KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Pay is good and the bonuses that are given for the work you complete is worth it.(in 99 reviews)
  • "There is very little micro management which is great!(in 85 reviews)
  • "The company stride to be the leading direct lending company built on great customer service and culture for their employees(in 82 reviews)
  • "Great benefits for medical and dental(in 81 reviews)
  • "They offer great training and will pay for licensing(in 71 reviews)
Cons
  • "You will have no work life balance and also can be let go very quickly.(in 83 reviews)
  • "Long hours to be successful and most clients have not heard of us so we need to build the brand name with clients.(in 79 reviews)
  • "If you have a good manager, stay until you can no longer rise in the ranks.(in 42 reviews)
  • "Working long hours.(in 42 reviews)
  • "Certain bankers who are relatives or close friends of upper management (and yes, it helps if you are young, female, and flashy) tend to get their own dedicated processor, and all the best leads regardless of talent or production efficiency.(in 30 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of loanDepot and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Mortgage loan officer

May 13, 2022 - Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in Albuquerque, NM
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Easy to get leads if you work hard

Cons

Stressful but rewarding. Need to create a structured plan by yourself

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Remote is great

May 11, 2022 - Mortgage Underwriter in Lake Forest, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management and overall team

Cons

Great pay and good benefits

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on having some of the best leadership and team members in the business. We appreciate you sharing this insight with others and wish you continued success with the organization.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

LAID OFF DUE TO MARKET

May 10, 2022 - Senior Underwriter III in Roseville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

PEOPLE that I worked with BENEFITS for insurance PAY REMOTE OPERATIONS

Cons

Promoting inexperienced people underqualified management favoritisms lack of Q.C. prior to funding doing high risk loans

Continue reading

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback and for your years of loyalty. We value your insight and appreciate you sharing some of the perks of being a part of loanDepot. We are always looking to improve and will be sure to share your comments with leadership. For further conversation, we are here: wecare@loandepot.com.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Recruiting

May 8, 2022 - Scrum Master
    Business Outlook

Pros

My information was passed to recruiting from a contact, and I received a call within an hour to chat and discuss if I would be interested in the open roles. When my recruiter, JR, said he would contact me with an update, he was on top of things. After each round of interviews he checked in to see my interest and thoughts and also shared the feedback from the interviewers, which was helpful for me to grow. Since I've started, I've jumped into the deep end. My group is extremely busy, but not in any way that is unmanageable. My leadership chain consistently checks in to make sure that we are not overworking ourselves, and they are not asking where I feel like I'm being judged for not doing enough. The work we're doing is exciting to see coming together and the energy and culture of the department is great. So far, I've already been given free to me training for one certification with the promist of another when there are more people to form a class. These are making me both better at my role and more marketable in the future - with encouragement to add to our LinkedIn profiles and resumes given.

Cons

My department is fairly new and just getting ramped up, so the new hire training is a little less than I would have liked. The learning curve has been a little steep, and while I'm ok with learning on the fly and asking lots of questions, not everyone will be. I miss my Snaggit tool :D

Continue reading
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Nice company and team

May 8, 2022 - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really like my current team

Cons

nothing cons i can think about

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

May 9, 2022 - Loan Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great way to get foot in the door

Cons

Long hours, costs are high

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Place to get started in the Mortgage Industry

May 9, 2022 - Loan Officer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training Great technology Great earning potential if you meet expectations

Cons

Long hours micro-managing Loan production is their top priority Weekend shifts

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our technology, training and competitive earning potential and appreciate you sharing this insight with others. We are always looking to improve and will be sure to share your comments with leadership. For further conversation, we are here: wecare@loandepot.com.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

May 8, 2022 - Loan Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and great management team.

Cons

Recent change in pay structure

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Gs Supervisor review

May 8, 2022 - Guest Service Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing understanding bosses Get to watch the ballgame at times

Cons

$6 lunches 20 min breaks Low pay

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Morgage company

May 7, 2022 - Senior Mortgage Banker At LoanDepot in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good money, good people to stay in the industry

Cons

Lots of work but good pay

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,794 Reviews

loanDepot Reviews FAQs

loanDepot has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 1,811 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at loanDepot to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, loanDepot employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at loanDepot. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

61% of loanDepot employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated loanDepot 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at loanDepot to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with loanDepot Job Seekers