itelligence North America Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
itelligence North America President and CEO Steve Niesman
Steve Niesman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • And they really do stress the importance of work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

• I feel like the management team is accessible and willing to talk (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The family, employee first culture has vanished over the past 5 years as NTT data has exerted greater influence (in 3 reviews)

• Lately the sales team seems to be struggling with changes in market which I do not see being addressed aggressively enough (in 3 reviews)

"Good company"

I have been working at itelligence North America full-time

Pros

I am working at itelligence for several years in a variety of positions. Career growth has been good. I have a great relationship with my manager (and my manager's manager) which makes everything easy. Open & honest culture help to navigate through changes in the market.

Cons

Being part of a multi-billion dollar company leads to some stupidity in policy (mostly in IT). Lately the sales team seems to be struggling with changes in market which I do not see being addressed aggressively enough.

Advice to Management

Address sales issues with shift from software (basically dead) to cloud (little margin); need better alignment with what we sell and what we can deliver

2. "Sinking Ship"

I worked at itelligence North America full-time

Pros

Colleagues
    Work hours
    Legal Department is very knowledgeable (saving the company from incompetent account managers that agree to terms that the company cannot possibly adhere to)

Cons

Management doesn't know what direction to take the company
    If you're within your first 6 months and they release you they will stand behind their legal right to not tell you why they terminated you.
    SAP does not play well with channel partners anymore
    Bought by NTTData and under constant pressure to hit an unrealistic EBITDA

Advice to Management

Be straightforward with your employees, if an ENTIRE department thinks their manager/director is a liar, they most likely are.

3. "Great mentoring & teamwork"

Former Employee - Solutions Engineer
    Former Employee - Solutions Engineer

I worked at itelligence North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some very brilliant and talented SAP experts that help you grow and support you. Consistently one of the top SAP re-sellers in the US.

Cons

Pay is below competitive for the industry but they overall culture makes for a fantastic work environment.

Advice to Management

Congratulations on all of the success and good luck in the future

4. "Consulting"

I have been working at itelligence North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management doesn't bother us much.

Cons

Always fixing screwed up projects, seems like a boys club, weak executives and sales people

5. "Not What IT Used To Be"

I worked at itelligence North America full-time

Pros

Great pay, entrepreneurial 'feel' to the culture. Great customer base, with long-term relationships. Above-average benefits

Cons

Purchased by NTT Data, and seeing almost none of the benefits by being a part of an enterprise that large, but feeling the stresses of being a part of it.
    Financial goals are set by NTT, then by Itelligence AG. Again, these parent entities provide nothing that contributes to anything to the products and services that Itelligence NA does. Thus they embark on getting markets and working with new technologies, but they don't have the 'bench' to bring it to completion. They hired these 'senior directors' from outside the company and that have no experience with what led to IT/NA's success in the first place.
    Because of this bloated executive overhead, hey layoff people every time business slows down. Then guess what happens to the initiatives of those new markets and technologies ? They never get off the ground.

Advice to Management

Steve, you are funding NTT's global buying spree. They are trying to buy their way into being what companies like CSC and EDS used to be. They have no vision but you do. Get with Norbert and plan a way to get back to being a standalone company again.

"EPM / BPC Group"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at itelligence North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team members are assigned titles and duties in a fragmented but hierarchical organization which allows for deeper understanding of task areas. Colleagues are helpful and respond quickly when assistance is needed. Management does not press consultants for billable hours.

Cons

Associates at the lowest levels get minimal training and onboarding of new hires is weak. Everyone works in silos which means that little cross training occurs. Some in leadership roles at the lower levels were put there for their technical skills and not for managerial abilities.

Advice to Management

Bust up the work silos and get people doing cross training. Have check points at the start, middle and end of projects to share ideas of what went well and what didn't -- include all members in these discussions.

7. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at itelligence North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of professionals with years of experience in a broad spectrum of business verticals. They are engaged in numerous S/4HANA integration projects, both greenfield and conversions. They possess top industry expertise in SD, FI, CO, MM, PP, PI/PO, PM, have dedicated consultants for BusinessObjects, BW, BPC and predictive analytics, and expertise with other add-on functionalities.

Cons

Much of their workforce is distributed across the country - and this makes it tough to create a sense of belonging.

Other than itelligence-developed course and encouragement to learn, you're encouraged to learn on your own time or during down-time (between projects).

There's still a heavier bias toward technical knowledge over business knowledge and acumen, though most of the functional consultants do have a strong knowledge of business processes and procedures.

Advice to Management

Improve strategic thinking and long term planning over short-term tactical execution. Also, though focusing on Client satisfaction is paramount, we still need to focus on delivering within contractual scope.

8. "Great Place To Be!"

I have been working at itelligence North America full-time

Pros

itelligence is a great place with a customer and employee focus.
    itelligence is innovative and agile.
    itelligence has great leadership in an ever changing technology world.

Cons

itelligence has to continually adapt to the SAP market place.
    itelligence has grown from a company focused on the SMB and is moving towards LE with some natural growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay transparent.

9. "Great Culture, Tons of Opportunities"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at itelligence North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very much an employee centric culture. Support to encourage movement throughout the company, executive communication, and perks like 4 weeks PTO to start. My time here has been great and probably one of the best experiences of my career.

Cons

Really can't think of much. There are some internal processes that feel cumbersome but the people involved are always helpful. You just have to be patient and let the system work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's a good balance of actively communicating just enough and being open to employee feedback.

10. "Honest and fair company that tries to balance customers and employees"

I have been working at itelligence North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of great people that I respect and care for
    Right size...big enough to be meaningful and small enough to be seen as an individual

Cons

Business is hard sometimes, with peaks and valleys
    Challenge to find time to stay engaged learning new technologies

Advice to Management

Keep advising market direction and company strategy
    Remember why we are different and protect those things