kgb Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
kgb Chairman and CEO Robert A. Pines
Robert A. Pines

Pros
  • You can work from home and earn a competitive salary at the same time (Around P 2000- 10 (in 5 reviews)

• Good people, Good work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I would definitely say that the restrictions on the call center floor are ridiculous but understandable considering the clients privacy (in 8 reviews)

"Sucks.. really no other way to express my feelings"

I worked at kgb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay with Good Bonus structure. That is about all I can say in terms of Pros. Goes downhill from here.

Cons

Crazy workload. Heavily understaffed. Really no culture. Dirty office. Lack of trust. Micro management.
    Zero effort to build teams and boost employee morale.
    Don't expect employees to deliver a miracle on a shoe string budget.
    Have a good HR leader to bring about a change in culture. Current CPO acts childish and lacks maturity (just big words in his signature, but no actions whatsoever).

Advice to Management

Some of your brands are dying and you know that very well. Be clear on what you guys want to do as a company instead of experimenting a new business every 3 months.
    By far the worst place I have ever worked at. *Shudder*

"Teenager environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at kgb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked the benefits. I like that it wasn't too hard to move up because they do hire from within.

Cons

They hire anyone from within to be a supervisor. This is horrible because I feel most supervisors there don't even know what they are doing. Rude teenagers to be my supervisor!? No thanks. It always felt like highschool there. No job security. When the project ends with the contract kgb has signed then they look for any reason to fire you. Favoritism to the fullest. You will be treated like a child and your sup will question your every move. KGB wants you glued to your headset. You have to share a desk with some random Co worker because the desks are not assigned. Forget about putting family pictures up. Yes you will work every Saturday. The pay here is very low. Smokers all around the entrance so be prepared to smell like death when you walk to and from your car for lunch.

Advice to Management

Treat adults like adults. If you see they are trustworthy then trust them. Work with people's schedules. Employees are not just a number...we have families too. Give us a Saturday off once in a while.This call center is old and filthy...hire someone to do some deep cleaning I got tired of smelling dust. It was always hard to breath here with all the dust.

"Manic"

Current Employee - ITO in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - ITO in Houston, TX

I have been working at kgb full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None, I'm getting out of this asylum. I've never witnessed such behavior by leadership.

Cons

Compensation is low
    Communication style is screaming profanity. Leadership fires on a whim, despite moving your family across the country to join the firm.
    Leadership demands excellence, but displays amateur and childish tactics.

Advice to Management

Grow up!

"Tacky, unprofessional and disgusting place to work"

I worked at kgb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One pro is that you might get lucky and meet a like minded person who also feels that this place is awful, and you will make a good friend. Also Chik-Fil-A comes every Friday and sells food in the break room downstairs.

Cons

Where to start... I'll address the word "disgusting" in my review title. The place looks like it's had the same carpeting for about 25 years. There are gigantic, nasty stains EVERYWHERE. Also there is paint peeling off the walls in some areas of the building. I saw another review that said "bring Lysol" with you to work, that's actually not a bad idea.
    On to work equipment. Every single desk chair in the place is broken in some way, shape or form, that is no exaggeration. If you are a tall person, good luck, because you might get stuck with a chair that is about 10 inches off the ground. The backs of the chairs just fly backwards, there is no back support at all. The computers are very outdated also. The computer that I had in the training classroom sounded like it was going to blow up at any moment.
    The training itself. All trainers at this place are different of course and will have different teaching styles. The trainer I had was a nice person, but I feel as though he was trying too hard to be a nice guy and not actually focus on teaching. He made friends with several guys in the class and in the middle of class, they would just start talking about random things, (some subjects very inappropriate at that). Everyone else in the class would just be sitting there like, "What are we doing?" A lot of the "teaching" was the trainer just reading boring statements verbatim from PDFs that we would follow along with. You must pass a test every two weeks. The test will be on what you "learned". You get two chances to pass, if you fail a 2nd time, they fire you. After every test we took, the average was about half the class failing on the first try. Not everyone is just an idiot, it was the training being completely subpar, that's why people were failing. We are not allowed to take any notes home and study, (per Verizon rules).
    Also, they promised a $150 gas subsidy to us because we would be "work at home" agents. They did not tell us that it would be split up into 2 payments and that we would get $75 after passing the first two tests and $75 after passing the last test. We found that out in week 2 of training. Such wonderful news that was.
    If you are training to be a Work At Home agent, keep in mind that you will be 100% responsible to purchase all of their REQUIRED equipment. They require an expensive web cam that can do a 360 degree scan of your work area at home. Why? Because you can have no open doors, no windows that are uncovered and nobody in the room with you. Also, no writing materials are allowed at your desk at all. Everything must be hard wired. Those nice wireless mice or keyboards? Nope, can't use those. If you only have a cell phone, get ready to pay another bill because you must have a home phone line to work from home.
    Thinking of just working in the building? There are employees who currently work in the building, not from home, who say that some days there aren't even enough work stations to sit at! People are just standing around, waiting for a long time, unable to work! That is unacceptable! Also be prepared to use about 15 different programs for troubleshooting. Almost all of them slow and not user friendly.
    Also, if you have a decent education behind you, or you have had some pretty good jobs in the past, I can tell you that this is NOT the place for you. You will want to leave after day one. The pay is BAD. It's $9 an hour for training and if you are a work from home agent, it goes to $10 once training is over. They try to lure you in with visions of "bonuses". You have to meet certain requirements on every call to get those bonuses. Good luck with that.
    A lot of the people you see in this place look super depressed and like they can't stand being there. The only people who look somewhat happy, look like people who are straight out of high school and they just do not know any better. There are so many immature people there it is ridiculous. Again, if you are used to any kind of professional environment, DO NOT WORK HERE.
    This was a last resort job for me and it may be for you as well. If you have ANY other options, please try those first. You will not be happy here, I assure you.

Advice to Management

Please pay attention to how your trainers are teaching their classes. Also, update your equipment and get new carpeting. If you expect a lot out of your employees, actually compensate them properly.

"Terrible Company"

I worked at kgb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good as well as quarterly bonuses

Cons

1) Zero work life balance
    2) Fire faster than any company I know
    3) No sense of team at all. Lots of finger pointing, especially in management ranks
    4) Deferred Comp plan vesting is 5+ years
    5) Management will not listen to any process improvement or new ideas. If you speak up, they will tell you to pack up

Advice to Management

Reality check time for senior management. There is so much turnover that the entire management team needs to change. The culture is like an ibank, except you are not even close to the level of talent or even in the same business.

"A Really bad place very dishonest"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Pharmacy in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Pharmacy in Lubbock, TX

I worked at kgb part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medical Very EAsy to get hired

Cons

They will do a mass hring starting around Sept to to work the busy months Jan and Feb, then will find a reason to get rid of you (they do not need people after that. The turn over is out of this world, I mean I havenever seen anything like it. It has to be 90% new every three months. Never been treated with such dis respect. Huge drug problem (bought and sold)

Advice to Management

They would never listen to an employee anyway. They really treat people bad, Need to have upper Management take a real look at the local level.You get what you pay for, and you it starts at 7.75 / hour

"Meh"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Help Desk in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Help Desk in Lubbock, TX

Pros

The Health Benefits are very good but that's about it.

Cons

McDonalds of call centers. Horrible pay for level of responsibility. Max pay is 9.00 after 90 days no higher. Senior Management makes .50 more an hour.
     Sweatshop with extremely tight rules and no leeway. If you're late 1 minute, it's an automatic writeup. 3 offenses and you're fired. They hire enormous amounts of people with a turnover rate of 80-85 percent within the first 6 months. No drug testing--employees are high and drunk at work. Feels like a daycare.

Advice to Management

You don't care about your good employees-thus they go other places to work and you're stuck with low level, uneducated and illiterate agents handling prescription overrides for doctors? You will eventually lose your contract when word spreads and the hiring pool goes dry.

8. "Only work there if desperate, it is a Temp job at best in Lubbock"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lubbock, TX

Pros

Good Medical (if you can hang in there 90 days)

Cons

VERY VERY high turnover, and the pay is was lower than other call centers. Atmosphere is negative and depressing, You should only count on this as a temp job if you are desperate enough to work there.

Advice to Management

If the spenf on the revolving door of training new people non stop was spent on keeping the employees you have, you would save money on training, and improve qualiity.

"A Last Resort Job"

Current Employee - Information Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Information Specialist in San Antonio, TX

Pros

At this job, you have the opportunity to make more than minimum wage after 90 days. Depending on your call time (close average call under 30 seconds) and 100 % quality score (a silent monitor of usually 10 calls) per week, you can earn bonuses. Usually works well with student schedules. Decent health care benefits. Dress is mainly casual.

Cons

As of August 2010, the company has required every employee to do a shift bid. This may be a hassle for single parents, bus riders and students who depend on a flexible work schedule. Depending on your ranking in the company (compliance with quality, call time, attendence), employees will be assigned a schedule (most likely) different from their current. Employees must choose from over 200 schedules and must rank the ones best suited to their needs. No schedule they choose, including the top one, is guaranteed. The company no longer offers great incentives for employees. Requesting time off is a hassle, even done several months in advance. Attendance is strict. To clock in a minute late counts as the same occurence for "calling in". Literally, no sick days like other major companies. Even with a doctor's note, you get an occurence. No yearly raises for employees (both management and CSR). Veterans feel unappreciated after working for years at the same pay. Not a place to work if you are looking for long term opportunity and growth. This year all the U.S. quality call centers were outsourced to the Phillipines. KGB has also frozen tuition reimbursement until further notice.

Advice to Management

Show your vets (particularly the ones who have been with the company over ten years) how much you appreciate them by at least paying them yearly raises. After all, they may be forced to quit and find jobs that will pay more per hour. Add "sick days" like most large corporations instead of punishing employees for being sick (due to them having no sick days and having to call in). Value your employees by addressing their main concern. The company needs consistency and growth.

"Don't bother."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

Pros

It is very fast paced.

Cons

The management is a joke, they can't do the job of the people they "manage". Time off is almost impossible to get, even when you've earned it. Quality standards should be the same for everyone, what will get you an excellence report from one quality specialist gets you an incident report from another. Quality specialists in the phillipines specifically don't know what they're doing, but somehow are in control of people's paychecks.

Advice to Management

Sick time would have been nice to offer at some point. A doctor's note shouldn't equal an occurance and shouldn't stop you from bonusing. Do something to improve morale! Nobody at the call center I worked at (with the exception of maybe 5 people) were proud to say where they worked. Fair treatment would be nice. The place was entirely too much like high school as far as some management were the "cool kids" and took a liking to certain CSRs who could get away with anything, while others would get in trouble for the same thing. $5 gas cards are worthless.