mGage Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
James V. Continenza

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Working in the London office of mGage Europe"

Current Employee - Director of Corporate Solutions in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Director of Corporate Solutions in London, England (UK)

I have been working at mGage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined mGage as Director of Corporate Solutions Europe in October 2107 and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute, I have a vibrant hard-working team and have just recruited an additional head to drive new business acquisition. I joined at an exciting time for mGage as we have recently completed a 12 month $100m infrastructure program migrating 3 data centres to brand new facilities with the latest technology. The UK office has a brand-new DC with the capacity and resiliency to support our customers requirements for many years to come.

Cons

This has been a very busy time for us over the last 3 months which meant that the working days were extended as we completed a number of key customer projects, but the various teams are committed to delivering and there is excellent spirit of collaboration and a desire to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the people and training, give them the latitude and empowerment to get the job done.

Mar 15, 2018 – HR Manager

We are pleased you are settling in to your role well and we’re even more pleased to have you on board.

You joined mGage at a very interesting time. The 2017 infrastructure improvement investment... More

"An exciting place to work!"

I have been working at mGage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with mGage for some time now and I can tell you there is never a dull day at mGage - there is always something going on which allows you to create an opportunity for yourself. mGage is one of the companies that will allow you to ensure that your roles and responsibilities are aligned with your career path. The management team that has taken over mGage is very result oriented and have resulted in a growth that I have not seen before at mGage. I would recommend mGage to whosoever is willing to take new challenges.

Cons

Given the nature of the business the work load can vary and there can be long days at times but the teams will pull it through.

Advice to Management

Given how the business is growing the management team has to figure out a way to fill the open positions at a pace faster than what they are doing right now.

Mar 16, 2018 – HR Manager

You’re right -- there never is a dull day at mGage! It’s a very exciting time to be here and to be part of a great team driving the company growth. mGage is a great place for people who enjoy a... More

"NOC Technician"

Former Employee - NOC Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - NOC Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at mGage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment, benefits are great and management too.

Cons

There was nothing bad about the work environment here.

"Run to the Hills!"

Former Employee - Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at mGage (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a foreigner with an H1B Visa you are a shoe-in and will not be terminated.

Cons

Management is terrified of the COO and Board, so they simply parrot everything that they are told. Bottom line: Zero leadership! Senior C-level team has NO mobile background whatsoever. This company was acquired as cannon fodder for the PE firm that owns it. All legacy employees with high salaries were cut loose to make room for the mediocre and lower wage cronies of management. Avoid this organization at all costs!

Advice to Management

Put a For Sale sign in the window, or sell the company to a real mobile savvy company to salvage what is left of a former mobile aggregation powerhouse...if this is not already the overall strategy.

"Software Development"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at mGage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of technical challenges that could have take the company to the stratosphere, if handled correctly

Cons

Well, the management (CXX) were at each others throats at all given time, primarily because of the culture of BlackStone that is brutal in its approach to consolidate its companies. We were loosing great developers only because they were in Athens and not in India or US. People were let go without reasons and there was a atmosphere of fear all around. The company was doing terrible in terms of numbers and system was constantly breaking, even though what mage does is pretty simple and straight forward. I would advise anyone to not consider working there as these guys have 0 respect for individuals and talent.

Advice to Management

I am not sure what you guys can do to fix this because you are primarily trying to please the blackstone capital guys.

"Great changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at mGage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everything at mGage is improving each and every day. Six months ago I was thinking about a new job because things were falling apart. There was an executive team that did not listen, was completely disengaged, and cared more about nepotism than competence. The infrastructure was falling apart at the seems and there were daily outages that nobody seemed to care about. All of that is changing and is is amazing to be a part of it. Back in September, the new owners have brought in a rock star VP of operations who has completely changed the team and is finally rebuilding the platform and bringing in new processes, the COO is amazing and just totally transparent about the vision for the future and the current problem. The sales team is one of the best that I have seen and continues to close huge deals. It is really refreshing to see how much has improved in such little time. There are still pain points and things to improve but we know what they are and the management is committed to fixing these.

Cons

There is a lot of work that needs to happen on the product. We lack some important features and there seems to be a lot of missed deadlines. There is a ray of hope but we need to hire more devs and focus on new features.

Another con is that the health insurance is not great. The premiums and deductibles are high.

Also there are still a lot of problems with the phones and email. These seem to go down constantly which makes us look bad with our clients, especially for those of us in client facing roles.

Finally, there are a lot of offices so it is a bit hard to feel like a larger team. The motivation level seems to vary widely between different offices.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! We are heading in the right direction. Hire more developers. Improve the perks and the health insurance. Have more team building events. Continue to be transparent and engaged. You are doing great.

"mGage"

Former Employee - Engagement Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Engagement Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at mGage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work from home

Cons

Too much non-communication between team and leaders.

"Velti Redux"

I have been working at mGage full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedules, good location and a few dedicated, committed people. Average benefits and compensation for the Atlanta market.

Cons

The lions share of work is done by very few overworked and underpaid people while others coast along making requests, demands, commitments of other teams/persons time while not contributing to the work themselves. There are a number of persons whose only contribution is to create a toxic atmosphere in the office. When the toxic persons and inequities in work load are brought to management the feedback is met with outright hostility. There is a lack of vision and focus from upper management which is trying to be all things to all people and compete with much larger, more well funded and established organizations.

Advice to Management

Focus on core competencies. Rather than diluting effort trying to be everything to everyone cut away those things that are not core to the business. Believe employees when they tell you persons are toxic and contributing to dysfunction in the office and in the business.

Dec 9, 2014 – HR Director

Following our acquisition by GSO Capital Partners, a division of Blackstone in Dec 2013; 2014 has very much been a year of transition, consolidation and refocus to reposition us as a fully aligned... More

9. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (US - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

10. "Good company with great people"

I have been working at mGage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture and people are two of the most important things to me in a work environment. For me mGage has ticked both these boxes as not only do I enjoy working here, it's also great to be part of a team that is dedicated, professional & fun.

I think the management team in Europe is open, transparent and welcome any feedback. I especially like the suggestion box you have incoporated.

Perks are good with the free fruit, treat days and beer o clock Fridays. :-)

Cons

Filter coffee, temperamental lifts and the office could do with a refresh. Although on the plus side the location is good.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the communication lines open and feedback regularly

11. "Great place to work"

I have been working at mGage full-time

Pros

Great work culture, fun environment, work hard play hard kind of place, very good people

Cons

Building lifts can be an issue during busy hours

Advice to Management

Keep up the open communications.....