KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

loanDepot Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 56 of over 1,528 reviews

3.8
loanDepot Founder and CEO Anthony Hsieh
Anthony Hsieh
1,050 Ratings
Pros
  • "flexibility, pay, growth, opportunity , Good work environment(in 56 reviews)

• "Loan Depot is Truly an amazing company to represent(in 42 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You have to work long hours to build up a pipeline if you're new(in 80 reviews)

• "work-life balance can be a little tough(in 68 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of loanDepot and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Love it

Jan 18, 2021 - IT Service Desk Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexibility, pay, growth, opportunity , Good work environment

Cons

Loan officers yell at us for everything

loanDepot

Thank you for sharing your review about loanDepot! If you would like to talk with someone about your concerns, we encourage you to email us at wecare@loandepot.com to help get the conversation started.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Mar 11, 2020 - Mortgage Underwriter in Foothill Ranch, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, positive culture

Cons

Required a lot of overtime

loanDepot

Thank you for sharing the positive experience you had as s a member of Team loanDepot. Employee satisfaction is our priority and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growth and Advancement / Direct Lending

Oct 9, 2019 - Licensed Lending Officer in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training and Development are areas of strength. Ability to run your business and determine your own success, with management support and technology to help with overburdening regulatory requirements. Ability to change your life with good income stream and management recognition. Friendly atmosphere, and community environment to make work environment fun and motivating.

Cons

Long work hours but it is only a con as you determine your own success. If you don't work hard you wont get anywhere in life but don't expect a 9-5.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

We appreciate the feedback and are glad to hear that you are having a great experience as a part of Team loanDepot. Feel free to reach out to us at wecare@loandepot.com if you'd like to discuss anything further.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company if you want to win daily

Aug 7, 2019 - Licensed Lending Officer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work environment - ACES Training program, they taught me the entire exam and gave me the tools I needed to pass my SAFE exam - Pay is based out on a tier system that compensates you very well.. Very Well - Open door policy with anyone from management and they actually are there to listen to your feed back - Once on an executive officer level you can work where ever you want either from home or office - Lead flow is non stop you wont be sitting around very much depending on what kind of banker you are. If you are constantly putting in bad loans that wont fund your intake will be slowed down, but if you just do your job correctly don't try to "fluff" numbers you will have a steady non stop flow of solid leads all day. - My location in Irvine has the best management staff possible, more than half of what i've accomplished is all because the management team has your back and they will fight for you every step of the way. - Amazing health benefits and Paid time off is very easy to apply get done.

Cons

- If you are someone who wants to work 8 hours a day do not even bother coming here, this company is here to for one purpose only for both US & LoanDepot to get paid. No one leaves on the dot since the lead potential is always over flowing so it is looked down on if you do home right on the dot at 6pm. - Be expected to work long hours

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Employees

Jan 29, 2019 - Funder in Foothill Ranch, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company had great employees here...coworkers were very helpful and nice to work with...the best I've worked with at any job. There were company paid lunches for mid month and month end when it was busy. And there were decoration contests around the holidays to make it a fun work environment.

Cons

There was a discrepancy in the information being told/taught depending on which manager trained you. The program/software used to review files and fund had frequent glitches or technical issues that slowed down the work flow/day.

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

We try to help everyone be successful and work hard to ensure people perform at their highest level. We’re sorry that loanDepot was not a good fit for you, and we wish you success in your next venture.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great management

Jan 29, 2019 - Verification Specialist in Lake Forest, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great work environment - great management - occasional over time

Cons

- dealing with angry customers a lot - bad pay

Recruiting Manager

We appreciate all comments, both positive and constructive, so thank you for taking the time to share your experience at loanDepot.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mortgage Underwriter

Dec 12, 2018 - Mortgage Underwriter in Foothill Ranch, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really don't have anything negative to say about loanDepot. In my opinion, the culture and work environment was great; everyone was friendly and approachable; including the upper management, directors and VPs. loanDepot does a great job in training their employees and keeping all involved abreast of any market and/or guideline changes that occur that may have an impact on their individual employees, various departments or company-wide as it relates to day-to-day duties and loan requirements. Their training process is in-depth and they patiently give you ample time to succeed; they will never bring you on board and then just toss you out there unprepared. They also equip their employees with the tools necessary to be successful in their roles. Additionally, they have some of the most innovative technology out their right now for prospective home loan applicants looking for a quick and easy process, which in turn makes the employees' jobs easier. Overall, I also found the managers and team leaders to be very knowledgeable, approachable, patient, and willing to go out of their way to assist their team members when the need arises. I would return to work for loanDepot in a heartbeat and the ONLY reason that I'm not their now is because they had a company-wide layoff that I, unfortunately, was included in; it wasn't personal, just the - at times - temperamental nature of the mortgage housing industry. The salaries are in-line with industry standards, and while I think that it could be a bit more competitive, I don't believe that it is at a level that should impede anyone's desire to submit a resume or application because, again, in my opinion, there's only an upside to working for LD.

Cons

I don't really have a negative comment about loanDepot as a company. I enjoyed my time there.

2 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience as an employee at loanDepot. We appreciate your honest feedback!

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Senior account manager

Dec 9, 2018 - Senior Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great compensation, friendly work environment, good training info structure

Cons

A lot of hours, management could use a little improvement

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the great feedback. One of the areas we have invested in heavily is our training programs. We are constantly evolving our programs to meet the needs of the business. loanDepot University is just one of our ongoing programs that enables to expand our training for greater impact and to provide employees access to the most current industry information.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Loan Processor

Nov 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have a good work environment

Cons

it can be stressful at times

2 people found this review helpful

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

loan officer

Nov 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly work environment, fair pay

Cons

I really cannot think of anything too bad.

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience as an employee at loanDepot. We appreciate your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 Reviews