inVentiv Health Reviews

Updated Feb 4, 2022

Found 745 of over 852 reviews

3.3
inVentiv Health Chief Executive Officer Alistair Macdonald (no image)
Alistair Macdonald

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

9h

a

Counselor

Just started a new job as an LMHC 7 weeks ago. It’s fee for service. Was told during the interview I’d have a full caseload always and have more stable clients. However, I’ve been getting at least 1 no show/cancel per day and found out that I don’t get paid for it unless the client pays. Now with these no show / late cancels, I have less clients and no new intakes are being put in my schedule even though I’ve alerted the intake dept several times. Is it bad I want to leave already?

5 Comments

Healthcare

31.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=inVentiv Health~9919
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great People to work with and for(in 44 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and perks of a Pharma job.(in 43 reviews)
  • "always something new going on; fast paced and exciting; overall the people are great and management really seems to care(in 32 reviews)
  • "Other managers were good to work with as well(in 28 reviews)
  • "Great training and on(in 26 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of inVentiv Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Mar 14, 2020 - Senior Designer in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work at.

Cons

No real drawbacks that I could see.

2. 4.0

Happy

Feb 4, 2022 - Salesperson in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule with job satisfaction

Cons

Contract with limited bonus payout

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Used to be good to work with

Apr 6, 2021 - Senior Database Administrator in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Before outsourcing IT to India, it was great IT team.

Cons

After outsourcing IT to India it become bad working machinery with no team at all.

4. 3.0

Ok

May 7, 2020 - IT Manager in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, I really enjoyed the Communications (Agency) division.

Cons

Saturated leadership structure, little movement and/or opportunity.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Friendly, professional, and enjoyable work environment

Feb 28, 2020 - National Business Director in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Respectful of employees needs; enjoyed the small-company like culture although it a large organization

Cons

Job opportunities very based on the contracts that come in to build sales teams, etc.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Dec 20, 2019 - Specialty Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, managers do a great job of being a liaison between you and the contract company

Cons

Contract company can decide at any time to end a contract, but Inventiv does a great job of helping employees find places in other contract.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Dishonest company all around

Dec 4, 2019 - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, training, diversity, learning experience

Cons

My paycheck was shorted, not once or twice, but numerous times. I learned, from my direct Pharma manager, as well as my inVentiv manager, that this was common practice. The pharma company mentioned, stopped partnering w iV because if this, as did another startup pharma co whose project I worked on. They got tired of having to fight for their employees pay and fair treatment regarding benefits. One year, despite medical insurance premiums being deducted from my pay, these premiums were not being paid to United, thus every time I went to the Dr. (and had a breast lump) the labs, surgeon, primary care, etc ran the contract & group #s provided by iV but it came up in their system as uninsured. HR was dismissive & took 2 months! to take any action at all, 4 months to correct. Told me to pay out of pocket for my care, then apply for reimbursement, despite $321 monthly being deducted from pay. They very callously thought it was appropriate (and possible) for me to pay full (uninsured) prices on each Dr. visit, including a costly breast ultrasound, while also paying premiums to be uninsured. 4 months of no resolution plus treated like I was the problem, finally got email from HR that just said, 'its handled'. No apology. My boss told me it was widespread and the pharma company who we were partnered with was appalled. They withdrew their business as soon as their 1 yr contract ended and took their sales force with them. Sadly, by then, what turned out to be a cancerous tumor had spread to lymph nodes so I got left behind with inVentiv. Par for the course, the supplemental insurance policy I'd purchased from them which was supposed to cover me for the duration of my illness was cancelled before my treatments ended. They also broke the law by laying me off while I was still on leave, and halfway through my radiation treatments, then required me to do closeout procedures (clean out sample storage locker, mail back equipment, endure a closeout audit) all while still on medical leave and between radiation treatments which were administered daily and drain all energy. Again, both my bosses were appalled but couldn't do anything. This company is callous, unlawful (repeatedly) and unethical. They seriously should have been sued, but I was too sick and literally fighting just to live. I'm well now, and wanted you to know what this company has done to me.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Sales Rep

Jul 31, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary and benefits were decent.

Cons

Management was unrealistic regarding quotas. District Managers were out of touch.

9. 4.0

Pharmaceutical Sales

Jun 27, 2019 - Sales Representative in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good managers, holidays.

Cons

Contract so there was unpredictability

10. 5.0

Great company

Jun 26, 2019 - Senior CRA in West Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

well-organized, great lines of communication, good pay and benefits

Cons

merged with INC Research. This changed the culture and sense of ease among coworkers very difficult

Viewing 1 - 10 of 745 Reviews

inVentiv Health Reviews FAQs

inVentiv Health has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 852 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at inVentiv Health to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, inVentiv Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at inVentiv Health. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

61% of inVentiv Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated inVentiv Health 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at inVentiv Health to be culture, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with inVentiv Health Job Seekers