loanDepot Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
loanDepot Founder and CEO Anthony Hsieh
Anthony Hsieh

Pros
  • Loan Depot is the 2nd largest non banking institution in the Nation and has grown exponentially within 7 years (in 36 reviews)

• This company is not only a great work environment, but I consider them family (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is the biggest challenge with this position (in 33 reviews)

• If you don't like working long hours or Saturdays, loanDepot isn't for you (in 51 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing management and corporate culture"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at loanDepot (Less than a year)

Pros

Simply a fantastic company to work for. Its the corporate culture and management that make it a great place to work. I highly recommend the ACES program. The program gives you the tools necessary to be a successful mortgage banker. I have now been on the sales floor for over 1 month have done very well due to the support by ACES and the management. I highly recommend Loan Depot and the Mortgage Banker position.

Cons

This position requires a lot of time and dedication; however, if you're willing to put in the work, you will see the fruits of your labor ($$$)!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You're very supportive, helpful, and motivating.

Nov 23, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear of your success here at loanDepot. ACES is an intense training program that teaches you mortgage from the ground up, once you graduate, the sky is ... More

2. "Great company with great people"

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and ability to do other things in the company

Cons

Many people working long hours

Advice to Management

Work-life balance is important

Sep 6, 2013 – VP Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience as an employee at loanDepot. We appreciate your feedback! At loanDepot one of our Core Values is “Taking Care of Our People” and we ... More

"Current employee"

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leads. Strong management team that is forward thinking and VERY open with current and future plans.

Cons

You work hard. No question about that. But tell me a job that you can make $20k+ per month consistantly that you dont work hard? $180,000-$240,000+ a year isnt much of a con...

Advice to Management

Keep it up and thanks for the opportunity to work hard for the next few years and set up the rest of my life financially!

Sep 6, 2013 – VP Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience as an employee at loanDepot. We appreciate your feedback! We appreciate your kind words about our management team, they are pretty ... More

5. "ALL IN Employee!"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent culture! loanDepot is an all around solid company. I have been here for 3 years and couldn't be happier! My colleagues are great, I have a lot of fun at work and more important the management team is suportive and always has time for us! And it doesn't hurt to say that we make good money!

Cons

As with most companies in the mortgage industry, capacity has been a bit of an issue over
    the last few months due to such an incredible market and so many people refinancing. But we rose up to the challenge and have addressed these issues by hiring more quality people.

Advice to Management

I would just say "keep doing what you are doing"!

Sep 6, 2013 – VP Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience as an employee at loanDepot. We appreciate your feedback! We are so glad you've made loanDepot your "home" and thank you for your ... More

6. "outstanding customer service and very healthy and professional work enviornment."

Current Employee - Call Center in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center in Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is very involved with employees. There are excellent rewards for doing well in specific positions. Very easy to attain information about the company on the website and everyone is very hands on and helpful when help is needed.

Cons

There are no cons for working at loanDepot.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and thank you for being so helpful and honest.

Sep 6, 2013 – VP Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience as an employee at loanDepot. We appreciate your feedback! Our All In Rewards are very popular as are our monthly contests and ... More

7. "Thankful for such an amazing opportunity to be an employee and work for Anthony Hsieh"

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They promote from within and genuinely care for their employees. I started here as an employee working in the call center. With no mortgage experience, they promoted me, educated me, and gave me an opportunity of a lifetime. I am now a Senior Mortgage Banker loving my job and making great money. We receive so much support from management on a daily basis. I love the people that I work with and for which is extremely important to me. I can't wait to see this company grow even larger and more successful.

Cons

Yes, the hours can be long, but so are our paychecks. It's worth it in this economy to be able to provide for our families as well as we do by working here.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity and employing so many people during this economic crisis. Keep up the good work as I plan to be here for quite some time.

Sep 6, 2013 – VP Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience as an employee at loanDepot. We appreciate your feedback! We strive to always promote from within, where applicable and thankfully we ... More

"Senior Mortgage Banker in Scottsdale AZ"

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was pretty hesitant coming over in April, I had heard about the comp plan but it was so far from other plans being offered in the valley I was skeptical. Since I've joined it's been an amazing experience. The management team is exceptional; they're transparent with what's going on now, what the plans are for building out in the coming years and positioning for when the market changes. The pay is nothing short of ridiculous, plenty of bankers earning well over $20k monthly with no signs of slowing down. Over the six months I've been here lead quality has actually improved drastically and the average # of loans closed per banker has increased significantly. We're growing like crazy and everyone in this place is literally smiling all the time. I've never been a 'company guy', but I've bought into loanDepot, drank the KoolAid and I couldn't be happier.

Cons

Wish I had some covered parking, and would love to see some kind of stock options, although the company isn't publicly traded. We work HARD. It's long hours, but with rates this low I don't mind spending extra time here. We don't all come in early and/or work late because they make us do it or expect us to, it's because the bankers and processors here are the best around and are self- (and money-) motivated.

Advice to Management

Advice, seriously? You guys rock. Keep up the great work and thank you so much for the opportunity. I couldn't be happier and hope we keep the culture intact as we grow. Cheers!

Sep 6, 2013 – VP Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience as an employee at loanDepot. We appreciate your feedback! We are so glad you "drank the kool-aid", I can relate! We are always ... More

"Loandepot.com...The Best in Class Mortgage Company !"

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at Loandepot.com because I can offer a "true/real" legit product to my clients which will benefit them plus we will be able to deliver on time as promised and with confidence.
    The "culture" here at Loandepot.com is so postive. From department to department there are always kind words. We all have the "all in" attitude with-out a doubt as issue's or problems are solved together in a positive light. I really truly feel like I work at the best mortgage company! Our CEO has always been open about our future plans and has delivered on his word. Management within the orginization truly has "your back" and gives the best in class support to help you succeed here at Loandepot.com. I would recommend this company to any one who would like a solid career in the Mortgage Industry with a solid company!

Cons

I don't have any "cons" for this company.

Sep 6, 2013 – VP Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience as an employee at loanDepot. We appreciate your feedback! It's exciting to read that you are confident in our products and therefore ... More

"Great place to work."

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is amazing here. They give you the tools you need to do your job well. They are always doing things to award us for what we do. THey are always willing to listen to ideas we have.

Cons

A few more parking spots.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Sep 6, 2013 – VP Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience as an employee at loanDepot. We appreciate your feedback! It's so great to read about our fantastic management and leadership team. We ... More

"Exceeds Expectations"

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

loanDepot puts the comfort and success of their employees first. Satisfied employees leads to satisfied customers. Pay rates are competitive and there is a transparency about the company that is comforting.

Cons

The Recruiting Department needs some improvement. They encourage employee referrals yet they don't place those referrals in the best fit positions. There has been a loss of talent due to the misplaced interviews set for those that are over qualified for positions.

Sep 6, 2013 – VP Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience as an employee at loanDepot. We appreciate your feedback! How wonderful that you've experienced loanDepot putting the comfort and ... More