KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

loanDepot Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jan 16, 2021

Found 80 of over 1,522 reviews

3.8
loanDepot Founder and CEO Anthony Hsieh
Anthony Hsieh
1,044 Ratings
Pros
  • "flexibility, pay, growth, opportunity , Good work environment(in 56 reviews)

• "Loan Depot is Truly an amazing company to represent(in 42 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You have to work long hours to build up a pipeline if you're new(in 80 reviews)

• "work-life balance can be a little tough(in 68 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of loanDepot and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great opportunity

Dec 27, 2020 - Licensed Lending Officer in Foothill Ranch, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is where you go to work hard, grind out what you can and make life changing money.

Cons

There are not many cons...long hours

loanDepot

We are delighted to hear that your experience with loanDepot was positive. Thank you for sharing this feedback and leaving us a review!

2. 4.0

Great Company to work for as a New LO

Dec 28, 2020 - Licensed Lending Officer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

excellent training, amazing software, strong company culture, 401k match

Cons

long hours, slow processing and funding time

loanDepot

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time with loanDepot. If you would like to talk with us at all about your experience, or share more feedback, please email us at wecare@loandepot.com.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Don’t work here

Oct 17, 2020 - Platinum Licensed Loan Officer in Foothill Ranch, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Morning breakfast spread and Starbucks coffee machine.

Cons

1. Pressure. 2. Never enough and want more. 3. Long hours. 4. Anthony Hsieh expects more and does not appreciate sales team. 5. Their appreciation is as good as your last lock, and funding ratio. 6. The can’t get loans funded on time and lie about their system being the best in the industry. 7. They hide and remove all negative postings about them.

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

loanDepot and the ACES program, best in class

Business Outlook

Pros

After having been at loanDepot for just about a year, and after extensive history working for other mortgage lenders, I can say that loanDepot is without a doubt the best place to work at in the mortgage industry. Solid commission structure, world class training through the ACES program (suggested for anyone with less than 2 years in the industry, or even industry vets who could stand to lose bad habits), and the best management imaginable. Unlike many other lenders, you feel that loanDepot has a game plan not only for this month, but this year, the next, and the next decade. When rates rise, it's all too easy to look for greener pastures, and this is the first lender I've worked for where they constantly strive to improve the employee experience.

Cons

Long hours, however you are compensated with OT unlike many lenders who will only offer you a draw. After you've established a consistent pipeline, the hours are much more manageable.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent training and support

Aug 11, 2020 - Customer Lending Representative in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, many opportunists for success and advancement

Cons

Long hours, low pay, poor lead quality

3 people found this review helpful

loanDepot

We value this insight into your experience and would appreciate hearing more. Please reach out to wecare@loandepot.com so that we can schedule some time.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company if you want to win daily

Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work environment - ACES Training program, they taught me the entire exam and gave me the tools I needed to pass my SAFE exam - Pay is based out on a tier system that compensates you very well.. Very Well - Open door policy with anyone from management and they actually are there to listen to your feed back - Once on an executive officer level you can work where ever you want either from home or office - Lead flow is non stop you wont be sitting around very much depending on what kind of banker you are. If you are constantly putting in bad loans that wont fund your intake will be slowed down, but if you just do your job correctly don't try to "fluff" numbers you will have a steady non stop flow of solid leads all day. - My location in Irvine has the best management staff possible, more than half of what i've accomplished is all because the management team has your back and they will fight for you every step of the way. - Amazing health benefits and Paid time off is very easy to apply get done.

Cons

- If you are someone who wants to work 8 hours a day do not even bother coming here, this company is here to for one purpose only for both US & LoanDepot to get paid. No one leaves on the dot since the lead potential is always over flowing so it is looked down on if you do home right on the dot at 6pm. - Be expected to work long hours

6 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good

Mar 25, 2020 - Llo in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was good at the time

Cons

Long hours, slow to respond

1 person found this review helpful

loanDepot

We appreciate the honest feedback regarding your time as a member of team loanDepot. We will share your experience with management.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunity

Business Outlook

Pros

The best technology in the industry

Cons

You have to work long hours to build up a pipeline if you're new. Other than that there's no cons.

9. 2.0

Better companies out there

Nov 19, 2019 - Loan Officer in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mello Loan platform was decent.

Cons

Long hours, high pressure, poor management

4 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

We would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at wecare@loandepot.com so that we can schedule a call.

10. 4.0

fun at the time being job became tiresome after 300 calls a day

Jun 20, 2019 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

work enviroment was fun pay was decent

Cons

Long hours management breathing down your neck

4 people found this review helpful

loanDepot

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent experience with us. If you would like to talk with someone about your experience, please send us an email at wecare@loandepot.com. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 80 Reviews