loanDepot Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
loanDepot Founder and CEO Anthony Hsieh
Anthony Hsieh

Pros
  • Loan Depot is the 2nd largest non banking institution in the Nation and has grown exponentially within 7 years (in 37 reviews)

• This work environment allows you to win and compete (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is the biggest challenge with this position (in 32 reviews)

• If you don't like working long hours or Saturdays, loanDepot isn't for you (in 48 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing management and corporate culture"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at loanDepot (Less than a year)

Pros

Simply a fantastic company to work for. Its the corporate culture and management that make it a great place to work. I highly recommend the ACES program. The program gives you the tools necessary to be a successful mortgage banker. I have now been on the sales floor for over 1 month have done very well due to the support by ACES and the management. I highly recommend Loan Depot and the Mortgage Banker position.

Cons

This position requires a lot of time and dedication; however, if you're willing to put in the work, you will see the fruits of your labor ($$$)!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You're very supportive, helpful, and motivating.

loanDepot Response

Nov 23, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear of your success here at loanDepot. ACES is an intense training program that teaches you mortgage from the ground up, once you graduate, the sky is ... More

2. "if you want a work only life and lot of $$ this is your place"

Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in Nashville, TN

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great company and learning environment. they will teach you through their ACES program how to be a mortgage banker and pay you $8 and then commissions. you HAVE to want to work 60 hours a week. if not, don't even bother

Cons

long working hours and perform very well every month

Advice to Management

great work and loan depot is the best!

"Great place to work and still growing"

Current Employee - Executive Licensed Lending Officer in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Executive Licensed Lending Officer in Franklin, TN

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its great to work for a company that no only looks out for its employees from a financial standpoint but truly believes that a work life balance is important. I have worked in the mortgage industry for years, been employed with top companies and loanDepot has set itself apart from each one. Knowing that an employer truly understands that having a life outside of the office is key to succeeding within the office is truly impressive.

Cons

From the overall business model and treatment of its employees, I don't have any cons regarding the company. loanDepot is still growing and I like what I am seeing down the road.

Advice to Management

Management embodies the concept that each employee is different and each employee needs to be managed/motivated in their own way. Understanding people true level is something that allows management to succeed and that attitude is contagious.

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Education, Management, Work environment, Technology, Perks, Perfect Saturday shift for making extra money, Secured buildings, Townhall meetings, loanDepot University, loanDepot Swag!

Cons

You make your own... It truly is about having the right attitude, Body language, and being "All In!" No time for negativity here.

Advice to Management

Management has been great! I have some previous experience in the industry and I've been humbled. The training environment by far is the best I've been apart of. Interacting with the group as you learn is a definite plus and kept me going throughout the ACES program. They show you the ropes, and take the time to help with anything you need. There's an investment on your end from a time standpoint, but you will be rewarded for your efforts! I don't know it all by any means and just having access to all the tools & management you need is helping me gain an edge. Thanks again loanDepot, looking forward to furthering my career here!

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training programs. Aces program leads to success. Trips and contests creates fun. Diversity and value throughout. Positive branding. If you are positive and are coach able this is the place for you.

Cons

Long hours but leads to unlimited income This review wants us to post 20 words for con I just can't think of any

Advice to Management

Continue education and town hall meetings great motivators.

"Best OPPORTUNITY I've had"

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Income potential, Challenging Environment - Be prepared to push yourself harder than you ever have!, Team friendly atmosphere

Cons

Some people might complain about the hours, but I've always believed in working hard now to gain freedom later.

"ACES Program"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Plano, TX

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity if you are willing to put in the work. Great benefits, paid training, and the opportunity to make a great living that can change your life, but you have to be willing to work hard and for long hours.

Cons

The cons depend on whatever your definition of Con is. At the end of the day if you aren't willing to work hard and put in the time to succeed this job is not for you.

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid training, awesome culture, really helpful and supportive co-workers and management. Working at LoanDepot really feels like you are part of a team that believes all ships rise with the tide.

Cons

Hours can be brutal sometimes, but its really in your own best interest...the more you work the more you make.

Advice to Management

The ACES LLO program seems to be pretty dialed in, keep doing what your doing.

"Great Culture and Environment"

Current Employee - Licensed Lending Officer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Licensed Lending Officer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

since day one, any person I've talked to , or with around the office no matter how tenured or position is always eager and happy to help with anything you need. Everyone's here to be successful and helping each other get there.

Cons

I wouldn't say I have any cons with the company in it self.

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing, helping us grow and learn more. willingness to help

"I couldn't be happier with my decision to take the opportunity with the Aces Program."

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LoanDepot is the most supportive environment I have worked in. Every single person wants you to succeed. The energy is contagious.

Cons

I do not have any cons to list, but if you are not willing give everything you have every day, don't bother.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.