inContact Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
inContact President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman
Paul Jarman

Pros
  • They're very flexible with remote working too - I work from home two days a week and there are some teams that work 3 (in 13 reviews)

• Company cares about employees (HR feedback has been taken seriously and resulted in company changes) as well a great atmosphere with great people (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management either doesn't listen or doesn't care (in 14 reviews)

• Work-life balance isn't great, but impossible to find a sales job that is (in 6 reviews)

1. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sandy, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

inContact is never afraid to reinvent itself. This creates challenges. From a technology perspective, I have had the opportunity to learn many new languages and tech stacks while I have been here which is really awesome for my career. inContact has been very willing to invest in me and my career with the on-the-job learning opportunities.

My team members are awesome. Not a crabby patty among them. It is so refreshing to work with people who have great attitudes and an obvious love for technical craftsmanship.

We recently got a new CTO, Marcus Daley. What he is doing to the R&D team is really great. There is a renewed focus on quality, automation, and paying down technical debt all while making sure that we still get to have a flexible work environment and a great work/life balance.

Cons

We have had a lot of change recently. Some really great team mates have left inContact. I wish they could see what Marcus is doing in creating inContact R&D to be an awesome place to work and IMHO, one of the best dev enviroments in the Silicon Slopes.

Advice to Management

Change is hard. Don't shy away from what change is. Embrace it. Let people vent appropriately. There are a lot of people who have passion for inContact and are feeling burned out. Get them on the right track.

"Great company excellent teammates"

Current Employee - Network Architect in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Network Architect in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at inContact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is dynamic, with challenges and great projects and products.
    Great learning experience.
    My team is great, they allow me to be myself and use my skills.

Cons

I haven't found anything, I really like to work with InContact.

Advice to Management

Keep listening employees and keep doing great things.

"Awesome!"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Sandy, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture! No politics. All merit based promotions

Cons

No Cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Knowledge Manager in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Knowledge Manager in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunities, great work life balance, leadership position in our market, and most importantly amazing people to work with!

Cons

Things are a little bumpy now that we have been acquired by NICE, but the acquisition is actually going quite smoothly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great, growing software company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love inContact, it's a great company to work for. It has minor annoyances like any company, and they are going through a transitional phase right now. But in general, it is a very good company to work for. They care about their employees. They are trying to do the right thing. Even when they fail sometimes in execution, they have good motivations. They have a great market opportunity. They generally try to use the newest technologies and approaches. They really care about their customers and do everything possible to help them.

Cons

inContact is going through the "awkward teenager" stage of the company life cycle. It started as a small company, changed from a telecom to a software company, and now is maturing into a larger, publicly traded company. This introduces the need for the organization to mature - things need to happen based on process instead of based on individuals. Actions need to be proactive and planned instead of reactive and fire fighting. But this is the usual life cycle of software companies, it's something that every company has to go through.
    In addition, inContact is being purchased by NICE Systems, which always causes some concern and employee churn. But inContact is handling the merger very well overall, and trying to take care of employees.

Advice to Management

Focus on what has made the company successful - employees and customers. Continually look at things from the perspective of what will make your customers and employees successful, and the company will be naturally successful. And re-evaluate your health and other benefits. They are sub-par for software companies in the area, and very sub-par for national software companies that you are competing with for talent.

inContact Response

Feb 22, 2017 – Manager Talent Acquisition

We bought some proactive and look forward to this next stage of maturity. Growing pains are inevitable in a rapidly growing company. We are trying to build our teams out so they have the leadership ... More

7. "Great place to sell"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

inContact is the clear leader in the growing cloud ACD space. I've been in software sales 15+ years and this is one of the best comp plans I've had. The goals/quotas are fair and everyone has a chance to get to Presidents Club. Marketing, Sales Development, and the Channel partners all do a great job finding leads for salespeople.

Cons

With all the growth, it can be a bit hectic at times, but that seems to be pretty normal at the growing tech companies I've known.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the customers as well as the employees. Ensure the NICE acquisition is a net positive and allows inContact to continue to be successful

"Human Resources Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great CEO, Great culture. They aren't trying to temporarily attract people with shiny metal objects -- they are committed to leadership principles, behavior matters as much as results. They don't want you working here all night. Great work life balance. Great people. Fantastic HQ location with new Gym and Wellness center coming.

Cons

A bit process immature but that will come. More focus on leading purposeful change to balance the strong bias for action. More discipline on operational excellence and metrics.

Advice to Management

Hold the line on new principles of high performance. Keep support going for leadership development.

9. "Love the company!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Sandy, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have really loved working at inContact so far. They treat their employees well and go above and beyond to make them feel valued. There are lots of opportunities to grow in the company because they are growing at such a rapid pace. They have a free onsite gym coupled with showers.

Cons

The snacks in the break room aren't free unfortunately.. =/

"New employee and loving it."

Current Employee - Associate Technical Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Technical Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very transparent and open organizational model. Vision of the company look great and promising. Friendly and fun environment full of very smart people. You are immediately trusted and are given responsibility. They spoil you.

Cons

None as of yet. My experiences here have been great up to this point.

Advice to Management

Continue to define what Incontacts culture is and make sure to continue this for all employees even through the NICE Acquisition.

11. "Anonymous Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Good people to work with across the organization. Great work environment/culture (wide open work spaces, flexible schedules, work life balance, on-site gym, soon to have a health clinic for employees, variety of gaming).

Cons

The company changes direction frequently so that can be discouraging for some employees. It is also a company that has some maturing to do but overall the company is continuing to make strides, just not as quickly as some people would like.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with employees.