kgb Reviews | Glassdoor

kgb Reviews

Updated June 3, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • You can work from home and earn a competitive salary at the same time (Around P 2000- 10 (in 5 reviews)

• Good people, Good work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I would definitely say that the restrictions on the call center floor are ridiculous but understandable considering the clients privacy (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at kgb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were on par with industry. The environment was overall very supportive and I loved my co-workers. It was definitely a team environment where I worked in the IT division. There is also a very good work/life balance.

Cons

The pay scale was a bit low compared to the rest of the industry. Sometimes the direction of the company lacked focus and priorities would shift often resulting in wasted effort and lost opportunities.

Advice to Management

Allow people to do the jobs you hired them for and try to see more initiatives to fruition so you can reap the rewards.

2. "Low Morale"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at kgb full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PTO policy is very good. Benefits are expensive but mostly due to Obamacare. The people we work with daily (non-management) are great. Everyone is willing to jump in and help if there is a need regardless of who's job it is.

Cons

Building condition is sub-par. Salaries are not to par as annual increases are less than the annual increase in the cost of living. HR treats us like we are in adult daycare. Communication on things that directly impact the employees is horrible. There is no opportunities for employee growth. Work-life balance is not cared about. Feeling is that the company is trying to make working conditions so bad that employees quit so they don't have to pay any severance. There is a concern with the future of our care business as we only see any new business out of 1 or 2 sales people.

Advice to Management

Address the Cons listed above and consider how you can make this place a better place to work.

"Fast pace, constant change"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at kgb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It can be exciting how quickly things happen, fair wages & benefits packages, likable coworkers. I had fun working here, and you can see that lower management tries with what they have to work with.

Cons

High pressure to perform to unrealistic deadlines, overtime is the norm. Constant change is intolerable to some, unsettling to most. High turn over - a lot of internal expertise is lost through employee attrition. Some of the executives believe yelling at people is an effective motivator.

Advice to Management

Communication needs improvement. Lack of formal/official communication leads to gossip and information that be confidential becomes common knowledge.

4. "steady paycheck not much else to offer"

Former Employee - Wireless Care Representative in McClellanville, SC
    Former Employee - Wireless Care Representative in McClellanville, SC

I worked at kgb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

paid on time, gatherings events, pay was ok, great people to meet, good training and easy job, little edu to ge the job

Cons

breaks can be altered due to calls, no vacation time, underqualified people for all positions, and not much room for advancement, would recommend if u r desperate

"Tacky, unprofessional and disgusting place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at kgb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One pro is that you might get lucky and meet a like minded person who also feels that this place is awful, and you will make a good friend. Also Chik-Fil-A comes every Friday and sells food in the break room downstairs.

Cons

Where to start... I'll address the word "disgusting" in my review title. The place looks like it's had the same carpeting for about 25 years. There are gigantic, nasty stains EVERYWHERE. Also there is paint peeling off the walls in some areas of the building. I saw another review that said "bring Lysol" with you to work, that's actually not a bad idea.
    On to work equipment. Every single desk chair in the place is broken in some way, shape or form, that is no exaggeration. If you are a tall person, good luck, because you might get stuck with a chair that is about 10 inches off the ground. The backs of the chairs just fly backwards, there is no back support at all. The computers are very outdated also. The computer that I had in the training classroom sounded like it was going to blow up at any moment.
    The training itself. All trainers at this place are different of course and will have different teaching styles. The trainer I had was a nice person, but I feel as though he was trying too hard to be a nice guy and not actually focus on teaching. He made friends with several guys in the class and in the middle of class, they would just start talking about random things, (some subjects very inappropriate at that). Everyone else in the class would just be sitting there like, "What are we doing?" A lot of the "teaching" was the trainer just reading boring statements verbatim from PDFs that we would follow along with. You must pass a test every two weeks. The test will be on what you "learned". You get two chances to pass, if you fail a 2nd time, they fire you. After every test we took, the average was about half the class failing on the first try. Not everyone is just an idiot, it was the training being completely subpar, that's why people were failing. We are not allowed to take any notes home and study, (per Verizon rules).
    Also, they promised a $150 gas subsidy to us because we would be "work at home" agents. They did not tell us that it would be split up into 2 payments and that we would get $75 after passing the first two tests and $75 after passing the last test. We found that out in week 2 of training. Such wonderful news that was.
    If you are training to be a Work At Home agent, keep in mind that you will be 100% responsible to purchase all of their REQUIRED equipment. They require an expensive web cam that can do a 360 degree scan of your work area at home. Why? Because you can have no open doors, no windows that are uncovered and nobody in the room with you. Also, no writing materials are allowed at your desk at all. Everything must be hard wired. Those nice wireless mice or keyboards? Nope, can't use those. If you only have a cell phone, get ready to pay another bill because you must have a home phone line to work from home.
    Thinking of just working in the building? There are employees who currently work in the building, not from home, who say that some days there aren't even enough work stations to sit at! People are just standing around, waiting for a long time, unable to work! That is unacceptable! Also be prepared to use about 15 different programs for troubleshooting. Almost all of them slow and not user friendly.
    Also, if you have a decent education behind you, or you have had some pretty good jobs in the past, I can tell you that this is NOT the place for you. You will want to leave after day one. The pay is BAD. It's $9 an hour for training and if you are a work from home agent, it goes to $10 once training is over. They try to lure you in with visions of "bonuses". You have to meet certain requirements on every call to get those bonuses. Good luck with that.
    A lot of the people you see in this place look super depressed and like they can't stand being there. The only people who look somewhat happy, look like people who are straight out of high school and they just do not know any better. There are so many immature people there it is ridiculous. Again, if you are used to any kind of professional environment, DO NOT WORK HERE.
    This was a last resort job for me and it may be for you as well. If you have ANY other options, please try those first. You will not be happy here, I assure you.

Advice to Management

Please pay attention to how your trainers are teaching their classes. Also, update your equipment and get new carpeting. If you expect a lot out of your employees, actually compensate them properly.

6. "Friendly, but very restricted work environment."

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative II in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative II in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at kgb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have very flexible shifts, also they have some very good chances to bonus or get "prizes" every week. 3 TV's on the floor that on the weekend they allow to be used for video games, movies, or just to watch some television.

Cons

I would definitely say that the restrictions on the call center floor are ridiculous but understandable considering the clients privacy. Also the supervisors could really use a little tightening up when it comes to coaching and making sure that their agents are performing as expected.

Advice to Management

Look more into opening up the restrictions on the floor and maybe allow for more coaching there are lots of questions that I have that my supervisor has not been able to get back to me on because they are slammed with other work.

"Make this a temp job. DO NOT stay here long term!"

Current Employee - Tech Support in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Tech Support in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at kgb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only two good things that can be said of this place is that they offer you benefits and they pay above minimum wage.

Cons

The pay for tech support is lower than any other company I have come across. Be forewarned that if you work from home your base pay will always be lower than someone who works in the call center; yet both of you will take the same exact calls and have the same responsibilities.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to see management's behavior reflect what can be found in the management "responsibilities" section of their own internal job postings.

8. "A means to an end"

Former Employee - Customer Service in McLeansville, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service in McLeansville, NC

I worked at kgb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent medical benefits that's it

Cons

Horrible turnover rate and work conditions

Advice to Management

Figure out how to retain quality employees without stressing them out

9. "Stagnant mobility, but great people to work with. Mostly understanding management, but good place to work overall."

Current Employee - Specialty Customer Service Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Specialty Customer Service Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at kgb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, clean environment, and close to home.

Cons

Mobility; pay raises stopped; tuition reimbursement stopped;

Advice to Management

Reinstate yearly pay raises relevant to COL standards.

10. "Good job"

Former Employee - Team Manager in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Wichita, KS

I worked at kgb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very fast work day - calls are fast and makes time go quickly
    Flexible schedule
    Good management team
    Part time and full time work

Cons

Pay is very low
    Benefits could be better
    Call Center Closed in my city
    You are graded on a lot of metrics
    You can take up to 1000 calls a day

Advice to Management

Just pay your employees better they might stay longer.