kawasaki Motors Corp, USA Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Masatoshi Tsurutani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good people, good company values, less than exciting duties for engineers"

Former Employee - Production Engineer in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Production Engineer in Lincoln, NE

I worked at kawasaki Motors Corp, USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Coworkers were excellent
    - Production Engineering management is phenomenal
    - A LOT of time off for a new graduate

Cons

- Production Engineers spend lots of time dealing with issues engineers shouldn't have to address
    - Tight budget for projects
    -Strict hours
    -Competence of production supervisors could be improved

Advice to Management

I was treated very well, so thank you! Change the scope of production engineering's work to minimize involvement in trivial problems on a day to day basis.

2. "Bad pay, long hours, dont question the top, unskilled management and execs"

I have been working at kawasaki Motors Corp, USA full-time

Pros

Cool motorcycles, jet skis, and other vehicles

Cons

I wonder why the majority of people in this site have nothing good to say about this company, besides the fun about the motorcycles and other vehicles.

Top management Irvine CA has been drowning the company for too too many years without being fired or demoted. The company constantly struggles financially, tens of millions are lost or wasted, but the blame is always pushed down the chain of command, so top management can maintain their positions of power and privilege.

Those who rise the ranks are not the bright ones, but those who do not question management, no matter how wrong they are. This environment promotes inept managers and top management that do not have the needed knowledge and mental cleverness, but they are blindly loyal to the "herd".

All this is well known by all employees, but they keep their head down and say nothing in fear of risking a promotion or being fired. But even if they get a promotion, how can you feel accomplished knowing that you got promoted (not for being bright and having the skills), but because you don't question the "herd".

Advice to Management

Leave the company or demote yourself to a non-managerial role, so Kawasaki can prosper. But of course they will not, because they have brainwashed themselves to avoid feeling ashamed of who they are.

3. "team member"

Former Employee - Team Member in Maryville, MO
    Former Employee - Team Member in Maryville, MO

Pros

employees are very nice and helpfull.pay was good,insurance good.

Cons

management didn't care about their employees esp the ones that have spent many years there and have some health issues.They are talk loyalty but it has to be loalty to them not their employees.

Advice to Management

treat your employees better and actually make them feel like they are cared for,don't keep telling them half truths about things.

4. "Your just a number they use and abuse"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Maryville, MO

I have been working at kawasaki Motors Corp, USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Employs alot of people and that is just about it. Everyone is there for the paycheck wish i had more good to say about it

Cons

Poor management every one that is at the top got there through the good 'ol boy system or with dirty knees

Advice to Management

If you payed people as much as you ask from them then moral and quality would rise

5. "Factory work"

Former Employee - Technician in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Technician in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Pay is good if your hired on

Cons

cant miss a day or you'll be fired.

Advice to Management

hang in there

"Nice company, good benefits, employees not so."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, MO

I have been working at kawasaki Motors Corp, USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company have helped a lot and has great benefits and great wage, HR really helps in the needs, you get travel to anywhere during vacations, you get an average of three weeks off per year, and the Health Insurance is one of the best. I had the opportunity to work in different departments and shifts. Lot of experience and knowledge to acquire.

They are considerate when is about your life with family and the holidays, some supervisors and foremen are great and if you ask them they can support you in your needs.

Cons

I am not a local (Maryville, MO), so most of the employees know themselves from High School or before, and they don't accept easily to new people out of town. In my case, due to personal reasons not related to job I did some mistakes I shouldn't have done and did a commitment to start again by myself right, however I see the co workers don't forget the past and I get a cold treatment and bad references against me that blocked any possibility to grow inside my job, but if I was a local then they would forgive me.

They don't care about you so if you are an outsider get ready to do everything by your own, unless your are "cool" don't expect nothing, many many gossips that at the end affect the integrity of the people. They still think they are in High School.

People not deserving get better jobs and the ones that truly deserve never grow, management and now "new" management have become horrible instead of making good to the production. only thing they do while "watching" is to point the ones not doing good job, so they start blaming in chain from Foreman to the laborer that actually is the affected regardless if he did a good job or no.

Unfortunately I am unable to speak directly since I know they will be on their side and none with me, there's lot of indifference and they are selfish with themselves. Hope the CEO can read it and act knowing the Japanese are really good employers.

I managed to stay in job by thinking in myself and focus in my work, there's people at home that matter and they count in me and I don't think I will give up because of them and myself, there's nobody to prove actually.

Advice to Management

Kawasaki is a great company with lots of future but the new management is making the things worse than should be, in comparison with many years ago the people now are unhappy and really stressed, that's not the Kawasaki I used to know, I am not asking to be as it was before but improve to be best and considerate. Also I suggest to the management to encourage respect to the employees.

"Safety administrative"

Former Employee - Human Resources Training Clerk in Cordele, GA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Training Clerk in Cordele, GA

I worked at kawasaki Motors Corp, USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ppl and work environment are great. Everyone is nice.

Cons

Some employees are truly underprivileged!

"Maintenance Weekend 3rd Shift"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Maryville, MO

I have been working at kawasaki Motors Corp, USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great consistent pay & benefits, opportunity to earn raises, a lot of time off for holidays, bonuses, fun company gatherings with free tickets and meal for self and family members (Royals game, Worlds of Fun, etc), family oriented

Cons

Sometimes demanding and challenging, takes many years to become confident in position, tiring, weekend shift can be tough

"Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Horrible work environment coupled with incompetent Executives from outside the power sports industries. Not a place to someone looking for career advancement.

Cons

Make cool bikes behind the curve on Side x Sides

"Very outdated, with little respect to employees"

Current Employee - Employee in Maryville, MO
    Current Employee - Employee in Maryville, MO

I have been working at kawasaki Motors Corp, USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No experience necessary, any sort of degree will do. They don't expect anything out of you, since it's always been done this way so why change it.

Cons

Everything is very outdated. E-Kanban still hasn't been introduced. Facility is gross. Floor Tiles missing in engineering office. Don't expect any training other then "on the job". Company doesn't care for employees, haven't even had a Christmas party since starting. Turnover rate around 11%.

Advice to Management

Do research into top 25 best places to work companies. Get rid of some of the office people, they clearly aren't helping