KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

loanDepot Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 94 of over 1,528 reviews

3.8
loanDepot Founder and CEO Anthony Hsieh
Anthony Hsieh
1,050 Ratings
Pros
  • "flexibility, pay, growth, opportunity , Good work environment(in 56 reviews)

• "Loan Depot is Truly an amazing company to represent(in 42 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You have to work long hours to build up a pipeline if you're new(in 80 reviews)

• "work-life balance can be a little tough(in 68 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of loanDepot and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Jan 18, 2021 - Senior LICENSED LENDING OFFICER in Foothill Ranch, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with great culture

Cons

work-life balance can be a little tough

loanDepot

Thank you for taking the time to share this review, we very much appreciate your feedback. If, at any time, you would like to talk with someone about your experience, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at wecare@loandepot.com so that we can set up some time.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

This is a fine place to get entry level experience, not to have a career

Jul 16, 2020 - Mortgage Underwriter in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

There used to be a very good culture, but that has changed in recent years for the worse and there is no regard for work/life balance anymore. Managers, on a local level, seem to have their employees best interests in mind, but that stops at upper management. There is a remote work option available for most positions which is nice, but that’s becoming more common at other companies so it’s not as enticing as it used to be.

Cons

Overall compensation continues to be cut and this company is no longer competitive in that area. They have taken the stance that they would rather hire someone with little to no experience and pay them as little as possible rather than keep experienced people with a proven track record by compensating them fairly. Upper Management has lost touch with their employees and has lost sight of what made the company great in the first place. They will run you ragged if you give them the chance, and you are looked down on if you do not participate in overtime.

5 people found this review helpful

loanDepot

We value this insight into your experience and will share them with our management team. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please email wecare@loandepot.com.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place compared to everyone else in the industry

Oct 19, 2020 - Loan Originator in Southfield, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

everyone at loan depot from the receptionist to management was like a family. They went above and beyond to make sure you succeeded in your job with all the right resources available at your hand. The work life balance was perfect compared to any place i have worked at. I had to leave due to personal Medical Reasons but they did not take that sourly like most employers. Management allowed me to step away to get things in order on a good note. I will be applying to get back into this amazing corporation as i am thankful to them for giving me a chance to better myself.

Cons

i would have to make one up and lie.

1 person found this review helpful

loanDepot

We are delighted to hear that your experience with loanDepot was exceptional. Thank you for your review!

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible Company - Stay Away!

Oct 19, 2020 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have a decent health benefit package

Cons

They will go after you if you leave for the cost of training. *****In order to become a Mortgage Loan Officer, you need to get training...however if you leave before 2 years, they WILL go after you for $15,000 for the cost of training. They have filed suit against myself and several others that I know who have left them. If you end up working for this company, try to get fired so they legally cannot go after you for the cost of training. This is the worst company I've ever worked for. It used to be a fun environment from stories I've heard, but has changed for the worst. Broken promises, poor leadership, no morals, little support, and no work life balance is the theme of this company. They will require more and more hours from you and push you so hard to work every weekend. Also compensation is much greater at competitors. The scottsdale office is bleeding, they have lost so many people, there is hardly any managers there has more than a year tenure.

11 people found this review helpful

loanDepot

Hi there! We appreciate the feedback and would like to know if we can assist further. If you would like to talk with us, please email us at wecare@loandepot.com to help get the conversation started.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Answer your phone or your “TOAST”

Nov 9, 2020 - Loan Processor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation is competitive. Plenty of work.

Cons

No work life balance, unrealistic expectations and goals when just starting. Don’t actually spend time doing your job. Mostly on the phone resolving other department issues along with your own. Broken system.

6 people found this review helpful

loanDepot

Hi there! We appreciate this feedback and would like to know if we can assist further. If you would like to talk with someone about your concerns, we encourage you to email us at wecare@loandepot.com to help get the conversation started.

6. 3.0

Overwork, Underpay

Dec 29, 2020 - Senior Account Manager in Foothill Ranch, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good money if you have no kids or family and can work 60+ hours weekly. Will give you a chance even with no experience.

Cons

Overwork, underpay, no work-life balance, trying to be a leader in tech, many system issues constantly, no care for the individual employee, only care about how many loans you can fund and get through. High turnover.

4 people found this review helpful

loanDepot

We appreciate the feedback regarding your time as a member of Team loanDepot. We will share this review with our management team. If you would like to discuss this further, please email wecare@loanDepot.com.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Nice place, good pay of you work hard

Nov 11, 2020 - Mortgage Banker in Foothill Ranch, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid pay and benefits and fun employees to work with

Cons

Micromanaging and stress and no work/life balance

2 people found this review helpful

loanDepot

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we appreciate your feedback! If you would like to discuss this further, please email wecare@loanDepot.com.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good pay, no work life balance

Dec 7, 2020 - Mortgage Loan Processor
      Business Outlook

Pros

good pay (base + bonus), decent benefits

Cons

no work life balance, your work is your life and you basically need to work at least 60+ hours a week

9. 5.0

Where dreams come true

Aug 7, 2019 - Licensed Lending Officer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- you get paid for your effort - you learn about the mortgage industry, a LOT, in a short period of time if you’re new - the team atmosphere is amazing, every manager here is here to help. I got lucky enough to have the same Production Manager, Reza Abbasi, to mentor me from the very beginning. - Unlimited potential to earning money.

Cons

None, some people will complain about “no work-life balance” - the same people will post how they “grind” every day on social media. If you want to make the big bucks you have to actually do the work.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Great Job!!!

Jul 2, 2020 - Customer Lending Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, good pay, good work/life balance

Cons

I don’t see any cons

loanDepot

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We sincerely appreciate the insight into your experience. If you would like to discuss anything further, please email wecare@loandepot.com

Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Reviews