iwoca Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

iwoca Manager Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2019

Found 11 reviews

4.8
iwoca CEO Christoph Rieche (no image)
Christoph Rieche
  1. "Great place to work and learn at the same time"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at iwoca full-time for more than a year

Pros

young and very dynamic, smart and flexible

Cons

not very mature , need better management culture

iwoca2019-08-13
  2. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at iwoca full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing team, solid leadership, interesting technology challenges and fast growth.

Cons

The natural ambiguity of a young company might not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and don't stop striving for even stronger staff engagement.

iwoca2018-08-21

"A great company to work for!"

I have been working at iwoca full-time for less than a year

Pros

iwoca is a great place to work, and you can tell the company culture has been integral to the success of the business so far. Everyone who works at iwoca is very driven and passionate about the business and our collective goals/objectives. The office is an inviting place, with many different spaces to work and engage with friends (colleagues). The working houses that are set up every 6 months are also a real point... of difference!

Cons

iwoca is very fast paced and always changing/improving, this suits me and the people who work here, but it may not suit everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting out of the box ideas and innovations, keeping the iwocan spirit alive and that 'Start up/fintec' feel.

iwoca2018-05-01
  4. "ok place to work but bogged down by corporate feel"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at iwoca full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some really clever people in the risk department especially

Cons

Bit of a sterile, 'buy-in' startup vibe which is pretty corporate in a lot of the politics that happened there Glass ceiling when really this is just a high interest rate loan and there are cheaper options on the market when used as a revolving credit facility

iwoca2017-10-30

"A truly amazing place to work"

I have been working at iwoca full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great atmosphere in the office -Working with a great mix of people from across the world, all of who are lovely! -Very collaborative atmosphere with teams coming together to work on projects rather than sticking to their own area -Plenty of opportunity to put ideas forward -These ideas are listened to, discussed and put into practice if appropriate -Supportive environment -Flexible with hours if you have an... appointment -You feel valued as a person, not just as an employee -Constantly kept up to date with how the business is doing overall, in your own area, and in other areas -Bi-monthly feedback in first 3 months -Group feedback sessions on how to improve processes and discuss successes and issues at least twice weekly -Good variety of daily tasks -Very approachable senior management team -Although still making many changes in processes iwoca adapts quickly and positively -Great social events and perks -Vibrant place to work with a lovely office -Free breakfast, snacks and drinks

Cons

-Could be seen as an overload of information on business performance which can distract from your current task but I'm really clutching at straw to find something to write as a con! **If you don't enjoy a fast paced environment, the opportunity to go above and beyond your job remit and be rewarded, being challenged daily, socialising with your co-workers or working hard whilst having a great time then this... definitely isn't the place for you. If you do, I can't wait to meet you!**

Advice to Management

Personally I feel looking within your current talent pool for senior positions before advertising externally is always best. However, we are growing so fast sometimes that's not possible.

iwoca2017-06-21
  6. "Amazing company"

I have been working at iwoca full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working Trusting work environment Good exposure and training for new starters Diverse and friendly team Efficient and quick systems

Cons

Compared to my previous job as a retail bank manager, I have zero complaints

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The company is a breath of fresh air, and all staff seem to embrace and appreciate the environment you have created.

iwoca2017-06-22
  7. "I love the place"

I have been working at iwoca full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When I started with iwoca, there were approximately 10 people at the company in total. The company was new and finding its feet in the market. 4.5 years and 3 offices later, we have a team of 150 and a great Central London office. The company management is very down to earth, including the CEO. Ideas are always encouraged and listened to both at team level, as well as company level. You can have an open chat... with anyone in the management team. We have a new HR director who has brought in a number of benefits this year, with more on the way. The staff are dedicated to the cause and generally work very hard. If you are a slacker then this is not a company for you as you'll get found out very quickly. Some of the pros: - iwoca values its staff and their contribution - it's open to ideas so you can have an impact on shaping your role, the team and the company - very open attitude including at the monthly team meetings with the CEO - Central London office with chill out rooms, pool table, ping-pong, table football etc - Free breakfast and snacks - Free soft drinks, coffee/tea, beer etc - Employee share option - Pension contribution - Good maternity/paternity leave - Flexible working - Two organised (& paid) retreats per year to places like France or Spain - Bicycle parking within the office - Subsidised gym membership etc

Cons

Is iwoca perfect? No, of course not. As some of the other reviews have said, the starting salaries are not the highest in the sector. However, if you can show that you are worth more once you've been here for a few months, then the company will reward that. Plus, some of the benefits listed above are certainly worth a small offset in starting base salary. The staff are all young - which means a great buzz around... the place. However, that can also mean a messy office... The Office Management team are working on improving this.

Advice to Management

I think the Management has already taken on the feedback about promoting from within instead of bringing in external "experts", which rarely worked out in the past. So I'd say keep up the good work.

iwoca2017-06-21
  8. "Really cool place to work at"

I have been working at iwoca full-time

Pros

- you get a lot of responsibilities from day one - very fast paced environment - good team atmosphere - nice benefits (amazing breakfast) - the number of holidays has recently been increased

Cons

- salary rather low for the finance industry - unbalanced gender ratio

iwoca2017-03-30
  9. "Company review"

Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at iwoca for less than a year

Pros

Great place. Fast paced and friendly environment.

Cons

Start up. Over 100 employees. Fast paced.

iwoca2016-12-13

"Great Startup"

I have been working at iwoca full-time

Pros

Great location! Very young, very ambitous. Great Start-up.

Cons

If you do not like responsabilities, this is not for you.

iwoca2015-06-19