insightsoftware.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul Yarwood

1. "Fine company - Just fine"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Denver, CO

I have been working at insightsoftware.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work, good people, lot to learn, able to try new things

Cons

I don't have any issues.

Advice to Management

Beer in the fridge maybe? However if not I understand if not.

Jul 14, 2016 – Senior Executive

Thanks for the review. We currently have champagne in the fridge but beer is a good option as well. Noted.

2. "Great people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at insightsoftware.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

incredibly intelligent and innovative people work at insightsoftware.com. The work was challenging and interesting and the culture was one of work hard, play hard and we lived up to it.

Cons

Changes happen fast and furiously at insight, sometimes these changes were a surprise to the staff making it a bit difficult to switch gears quickly.

Advice to Management

Management could be more transparent.

"Best employer I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at insightsoftware.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great benefits
    - Fantastic healthcare: $250 deductible and the company covers the monthly premiums!
    - Employer match 401k that is vested immediately
    - Great group of people. Everyone works hard and goes above and beyond. Yet, we mostly get along and have a great time at social events.
    - Nearly all of our customers love our product and support. This makes working with the customer much easier.
    - Great view from the office
    - Covered parking really matters when you have hail storms
    - Flexible work schedules and ability to work from home occasionally

Cons

- We hire quickly and fire quickly if the new employees are not performing up to expectations or not a cultural fit. When we do fire multiple people in a short period of time, it does make employees feel quite uneasy.
    - Although a few long timers have changed positions over the years within the company, being a small company there still isn't a whole lot of career advancement opportunities.
    - Upper management changes strategy and people quite often, so employees better be able to adapt to change.
    - Room for improvement on communication, esp. from management to the rest of the employees.
    - Mediocre paid time off: 15 days. More PTO with years of service would be better.

Advice to Management

Stock the fridge with beer... since it's mentioned on our careers webpage.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at insightsoftware.com full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I feel very fortunate to work for insightsoftware.com. While some employees have been frustrated by the growing pains most small companies experience, I have found the company to be innovative and exciting. I have been pushed to do more than I thought I could, and rewarded for my efforts and loyalty.
    The thing I enjoy most about this company is that they have a genuine understanding of a work-life balance. I am expected to work hard and produce solid results, but I am also allowed a freedom to tend to personal affairs when the need arises, often with little notice. The majority of my coworkers (who actually feel more like friends) are uber-talented and inspire me to try harder on every project.
    There is also a true atmosphere of caring to the core for its customers. I have never worked for a company that is so focused on making sure every customer receives the best service possible. This works for me in a big way, and it probably why I have stayed for so long.

Cons

Communication can sometimes be delayed company-wide, but strides are being made to remedy that.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the employees of the company. It's such a talented bunch, their feedback will always hold some great ideas for growth and development.

Jul 14, 2016 – Senior Executive

Quite the track record - ten years! Very thankful for this feedback and we will keep listening.

6. "Marketing Internship"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at insightsoftware.com (Less than a year)

Pros

wonderful work environment, friendly co-workers, great learning experience

Cons

there was nothing I didn't like about working at insight software.com

"Be Like The Flock of Seagulls, and RUN...Run So Far Away!"

Former Employee - Product Marketing in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Product Marketing in Denver, CO

I worked at insightsoftware.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is being very generous, but SOME of the people there are cool. The benefits are good and the office is beautiful.

Cons

Holy cow, where do I begin? First off, you are either desperate or dumb if you accept a position here. The company is going NOWHERE. No sales are happening, no one is moving up in their positions, and the management is a bunch of misguided English good ol' boys with no real strategy in place. The product, which was once a brilliant ERP add-on, has fallen to an over-priced clunky dated piece of software in which competition has rolled all over them with no hope of recovery.

And don't even get me started on the Sales Team. They are nothing but entitled whiny cry babies who actually hold more clout than that of the CEO...they run the show here, which actually scared me to death! I was disgusted at the sales tactics used, as I had more knowledge of selling when I sold lemonade on the curb at 5 years old. No wonder nothing is being sold!

Do yourself and your career a favor, run far and run fast from this sinking ship...ping me when you do with a strong "thank you!"

Advice to Management

Shut the whole thing down. You have NO clue what you are doing, and as a result you are ruining people's careers.

Jul 14, 2016 – Senior Executive

Very unfortunate that your time with us was not similar to many others. Sometimes the shoe just doesn't fit. Hoping you found a better option elsewhere.

"Good to be here - Excellent"

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

Pros

Salary
    Work Environmnet
    Respect
    Collegues
    Product Strategy
    Marketing Focus
    Excellent Work environmnet with abalance of work and life. High employee retention

Cons

Young Company developing
    Marketing Reach
    Growth strategy

Advice to Management

Suggest Insight gets a dedicated VP Sales with Sr Experience to help each salesperson (Coach)

"Opportunities for those willing to take them."

I have been working at insightsoftware.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a dynamic company that is willing to try new stuff and to give employees opportunities to shine if you are willing to take the initiative. If you are an A team player then you will find plenty of challenge and ways to contribute. I feel these types of employees are recognized and rewarded.

Cons

As a smaller company, there are challenges with infrastructure and constantly developing business practices. We make a lot up as go which is fine for some and frustrating for others.

10. "Good company with huge potential"

I have been working at insightsoftware.com full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Product direction & vision is inspiring

Cons

Execution challenges can be frustrating

11. "Excellent company in a fast growing space"

Current Employee - Sales &Amp; Marketing
    Current Employee - Sales &Amp; Marketing

I have been working at insightsoftware.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many talented employees
    Tremendous growth
    Strong leadership
    Contributions from every employee can make a direct impact
    Great salary, decent benefits

Cons

Going through some minor growing pains (similar to any company of its size). Management is putting pieces in place for better support.

Advice to Management

No advice, the product is popular within its niche.