inDinero Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • Management is generally supportive of new ideas, C-level execs included (ps our CEO is a woman, which is definitely cool) (in 5 reviews)

• Awesome client base, interesting work and a great company culture I haven't found in any other org I've been part of (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • In the end I was "let go" by having my email account disabled (in 4 reviews)

• Sales team will kindly leave pizza and alcohol on your plastic desk from Costco over the weekend so it's nice and sticky first thing Monday morning (in 3 reviews)

"Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at inDinero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at inDinero since the first of the year and get more excited about this company each day. When people ask me why I like inDinero -- the answer is simple, the people in this company. I've never worked anywhere where people truly like each other this much. We are a culture based company, and we work hard finding people that fit our values. With that being said, we work hard and the people push each other every day to succeed.

Besides the people, my work experience has been highly regarded. I come from a big corporate background where I felt like another cog in the wheel. Here, what I do matters and I feel rewarded and recognized for the tasks. We have experienced explosive growth and of course there are growing pains. However, we succeed because we stick together and are passionate.

Cons

With growth comes growing pains. This environment is not for everyone. Change happens. Processes are still getting defined. Being a start up -- less resources than a larger company.

Advice to Management

Dig into the issues further with the team before making big decisions.

"inDinero bad fit for your future career"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at inDinero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Not transparent as to what is the status of the company
    Bigger work load that was not properly compensated

Advice to Management

Management as start up company should not expect a higher profit and exhausting the people with higher work load to achive it without increase their salary.

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Client Success Representative in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Client Success Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at inDinero full-time

Pros

I like the other people on the Account Management team, everyone is pretty young, first job out of college.

Cons

This is not a healthy work environment, I hated my job for months before I was finally able to get a new job so I could quit. There is very high turnover for a reason. All of the other reviews on here are accurate. The product also just isn't great, I had so much guilt for our clients (most of whom are unhappy). The platform needs a multi-million dollar investment....there's like 1 Engineer at the company...which is nothing for a "start up." I honestly felt like leaving inDinero I was relieved to put it behind me. InDinero is the definition of "sinking ship" in the dictionary and a race to see who can quit next. People clap when you leave because they are genuinely excited for you to move on to something better. It's just a miserable place to work with no training, no management, no support, and worst of all the client service is horrible.

Advice to Management

I'm sorry for being so honest in my review but I wish I would've taken the reviews I read more seriously and passed on this job offer.

"Amateur Night"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Free food and snacks. Ability to telecommute.

Cons

The tone set from upper management is easily the worst I have ever experienced. In the end I was "let go" by having my email account disabled. No further communication at all. Blind leading the blind here. Stay away.

"Great place to work, looking forward to next year."

Current Employee - Marketing in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Marketing in Portland, OR

Pros

I started at inDinero about 3 months ago, and I'm really impressed with the company. There's a real sense of commitment and accountability across the board -- employees have the room to make decisions and weigh in, so we can pivot and change quickly. It feels like we're all working toward common goals, rather than focused on what an individual team needs to do to hit their personal goals.

I'm also impressed with everyone's responsiveness to companywide issues. It doesn't matter if you're the CEO or if you're brand new to the company, everyone is looking for feedback and actively improving. And in my few short months of experience here, I've already seen a lot of positive change.

I'm very happy that I joined this company. I think that 2016 has been a challenging year for inDinero, but it's set us up to be really focused and successful next year. I can't wait to see what happens.

Cons

We're still figuring out who we are as a company and brand, which is work that I enjoy. But, it means that we go through a lot of change and every day is different (and it's pretty fast-moving). For some people, that can be frustrating -- I think you have to be flexible and willing to adjust to be successful at inDinero.

This is also a relatively young group. We're actively looking for and bringing in seasoned people with more expertise, which is great. As we continue to grow, we'll need to streamline our processes and I think we'll benefit from experience at other companies.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage accountability and to empower the team, but make sure to balance this by improving processes to set us up for growth.

"Great place for achievers to thrive"

Current Employee - SDR in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - SDR in Portland, OR

I have been working at inDinero (Less than a year)

Pros

In my time here, I've seen a lot of good things happen. We're a very fast moving company, which means there is opportunity to move up pretty quickly. Great community of employees- you'll find people spending time together at Thorns games or volunteering during off-hours. The general vibe is very can-do, hardworking, fun, openminded, casual, supportive, and innovative. Good work is rewarded on the SDR team as of late, with a motivating commission structure. As far as other benefits go, we get health + vision + dental insurance, FSA, 401k (not matched, but still great), pre-tax transit, a fridge of snacks, semi-regularly catered lunches, lunch & learn events for professional and personal development, team events (office olympics, game night, retreats, twice daily office workouts, etc), and access to a ton of books via Kindle- they take good care of us. Management is generally supportive of new ideas, C-level execs included (ps our CEO is a woman, which is definitely cool). Being in Goose Hollow means we're close to everything- by foot, public transit, bike, or car- but not directly in the middle of it all. Highly recommend working here to anyone who wants to work hard, be part of something awesome, and do well- without the suit.

Cons

We're a pretty young company (especially the SDR team), so there are some things we're figuring out as we go. The can-do attitude makes it work, and people and systems are flexible, so you have to be prepared for a "great idea- you can go figure it all out" sort of response if you have an idea to improve things.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the team's needs- the more this continues to happen, the happier we are working here and the more dedicated to the company we are.

"Learning & Growing"

Current Employee - Payroll in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Payroll in Portland, OR

I have been working at inDinero (More than a year)

Pros

The company itself has been in a growth stage and it is awesome to experience it. My last 3 jobs have been in a corporate setting where the company has been around for 15, 20 years. I was able to come in and bring my thoughts of what could make inDinero successful. Management has been open to hear what I had to say, and we have been able to improve and create new processes that benefit everyone.

The Portland office is very high energy and employees love to hang out outside of work. Employees always try to help each other out, especially during tax season. The new VP and directors they have brought in has really changed the environment for the better. There is now a sense of direction with clear goals.

Cons

Being that inDinero is still a relatively small company, changes happen very quick and at times, very sudden.

Advice to Management

Create a SWOT analysis prior to making major decisions. Seeing it on the whiteboard may lessen the pace of changes. Especially if it turns out to be a bad idea.

"Great people and big opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Pros

I have recently joined inDinero and continue to be impressed by the dedication and resiliency of the team. inDinero is a great place for anyone who really wants to make a big contribution regardless of their level of experience or where they sit in the organization. Start-ups have challenges, inDinero is no exception, but the willingness to tackle the challenges head-on and push forward makes the experience invigorating and fun. If you want to be challenged, work with great people, and not be constrained by traditional hierarchy/ways of doing things, you'd probably fit in well here.

Cons

Start-ups are hard. The rate of change can be tough for anyone that has not been part of a rapidly growing organization.

Advice to Management

There has been a lot of great progress on bringing management into the organization. This has had a positive impact on morale as well as career development for many of the folks newer to the workforce.

"Work Life Integration!"

Current Employee - Accounting in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Accounting in Portland, OR

I have been working at inDinero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance or "work life integration" is a priority at inDinero. The work itself is challenging but the bosses make sure that the employees are also happy. inDinero has created an environment where employees feel connected with the organization and have a positive work experience that's going to be a part of a rich and fulfilling life. inDinero, as a whole provides organizational excellence.

Cons

I just think inDinero can improve by providing more trainings to their employees. The management has provided us with enough soft skills training but we are looking for more seminars, conferences, and certifications specific to what we are doing

Advice to Management

Everything is doing well, i just want the company to continue encouraging communication between offices so people can share ideas. It's critical for businesses to have regular career planning discussions with their employees.

"It's all about the people"

Former Employee - Client Advocate in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Client Advocate in Portland, OR

I worked at inDinero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

inDinero makes sure that they acknowledge employees' hard work and contribution to the company. The better people feel about what they do, the more they want to do it well. We have been recognized for progress, a job well done and for goals achieved. We, as employees, are also motivated because they allow us to develop our skills. We have been given ample opportunity to expand our capabilities in new areas.

Cons

On-going training is a must to maintain current job skills,
    ​and inDinero has been great in providing online trainings and materials to make sure we are continually learning and developing. We have L&D programs that is useful and resources that are available anytime. I would want to suggest to maybe put on some classroom training, with speakers from different Accounting communities, so we can have interaction with the trainers and not just technology.

Advice to Management

Loosen up a little, the company is young, and we are doing great!​