columbus office and keep in line with the standards that are set by Leadership teams.

Feb 1, 2017 – Manager Talent Acquisition

inContact does have a pay for performance approach to compensation. As a result of this, employees that are not performing up to standards will not be awarded an increase or promotion. Strong ... More

"Technical"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I worked at inContact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is amazing and progressive with plenty if opportunity to advance. Its very fast-paced and demanding but rewarding. Coworkers are friendly but can be territorial.

Cons

The company is in the midst of a merger so HR decisions are put on hold. Not all departments are flexible and understand work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more understanding and progressive.

"Lack of consistent direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at inContact (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some really great employees across the company.

Cons

Company had a lot of Executive churn. Seems every 1-2 years a new CTO or head of Engineering or Product would come in and that caused organizational changes and focus changes. Couldn't seem to get any consistency in strategy or direction to align all departments.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees as they are normally on the front lines dealing with problems and frustrations of business decisions made in the board room.

"Director Customer Advocacy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I worked at inContact (More than 5 years)

Pros

Founder, good people. growing, superior product.

Cons

growing pains from small to enterprise business. uncompetitive pay scales.

"Needs to focus more on employees"

Current Employee - Solution Deployment Engineer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Solution Deployment Engineer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some nice people, friendly co-workers and a great location in Columbus Ohio. They seem to try and care for their employee.

Cons

The company doesn't seem to have a good direction. It appears that the Higher ups are disconnected with the everyday employee. I believe they are to focused on the "customer experience" and not the employee's experience.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They are the ones that see the day to frustrations of your company. Also focus on making your people happier and they will make the customers happier. Customer service starts with the employee.

"Technical Account Manager"

Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Fast-growing company, pretty good compensation.

Cons

Promoted internal employees who had very limited experience outside the company. The result has not been favorable.

Advice to Management

Hire professionals with industry experience.

"Good Opportunity But Quick Burnout"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

I have been working at inContact (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, lots of work to do, value placed on personality and working with people's strengths. Flexibility in work environment and work hours in most cases.

Cons

Addressing concerns can be a lot like shouting into the void. Often issues are brushed off or not addressed (or people are told to "focus on the positive", a lot of big changes are pushed forward without research or ROI. Too many big initiatives with high priorities impacting the same resources. Benefits are getting worse every year with lessened health coverage.

Advice to Management

Less Subject Matter Experts or long-term employees defaulted as Managers, due to narrow vision and continued silos. More Management Training for Managers, especially around appropriate behavior with their teams and when/where/how to address performance issues.
    Invest time in roadmapping company initiatives and applying reasonable resources.

Jul 22, 2016 – Team inContact

It’s true that fast paced high growth companies don’t fit everyone’s style. The exciting thing about high growth is that it provides lots of internal opportunities and advancement! We’ve recently ... More

9. "Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

The new building will have a gym and, eventually, a clinic. Every new employee now gets 2 monitors, standard. New chairs for everyone with the new building! Finally. Generous vacation (3 weeks to start). Generous salaries.

Cons

Health benefits are significantly worse now than when I started. 3 years to vest is too long. 3% 401K match is weak. No yearly raises. I don't see a lot to look forward to in my position.

Advice to Management

Improve the benefits here; Put in place raises and a retirement plan so employees will be more likely to stay.

Jul 22, 2016 – Team inContact

We love our new building! Thank you for your feedback about our health benefits. We listen to employee feedback when making health plan decisions each year. Our company 401K match is up to 4% if an ... More

10. "IT Project Manager"

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Midvale, UT

Pros

Great work ethic and culture

Cons

Internal politics, team silos, poor interdepartmental communication

Advice to Management

Difficult to face time with primary stakeholder and decision maker for projects. Either make time for high-profile projects or delegate decisions to someone else and live with the results one way or the other

"Stifles creativity in an industry that needs it"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Midvale, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Environment is casual and not professionally stuffy. Each individual team breeds an environment of togetherness. The ambience and values that the company shoots for are great. There are perks and rewards that are worth giving that extra effort.

Cons

The work environment does not reward creativity, instead, stifles it. Unless you're labeled as one of the VP level's favorites, your efforts are rarely rewarded with high yield. Politics, politics, politics. There are many in a higher level management position that have no business managing people. They may get tasks completed, but at the cost of employee morale and loyalty.

Advice to Management

Create an environment that rewards creativity. Put away perception problems and operate on data and truths. Hire smart people so they tell YOU how to do things well. Don't hire smart people and tell them that you have the answer.

Nov 12, 2015 – Team inContact

I have been with inContact a little over four months now, and I am proud of what our organization is doing. We are constantly reviewing and assessing how well we are working as a team and able to ... More