mBlox Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
mBlox CEO Tom Cotney
Tom Cotney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome place of employment"

I have been working at mBlox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay, Flexible shift and ability to telecommute. Solid fun team oriented company. Truly the work hard, play hard company. Awesome SLT. The CEO is a bull that knows what he wants and how to effectively get it done.

Cons

No stock Offerings. No true bonus structure. You must be selected on a quarterly basis for a possible $500 bonus. Lack of written process and procedures.

Advice to Management

None. They know what needs to be done and are in process of getting it done. 1 project at a time.

2. "mBlox is what you make it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at mBlox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits: 401k match, awesome company outings, extensive PTO for your first year, managers listen to complaints and give you what you ask for, small enough to be heard but large enough to grow. Competitive Salary.

Convenient Location: New Atlanta office is accessible by Marta. Sandy Springs station. Office has tons of onsite perks including: dry cleaning, barber, car wash, oil change, florist, beverage store, and cafeteria(food is good).

New office(January 2014) has brought on a new corporate culture. Everyone is friendly and willing to help you succeed here, just come ready to work.

New CEO has vision and has made changes to make the vision a reality. I can say for the first time in my life, I enjoy coming to work everyday.

Cons

The technology here is fairly proprietary. Run of the mill employees may find it hard to relate the experience here to future endeavors. If you have to be micromanaged or have tough skin this isn't the place for you. If your looking to just tread water somewhere this also is not the place for you as there are performance metrics that are reviewed constantly.

Advice to Management

Allow your bright, up and coming stars a chance to grow here.

Continue to retain your top talent, you almost let a few of your key players go.

3. "Radically different place from last year"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

The change in CEO has brought huge change to the company. People really enjoy working with each other, the silos that existed are getting blown up, people are working on cool new projects in the mobile space, objectives for the company are posted and there's alignment between teams. People laugh and have fun - small enough to know everyone but big enough to have decent perks.

Cons

Still work to do to get everyone working as a team. Very dispersed organization - Sunnyvale, London, NY, Sweden - makes schedules and communications challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep open to feedback, be up front about the challenges.

4. "Great Environment - Professional and Fun Place to Work"

Pros

PEOPLE - the people genuinely enjoy working with each other
    Great benefits
    Professional environment
    Exciting new products/services
    Open communication

Cons

Limited budget doesn't allow for elaborate parties, frills and perks but we manage with what we have!

Advice to Management

Keep communicating where we are goingand how we are doing (as a whole) to encourage us. We're proud to work here if we know what we're contributing is actually making a difference and helping the company go in the right direction.