inVentiv Health Reviews | Glassdoor

inVentiv Health Reviews

Updated Dec 20, 2019

3.4
inVentiv Health Chief Executive Officer Alistair Macdonald (no image)
Alistair Macdonald
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great management, managers do a great job of being a liaison between you and the contract company

Cons

Contract company can decide at any time to end a contract, but Inventiv does a great job of helping employees find places in other contract.

inVentiv Health2019-12-20

"Dishonest company all around"

Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, training, diversity, learning experience

Cons

My paycheck was shorted, not once or twice, but numerous times. I learned, from my direct Pharma manager, as well as my inVentiv manager, that this was common practice. The pharma company mentioned, stopped partnering w iV because if this, as did another startup pharma co whose project I worked on. They got tired of having to fight for their employees pay and fair treatment regarding benefits. One year, despite medical insurance premiums being deducted from my pay, these premiums were not being paid to United, thus every time I went to the Dr. (and had a breast lump) the labs, surgeon, primary care, etc ran the contract & group #s provided by iV but it came up in their system as uninsured. HR was dismissive & took 2 months! to take any action at all, 4 months to correct. Told me to pay out of pocket for my care, then apply for reimbursement, despite $321 monthly being deducted from pay. They very callously thought it was appropriate (and possible) for me to pay full (uninsured) prices on each Dr. visit, including a costly breast ultrasound, while also paying premiums to be uninsured. 4 months of no resolution plus treated like I was the problem, finally got email from HR that just said, 'its handled'. No apology. My boss told me it was widespread and the pharma company who we were partnered with was appalled. They withdrew their business as soon as their 1 yr contract ended and took their sales force with them. Sadly, by then, what turned out to be a cancerous tumor had spread to lymph nodes so I got left behind with inVentiv. Par for the course, the supplemental insurance policy I'd purchased from them which was supposed to cover me for the duration of my illness was cancelled before my treatments ended. They also broke the law by laying me off while I was still on leave, and halfway through my radiation treatments, then required me to do closeout procedures (clean out sample storage locker, mail back equipment, endure a closeout audit) all while still on medical leave and between radiation treatments which were administered daily and drain all energy. Again, both my bosses were appalled but couldn't do anything. This company is callous, unlawful (repeatedly) and unethical. They seriously should have been sued, but I was too sick and literally fighting just to live. I'm well now, and wanted you to know what this company has done to me.

Advice to Management

There is so much research which has been done, much of it funded by Bristol Meyers Squibb, that proves: it's much cheaper to retain employees than keep hiring new ones (the churn & burn philosophy costs you much more), and the thing that most greatly increases employee productivity is employee happiness (not the Macevellian approach, or cheating your employees) which is practiced at inVentiv. The very first person who warned me about the unlawful, unethical practices at inVentiv was my very first boss their, in 1997, who was directly employed by BMS. Same sentiment way back then. he was tired of having to fight for his employees to get their rightful pay, which was being funded by BMS but not allotted to sales force according to contract. They also took their business elsewhere, inVentiv. I believe same logic for retaining employees probably applies to retaining contracts. Cheaper to retain the ones you already have than constantly have to find new ones, and to retain them, must keep them happy. And, cheating your salesforce is a practice that only appeals to you. Your customers have become as disgusted as your affected employees. In other words, if you can be as successful as you've been by doing the wrong thing, then please consider how much more successful you could be by doing the right thing. Research proves it. Work smarter instead of harder, and your bottom line will follow..

inVentiv Health2019-12-04
  3. "Sales Rep"

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time

Pros

Salary and benefits were decent.

Cons

Management was unrealistic regarding quotas. District Managers were out of touch.

inVentiv Health2019-08-01
  4. "Pharmaceutical Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Detroit, MI

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, good managers, holidays.

Cons

Contract so there was unpredictability

inVentiv Health2019-06-28
  5. "Great company"

Former Employee - Senior CRA in West Raleigh, NC

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

well-organized, great lines of communication, good pay and benefits

Cons

merged with INC Research. This changed the culture and sense of ease among coworkers very difficult

Advice to Management

None, really

inVentiv Health2019-06-26
  6. "good place to work"

Current Employee - Global Drug Safety Associate in Pune

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good place to start with

Cons

not flexible for employee for different department ,very limited to your role,

inVentiv Health2019-06-26

"It all depends on the contract"

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company car provided, cell phone expense, internet expense paid.

Cons

Tremendous variances in contracts can mean big gaps in employee satisfaction.

inVentiv Health2019-06-05
  8. "Senior leadership treat people poorly"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

frindly people to work with

Cons

Pay is low and Senior leadership treat people poorly. People are promoted who shouldn't be in a leadership role

Advice to Management

N/A

inVentiv Health2019-04-28
  9. "Quality"

Former Employee - Associate

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company culture pay benefits stability

Cons

long hours bad boss layoffs

inVentiv Health2019-03-11
  10. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior CRA

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time

Pros

Great team, great compensation, great training opportunities, you get recognized when you do great work,

Cons

none that i can think of

inVentiv Health2019-03-11