KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

inVentiv Health

Is this your company?

inVentiv Health

Add a Review

inVentiv Health Employee Reviews about "contract ends"

Updated Dec 4, 2019

Found 26 of over 849 reviews

3.4
inVentiv Health Chief Executive Officer Alistair Macdonald (no image)
Alistair Macdonald
Pros
  • "Work Life balance with flexibility(in 50 reviews)

• "They have very good benefits for a contract company and the people are good to work with(in 33 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management seems distant but I understand you can't get to know everyone(in 19 reviews)

• "Contract work where there doesn't seem to be much help from the Inventiv recruiters once contract ends(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of inVentiv Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "contract ends"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love this job. I sell a very awesome drug & have an amazing manager. It's such a great job to have!

Aug 6, 2017 - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative in Amarillo, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company to work for. They are continually trying to improve things & secure more contracts. They also try to reward employees for doing a great job!

Cons

The only con I have is that it is a contract & those end. You can only hope that there will be another contract for you to be placed on after the current contract ends.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Dishonest company all around

Dec 4, 2019 - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, training, diversity, learning experience

Cons

My paycheck was shorted, not once or twice, but numerous times. I learned, from my direct Pharma manager, as well as my inVentiv manager, that this was common practice. The pharma company mentioned, stopped partnering w iV because if this, as did another startup pharma co whose project I worked on. They got tired of having to fight for their employees pay and fair treatment regarding benefits. One year, despite medical insurance premiums being deducted from my pay, these premiums were not being paid to United, thus every time I went to the Dr. (and had a breast lump) the labs, surgeon, primary care, etc ran the contract & group #s provided by iV but it came up in their system as uninsured. HR was dismissive & took 2 months! to take any action at all, 4 months to correct. Told me to pay out of pocket for my care, then apply for reimbursement, despite $321 monthly being deducted from pay. They very callously thought it was appropriate (and possible) for me to pay full (uninsured) prices on each Dr. visit, including a costly breast ultrasound, while also paying premiums to be uninsured. 4 months of no resolution plus treated like I was the problem, finally got email from HR that just said, 'its handled'. No apology. My boss told me it was widespread and the pharma company who we were partnered with was appalled. They withdrew their business as soon as their 1 yr contract ended and took their sales force with them. Sadly, by then, what turned out to be a cancerous tumor had spread to lymph nodes so I got left behind with inVentiv. Par for the course, the supplemental insurance policy I'd purchased from them which was supposed to cover me for the duration of my illness was cancelled before my treatments ended. They also broke the law by laying me off while I was still on leave, and halfway through my radiation treatments, then required me to do closeout procedures (clean out sample storage locker, mail back equipment, endure a closeout audit) all while still on medical leave and between radiation treatments which were administered daily and drain all energy. Again, both my bosses were appalled but couldn't do anything. This company is callous, unlawful (repeatedly) and unethical. They seriously should have been sued, but I was too sick and literally fighting just to live. I'm well now, and wanted you to know what this company has done to me.

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pharmaceutical Rep

Jul 13, 2016 - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance. Also has a great talent network including management that works from an encouragement standpoint with a solid focus on training.

Cons

When your contract ends, you'd better hope there's something else you are qualified to do within the company.

7 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Home

May 12, 2016 - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

As far as contract companies go, you'll work with the best products here. Benefits are better than other contract companies Car Good reps are valued. If your contract ends and you are a genuine hard worker you have nothing to fear More than fair salary

Cons

Each contract is different, some are better than others. This is out of Inventiv's hands Reps that work directly for pharm companies might look down on you and be snooty. Little do they realize that your job is actually more secure than theirs. I don't think this is a con, but you do need to put in your hours. This is not a part time gig disguised as a 40 hour work week.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

You will be a spoke on a wheel - but a good salary to tolerate it.

Jul 5, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Due to the sheer size of the company and their growing need to consistently hire multiple contract sales forces, there will always be a need for bodies here - even if you're not the sharpest tool in the proverbial shed.

Cons

Employment is on a minute-to-minute basis and no there are no severance packages issued upon termination of contracts. Even if you've been employed there for years, when a contract ends - you only get 2 weeks pay and an email wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sales Excellence Coach

Oct 12, 2017 - Sales Excellence Coach
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management was the best part of this job. My Director was the best managed that I have worked for in my 27 years in the industry. The base pay and bonus was great as well.

Cons

I worked on a two year contract that was supposed to be extended, however the contract ended and I had nowhere else to go.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

inVentiv overiview

May 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great way to get exposure to the pharmaceutical/ Medical Sales industry for entry level candidates. -Contracted rep, so if contract ends, they will work with you to find another contract with another company contracted with inVentiv Health

Cons

- Iake of repsect form contracted company and employees -Extreme micro management at times. Management feels the pressure to be better than the company you're contracted with -Pay and benefits differe depending on contract

8. 5.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Contract Employee

May 29, 2014 - Client Relations Specialist in Bedminster, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The group that I was hired by to work a contract was very professional and always available to answer any questions. They followed up with reviews and ckecked in consistantly to assure that both contractor and contractee were happy. Competitive salery was offered as well as health benefits.

Cons

I just wish that when the contract ended that they would have had another position to offer me but that is not always possible.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Client focused CSO that does look out for it's good employees

Nov 11, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked 3 separate times for inVentiv on contracts, and if you are a valuable sales representative with proven success, they will help you find a new position if your position is eliminated. They have several contracts that need representatives with varying degrees of experience.

Cons

When a contract ends or you are displaced, you are basically done with no salary, and your benefits end at the end of the month in which you are laid off. Also, if you accrue vacation that you haven't used, they only pay our 30% of the value of the vacation time.

10. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 5 years

Steady Employment - Many Contracts

Dec 13, 2016 - Specialty Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been on 3 Contracts and Recruiters help find new employment once a Contract ends. I have been with them for over 6 years now, which gives me 3 weeks vacation. Years of Service continues with each Contract.

Cons

Pay varies per Contract. Health Insurance used to be better

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews