inVentiv Health Reviews

Updated Apr 6, 2021

3.4
inVentiv Health Chief Executive Officer Alistair Macdonald (no image)
Alistair Macdonald
Pros
  • "Work Life balance with flexibility(in 50 reviews)

• "They have very good benefits for a contract company and the people are good to work with(in 33 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management seems distant but I understand you can't get to know everyone(in 19 reviews)

• "Contract work where there doesn't seem to be much help from the Inventiv recruiters once contract ends(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of inVentiv Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Mar 14, 2020 - Senior Designer in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work at.

Cons

No real drawbacks that I could see.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Used to be good to work with

Apr 6, 2021 - Senior Database Administrator in Somerset, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Before outsourcing IT to India, it was great IT team.

Cons

After outsourcing IT to India it become bad working machinery with no team at all.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Friendly, professional, and enjoyable work environment

Feb 28, 2020 - National Business Director in Somerset, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Respectful of employees needs; enjoyed the small-company like culture although it a large organization

Cons

Job opportunities very based on the contracts that come in to build sales teams, etc.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Dec 20, 2019 - Specialty Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, managers do a great job of being a liaison between you and the contract company

Cons

Contract company can decide at any time to end a contract, but Inventiv does a great job of helping employees find places in other contract.

5. 3.0

Ok

May 7, 2020 - IT Manager in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, I really enjoyed the Communications (Agency) division.

Cons

Saturated leadership structure, little movement and/or opportunity.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Dishonest company all around

Dec 4, 2019 - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, training, diversity, learning experience

Cons

My paycheck was shorted, not once or twice, but numerous times. I learned, from my direct Pharma manager, as well as my inVentiv manager, that this was common practice. The pharma company mentioned, stopped partnering w iV because if this, as did another startup pharma co whose project I worked on. They got tired of having to fight for their employees pay and fair treatment regarding benefits. One year, despite medical insurance premiums being deducted from my pay, these premiums were not being paid to United, thus every time I went to the Dr. (and had a breast lump) the labs, surgeon, primary care, etc ran the contract & group #s provided by iV but it came up in their system as uninsured. HR was dismissive & took 2 months! to take any action at all, 4 months to correct. Told me to pay out of pocket for my care, then apply for reimbursement, despite $321 monthly being deducted from pay. They very callously thought it was appropriate (and possible) for me to pay full (uninsured) prices on each Dr. visit, including a costly breast ultrasound, while also paying premiums to be uninsured. 4 months of no resolution plus treated like I was the problem, finally got email from HR that just said, 'its handled'. No apology. My boss told me it was widespread and the pharma company who we were partnered with was appalled. They withdrew their business as soon as their 1 yr contract ended and took their sales force with them. Sadly, by then, what turned out to be a cancerous tumor had spread to lymph nodes so I got left behind with inVentiv. Par for the course, the supplemental insurance policy I'd purchased from them which was supposed to cover me for the duration of my illness was cancelled before my treatments ended. They also broke the law by laying me off while I was still on leave, and halfway through my radiation treatments, then required me to do closeout procedures (clean out sample storage locker, mail back equipment, endure a closeout audit) all while still on medical leave and between radiation treatments which were administered daily and drain all energy. Again, both my bosses were appalled but couldn't do anything. This company is callous, unlawful (repeatedly) and unethical. They seriously should have been sued, but I was too sick and literally fighting just to live. I'm well now, and wanted you to know what this company has done to me.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Great company

Jun 26, 2019 - Senior CRA in West Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

well-organized, great lines of communication, good pay and benefits

Cons

merged with INC Research. This changed the culture and sense of ease among coworkers very difficult

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pharmaceutical Sales

Jun 27, 2019 - Sales Representative in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good managers, holidays.

Cons

Contract so there was unpredictability

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

The place to be in an ever changing industry.

Dec 11, 2015 - Director in Somerset, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been an inventive employee for 15+ years and have experienced the highs and lows of this company. I've personally witnessed this company evolve from a traditional CSO ("Contract Sales Organization") specializing in sales teams to fully diverse global organization that providing support and solutions to the Pharma & Biotech industry. By being involved in all aspects of a product's life cycle, there are opportunities for those interested in either Clinical or Commercial (i.e. sales/sales support) opportunities. As many Pharma organizations outsource many areas of their organization, inVentiv is positioned to meet this growing trend in the industry.

Cons

In this organization, many are tasked with supporting multiple clients which can be overwhelming to those not experienced in a dynamic environment. Sometimes management is slow to recognize additional support may be needed. Hiring more "chiefs" is not the answer and can take opportunities away from others.

17 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company but not totally transparent with CRAs

Oct 1, 2018 - Senior CRA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company overall. Line Managers tend to be awesome. They company won't assign more than 2 protocols but preferably one. Perdiem could be better but is not that bad.

Cons

They advertise that CRAs gets traveling quarterly bonuses but the metrics are so high that only a very few CRAs qualifies for these bonuses. They also advertise that after two years with the company CRAs qualify to get 2 paid weeks of Sabbatical but what they don't say upfront is that the pre-requisites for Upper Management to approve the sabbaticals are so up high that every time you apply for it, it gets denied. It seems that they use the "Travel bonus" and the "Sabbatical" benefit as a way to attract CRAs to compete with other CROs but the reality is that they don't aloud CRAs take their Sabbaticals or give CRAs traveling bonuses no matter how much a CRA travels because the metrics are designed to benefit the company not the CRAs.

1 person found this review helpful