inContact Reviews | Glassdoor

inContact Reviews

Updated July 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They're very flexible with remote working too - I work from home two days a week and there are some teams that work 3 (in 13 reviews)

• Company cares about employees (HR feedback has been taken seriously and resulted in company changes) as well a great atmosphere with great people (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management either doesn't listen or doesn't care (in 14 reviews)

• Work-life balance isn't great, but impossible to find a sales job that is (in 6 reviews)

"Awesome!"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Sandy, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture! No politics. All merit based promotions

Cons

No Cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

"The worst place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer II in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer II in Sandy, UT

I worked at inContact (More than a year)

Pros

Always have activities to do. Co-workers are cool and always looking for new opportunities.

Cons

Management is the worst they need to learn how to talk to people like adults and not be so childish. Make the job match the job description.

Advice to Management

Grow-up

"One of the better places I've worked at"

Current Employee - Systems in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Systems in Sandy, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and great co-workers.

I feel as if I am valued, and treated like I matter and my individual contributions can make a big impact on the company as a whole. This feeling applies from the CEO downwards. Granted there are challenges and no one is perfect, but I truly feel like my efforts are appreciated and recognized.

Cons

Very slow to change core procedure and policies to improve and streamline deployments (systems, code, application, etc.). Need to better utilize standardize tools to improve efficiency and compliance.

Some of the upper management tends to be much more reactionary than proactive which leads to issues with capacity planning, and future proofing. This issue has been noted by some levels and steps have been made to better align the different groups with more "appropriate" leaders for their function.

Health, Vacation, and Salary are a little weak as compared to other employers in the valley and in the industry.

Advice to Management

To really take us to the next level, there needs to be a very heavy, top-down approach to embracing new technology and methodologies. It feels very much like "it ain't broke, so don't fix it" kind of mentality from the Executive Management teams. The old ways of doing things no longer work and we are falling further and further behind the curve in terms of adopting the new standards.

Address the core compensation packages as mentioned above, to help attract and retain the top people.

4. "Unsure about future"

I have been working at inContact full-time

Pros

It has been a great place to work.

Cons

Very difficult time since the acquisition .

Advice to Management

Fiure out where we are headed.

5. "Network Engineer"

Current Employee - Network Engineer
    Current Employee - Network Engineer

I have been working at inContact full-time

Pros

A very rare opportunity that allows one to grow their skills on multiple vendors and systems in terms of Network infrastructure - one is exposed to route/switching, firewalls & load balancers.

Cons

A fast paced environment, if you are a traditional tech guy & not customer centric- this may not be the gig for you.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Knowledge Manager in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Knowledge Manager in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunities, great work life balance, leadership position in our market, and most importantly amazing people to work with!

Cons

Things are a little bumpy now that we have been acquired by NICE, but the acquisition is actually going quite smoothly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Sales is a great place to be!"

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great compensation, fun people, lots of free lunches, and lots of competitions for prizes, mentoring. The sales model favors buyer's model which leads to better ethics on the salesfloor. Middle management is approachable and works to protect ALL of their employees. Ethics are incredibly important to management (even work ethic an often forgotten ethic). Tools to do the job are evaluated frequently for effectiveness and efficiency. If you aren't successful right away,patience and care is taken in attempt to save your job. EVERYONE is held to a high standard of ethics and achievement.

Cons

Work-life balance isn't great, but impossible to find a sales job that is. NICE adjusted budgets following acquisition, but only for menial perks. Sales Operations cares only for partner channels. Disparate communication between sales, sales operations (which is supposed to be monitoring ethics),and marketing. Marketing, customer service, sales operations, and sales should be able to work well together and are often at odds with each other.

Advice to Management

Find a way for sales operations to bond with ALL sales channels and teams, (rather than favoring one channel over others). Continue efforts for sales and marketing to have open interactions and work together. Hold ALL people accountable for doing their jobs, not just from a quota perspective, but from an operational perspective as well. Continue to innovate on ways to enforce ethical behavior from sales development through DSM's.

"HR responses are a joke"

I worked at inContact full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A strong sense of camaraderie with your fellow workers through mutual trauma

Cons

The responses by HR here are such a joke, I finally had to add my own review. HR likes to say the company has been "rich with change". That perfectly sums up one of the biggest problems at inContact. The Sr. management and HR like to delude themselves with this idea, when in fact, nothing has changed about the company culture and practices in the past decade, AND THAT'S THE PROBLEM! The company never shed its nepotistic, 'do what I say, not what I do' attitude from before the IPO. Pat yourselves on the back for your 'industry setting' growth, when it was never meant to be sustainable. The plan was always to con the investors and shareholders long enough to inflate the company's value in the market to sell right before the bubble burst. This was all done at the expense of employees that so desperately wanted to believe in it. If you want to promote your growth, why don't you also give us some numbers on your turnover rates? Because you were sure concerned about that prior to the acquisition. But again, nothing was done to address the core issue of incompetent management, they just tried to fluff up the edges to have a story to sell to their employees about how the culture is 'changing' to be more transparent and inclusive. Good for you to solicit enough 5 star reviews of no substance to keep barely above that 3 star overall level though. Surprised there are still people out there that believe the lies.

Advice to Management

NICE - just pay out the executives you need to in order to get the cancer out. We know you are scrambling to figure out how to save this business as their competitors are eating your lunch. Ripping the bandage off is the best way to go. The employees can handle it as they have already been surfing with a lack of management for years.

"Lame, Lame, Lame"

Former Employee - Cool in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Cool in Sandy, UT

I worked at inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get paid, new office space, good coworkers -- the normal stuff

Cons

Very weak management, not a leader among them. They need a CFO that understands numbers and business.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to employees ... especially in what you think are tricky ways!

"Gotten Too Big Too Cool"

I worked at inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome job building company in last 10 year to a Gartner fav; Great business model from a Channel Partner perspective; technology is a 7 on a 1-10; most of the team are fantastic to work with; probably have a 18-24 month run before..................

Cons

Sr. Management is all about them; short term thinking now; will allow one terrible manager push out good people that worked hard to build..............

Advice to Management

Get your check and go..............