lululemon Reviews | Glassdoor

lululemon Reviews

Updated June 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • difficult to move up as it is so competitive and sometimes difficult with work life balance aka focusing on getting more time off (in 47 reviews)

• very slow after the holidays, not many available positions to be a full time employee after the holidays (in 32 reviews)

1. "Love it, would recommend"

Current Employee - Key Leader in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Key Leader in Arlington, VA

I have been working at lululemon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, lots of room for growth internally and externally, amazing fitness benefits

Cons

Retail hours are sometimes long and you work holidays

2. "Eempolyee"

Current Employee - Educator in Marlton, NJ
    Current Employee - Educator in Marlton, NJ

I have been working at lululemon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Best place to work

Cons

There are no Cons Honestly

Advice to Management

Great understanding of managing People

3. "Educator"

Current Employee - Educator in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Educator in Athens, GA

I have been working at lululemon (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great
    Lifestyle around culture
    Health
    Goal Oriented
    Discount
    Personal Development

Cons

Retail Hours
    Lack of Communication
    No Holidays Off

"Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at lululemon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Store managers have the ability and entrepreneurship to run store. Development tools, discounts, and community classes.

Cons

POS Systems are lacking and behind most retailers. The training is unclear and needs better direction. Pay is below industry standards. Not much growth in US stores beyond store manager role. Company is constantly changing without giving time to properly implement changes and see the effects.

Advice to Management

Figure out what is going to work before rolling it out to the entire company. Find long term solutions instead of making quick decisions to sell product to 3rd vendors for cheap resell.

5. "Love it!"

Current Employee - Educator in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Educator in Troy, MI

I have been working at lululemon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive coworkers, awesome guests, and great benefits! Your coworkers truly push you to become a better version of yourself constantly.

Cons

If you do not take criticism well, this job may not be for you. Constructive criticism and tips on education are very common among coworkers and it's important that you are able to listen to what your coworker has to say instead of getting defensive.

Advice to Management

I think that our return policy is pretty shabby at 14 days, and I also think we should honor our lifetime warranty on our products more. There is a lot of gray area with what is warrantyable and what is not. Personally I think that we should stand behind our product with issues such as tassels and other small issues which are unrelated to seams. We charge a premium price for a premium product and I feel we should provide a premium guarantee as well.

6. "lululemon"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

tremendous work out benefits, good health care, 401k, espp, paid vacation, large investment in people development, team environment, a lot of growth and community opportunities, awesome gear and comfortable work attire

Cons

must work one weekend day

7. "Fun great place to work"

Current Employee - Lululemon Educator in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Lululemon Educator in Asheville, NC

I have been working at lululemon part-time

Pros

Great workout benefits, fun atmosphere, great quality product, amazing people, company is all about health, balance and having vision and goals

Cons

Hard to get full time, and even when you get it, usually it is still only 30 hours (my experience). No health benefits for part time employees - and must work a consistent minimum as full time. Must work holidays, which if you don't mind isn't a big deal.

Advice to Management

Work towards getting more benefits for part time employees and/or allow employees to work a true full time hours (40+)

8. "Greatest Job"

Current Employee - Lululemon Educator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Lululemon Educator in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at lululemon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They treat their employees amazing, our guest experience is unparalleled and the pay is great. The company really takes care of their people and the job itself doesn't feel like a job because of how great of an experience each day is.

Cons

Unstable hours- definitely not a 9-5 job. They are great about balancing work and home life, but the hours are all over the place.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any negative feedback to give- this job has been the first job I've ever truly loved and looked forward to going into every shift.

"Wonderful Culture, People, and Perks"

Former Employee - Lululemon Educator in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Lululemon Educator in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Working at Lululemon made me a better person - I was constantly inspired by the people I was surrounded by and the community values that Lulu holds at it's core. They were always supportive of me moving to pursue travel goals, and also generous enough to let me come back and work for short periods (2-3 months) at a time while I was taking a break in between traveling.

Cons

Only typical retail downsides - busy on weekends, closing takes longer during holidays, etc. Luckily I was surrounded by great people who made the pros outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Dissatisfied"

Former Employee - Educator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Educator in Houston, TX

I worked at lululemon part-time

Pros

- sweaty pursuits card (card loaded monthly with funds for fitness classes, $125 for part time & $250 for full time)
    - 40-60% off product
    - team commission bonus is based on daily sales.
    - starting pay is about $11 per hour
    - benifts/investment options for full time employees
    - ability to transfer stores
    - no drug test
    - "vision & goals" setting session
    - fitness oriented, friendly, & like minded coworkers

Cons

- drawn out interview process
    - typically only hire people who have a background in fitness instruction/industry
    - anything less than 100% on your performance review disqualifies you for a raise
    - 30 minute lunch breaks for 8 HR shifts
    - inflexible with availability (commuters/students beware)
    - no overtime opportunities
    - mandatory to work weekends and holidays
    - Lots of negative feedback but no solutions for growth/improvement are provided
    - reoccurring problem of inaccurate checks, & the inability to negotiate back pay for hours worked
    - lack of transparency on employment status for seasonal hires, permanent contracts, promotions, and personal development
    - employees are held to a higher integrity than Mgmt
    - "FFI's" (aka being written up) is permanent on your record, you are only allowed 3 in your lululemon career before termination
    - "notes" are constantly kept about you by Mgmt, and not disclosed to you.
    - lots of "backroom chatter"/"below the line" gossip amongst coworkers
    - promotions, development, and prime shifts are given to employees based on favoritism/personality, not the quality of work ethic
    - if you do not subscribe to the "culture" you will find yourself missing out on opportunities within the company

Advice to Management

Please be direct in the ways your "educators" can make progress and move upwards, as well as what their status of hire is BEFORE their contract expires. When providing feedback for employees, be constructive and offer solutions to areas that need developement... rather than gossiping and disappearing into the office area. When holding your employees to their highest integrity, understand that we are holding you to the same standards. Set the example! I did not experience the positive culture that I heard so much about. Very disappointed.