inContact Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
inContact President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman
Paul Jarman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They're very flexible with remote working too - I work from home two days a week and there are some teams that work 3 (in 13 reviews)

• Company cares about employees (HR feedback has been taken seriously and resulted in company changes) as well a great atmosphere with great people (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management either doesn't listen or doesn't care (in 14 reviews)

• Work-life balance isn't great, but impossible to find a sales job that is (in 6 reviews)

1. "Voice Engineer"

Current Employee - Voice Engineer in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Voice Engineer in Sandy, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company with high moral

Cons

No room for growth on the Voice Engineering team.

"Getting Better Day to Day"

I have been working at inContact full-time

Pros

- I have watched a lot of management come and go but R&D now has a good CTO
    - The word transparency is overused but it has improved a lot
    - Finally some emphasis on diversity in R&D that has backing from the CTO
    - I work on more exciting and fun technology than many companies in the area

Cons

- There is irony not concentrating on technology and the musts of R&D even though inContact says it’s a cloud software company
    - Product quality has dropped below respectable standards because of too much emphasis on sales and product features
    - There is hostility from other departments but it is improving with new management

Advice to Management

- I would like to see a good CTO stay longer than a year can you make that happen?
    - More transparency and jettison the animosity
    * Make inContact a great software company again *

3. "Great team to work with"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at inContact as an intern

Pros

Direct interaction with the team

Cons

no cons as such, as of now

"One of the better places I've worked at"

Current Employee - Systems in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Systems in Sandy, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and great co-workers.

I feel as if I am valued, and treated like I matter and my individual contributions can make a big impact on the company as a whole. This feeling applies from the CEO downwards. Granted there are challenges and no one is perfect, but I truly feel like my efforts are appreciated and recognized.

Cons

Very slow to change core procedure and policies to improve and streamline deployments (systems, code, application, etc.). Need to better utilize standardize tools to improve efficiency and compliance.

Some of the upper management tends to be much more reactionary than proactive which leads to issues with capacity planning, and future proofing. This issue has been noted by some levels and steps have been made to better align the different groups with more "appropriate" leaders for their function.

Health, Vacation, and Salary are a little weak as compared to other employers in the valley and in the industry.

Advice to Management

To really take us to the next level, there needs to be a very heavy, top-down approach to embracing new technology and methodologies. It feels very much like "it ain't broke, so don't fix it" kind of mentality from the Executive Management teams. The old ways of doing things no longer work and we are falling further and further behind the curve in terms of adopting the new standards.

Address the core compensation packages as mentioned above, to help attract and retain the top people.

5. "Unsure about future"

I have been working at inContact full-time

Pros

It has been a great place to work.

Cons

Very difficult time since the acquisition .

Advice to Management

Fiure out where we are headed.

6. "Network Engineer"

Current Employee - Network Engineer
    Current Employee - Network Engineer

I have been working at inContact full-time

Pros

A very rare opportunity that allows one to grow their skills on multiple vendors and systems in terms of Network infrastructure - one is exposed to route/switching, firewalls & load balancers.

Cons

A fast paced environment, if you are a traditional tech guy & not customer centric- this may not be the gig for you.

7. "Sales is a great place to be!"

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great compensation, fun people, lots of free lunches, and lots of competitions for prizes, mentoring. The sales model favors buyer's model which leads to better ethics on the salesfloor. Middle management is approachable and works to protect ALL of their employees. Ethics are incredibly important to management (even work ethic an often forgotten ethic). Tools to do the job are evaluated frequently for effectiveness and efficiency. If you aren't successful right away,patience and care is taken in attempt to save your job. EVERYONE is held to a high standard of ethics and achievement.

Cons

Work-life balance isn't great, but impossible to find a sales job that is. NICE adjusted budgets following acquisition, but only for menial perks. Sales Operations cares only for partner channels. Disparate communication between sales, sales operations (which is supposed to be monitoring ethics),and marketing. Marketing, customer service, sales operations, and sales should be able to work well together and are often at odds with each other.

Advice to Management

Find a way for sales operations to bond with ALL sales channels and teams, (rather than favoring one channel over others). Continue efforts for sales and marketing to have open interactions and work together. Hold ALL people accountable for doing their jobs, not just from a quota perspective, but from an operational perspective as well. Continue to innovate on ways to enforce ethical behavior from sales development through DSM's.

8. "Good company"

I have been working at inContact full-time

Pros

Work from home. Not micro-managed.

Cons

Information and process documentation is hard to find.. It is scattered across many resources.

Advice to Management

Consolidate information resources and tools.

inContact Response

Feb 22, 2017 – Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your candid review. We agree process is something we are getting better at, thank goodness for the new Knowledge Bank. We have high expectations for condensing information into on... More

9. "Sales"

I have been working at inContact full-time

Pros

A good company to work for as a sales professional.

Cons

None that I can think of.

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at inContact (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast growing, constantly evolving, great management team

Cons

Pace of growth leaves internal process lacking.