marcus evans Senior Sales Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
marcus evans Chairman Marcus Evans
Marcus Evans

Pros
  • I had excellent sales training at Marcus Evans (in 21 reviews)

• We have the opportunity to travel to domestic and international office locations and also attend events all over the world (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The base salary is insanely low (in 34 reviews)

• Toxic company culture, low base salary (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Like anything in life, the more you put in, the more you get out."

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in London, England (UK)

I worked at marcus evans full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Marcus Evans for 5 years. I started off in the Montreal office back in Dec 2011 and ended my career in London in March 2017. I won't lie, at first I wasn't sure. The training is fabulous, the people are amazing but the work is hard (at first). Like anything in life though, the more you put in, the more you'll get out. The learning curve is steep because the sales techniques you are taught are state of the art - It takes a while to master them. Every day you will be challenged with new objections to master and overcome. The great part is that the management really want to see you succeed and will put in lots of extra time and effort to help you. They will do one on one trainings with you at lunch or after work if you ask. Stephen Bruce, Geoffrey Reid and Natasha Hyatt-Khan have all spent lots of time outside regular office hours to help me develop in my career. (They are all WONDERFUL people and amazing at what they do!)
    Another great thing is that if you make your personal goals known to upper management, whether its career development or something else, they will help you to achieve those goals.
    A big personal goal of mine was to travel, so I was given an incentive to transfer to another office of my choice.
    I cannot recommend working here enough. Of course, if you want to see flaws you will, as you would in ANY job. Generally, the people you see not succeed in this place are people who play the victim. Its simple - work hard, work smart, listen to the advice and IMPLEMENT it and you will find success!

Cons

I'd say the only con is that they could improve the office. New computers, standing desks for everyone. That's about it.

marcus evans Response

Apr 7, 2017 – Global HR and Recruitment

You nail it: the PEOPLE. the SALES TRAINING. the CAREER DEVELOPMENT. the TRAVEL. Take your pick! I see a pattern so many times in the reviews. If you stayed in the Company you loved it and you write ... More

2. "Senior Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at marcus evans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tough job and can take time to become good but once the deals start coming in you can make a lot of money!
    Since it's a very competitive job and a tough sell, other employers have high regard for those who have succeeded.
    Get to go to the events in style

Cons

Get paid once a month can be a bit annoying.
    If you want to do well then it will be longer than 9-5.

Advice to Management

Get paid fortnightly
    Employ some more Australians they are really cool ppl

3. "Made some good money here"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at marcus evans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to make a lot of money if you are good. Good people in the office to work with. Management throws out good incentives. Company promotes from within. Will never hire a manager.

Cons

No good CRM product in place (i.e. salesforce). Business model is a bit archaic meaning that reps have to go to a bank of computers to print out leads instead of having a PC on a desk or a CRM system that would enable more productivity.

Advice to Management

More transparency. More promotions for folks who are good.

5. "It's what you make of it"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at marcus evans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of opportunity if you work hard and do your job with integrity. It's sales so some will snub their nose at that and some understand what a rich opportunity it presents. Marcus Evans doesn't make you any false promises, misleads, or gives you pie in the sky promises. They are clear that your results are contingent on your efforts. The people are down to earth and support one another. It's a good work family.

Cons

The only cons are contributed to the nature of the job. You will have people you contact that will treat you badly because they have a belief that what you do is not on the up and up. It's ridiculous. We provide a service. Most who utilize the service thrive, some do not. Then there are the ones who form an option based on third hand knowledge, the ones that mistreat you when you call because they feel they have the right. It's unfortunate... but those people are the only "cons" about this work.

Advice to Management

You're doing so well with developing programs and opportunities for us to grow as sales executives. Keep up the excellent work!

6. "Great Foundation to Start and build a career in Sales or Communications"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at marcus evans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to really develop my communication skills through engaging with these Senior Executives.
    I learned about several industries and issues each of these industries faced which I am able to take to any new role or job I am in.
    Fast-paced.
    Open-door policy with Management
    Youthful workforce

Cons

No Computer on your desk...although there are plenty of computers to research with sectioned off nearby.
    Some inexperienced Manager's, tend to make mistakes in judgement at times, however, they are accountable.

Advice to Management

Continue to have an open-door policy

"You get out of it what you put into it!"

Former Employee - Team Leader - Senior Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Team Leader - Senior Sales Executive

I worked at marcus evans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Marcus Evans is a world class company that provides a top level experience for their clients. The training provided by management is very strong, and uncharacteristic for most sales positions. Having worked at Marcus Evans strengthened my skill set, and I would gladly walk back on staff if the opportunity arose. Interaction with upper management all around the globe is exciting, and they welcome creativity and out of the box problem solving skills. If you have the drive to succeed, this is a great company to work for.

Cons

This job is 'cut-throat,' turnaround IS high, but people must realize that if they are not making sales they are not just shorting the company, they are shorting themselves. The base is not significant, but people don't work at Marcus Evans for the base. If you plan to sit at your desk and NOT work hard, then don't plan on staying with the company long. This is a position for motivated self starters that are ready to learn, grow, and make money. If that's not you, then don't apply. AND don't come on glassdoor whining if you get fired. You are probably better off elsewhere.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to have a more succinct plan in place for development and training goals for individuals. People who want to grow and succeed should continually be monitored, as the stronger the individual, the larger the asset they are to the organization.

"bad company"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Sin (Spain)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Sin (Spain)

I worked at marcus evans full-time

Pros

none at all i can think of

Cons

all was pretty much bad here in the

9. "Very nice"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Mumbai (India)

I worked at marcus evans full-time

Pros

One should join only if you thirst for sales and MONEY

Cons

IT structure should be improved

10. "Great people, Great job, Great time"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Sydney (Australia)

Pros

I have been working at Marcus Evans for 9 months now and for the first time in my career I can say that I am working with an amazing multicultural team. Great work ethic and professional environment where everybody works towards a common goal and all the colleagues help each other.
    We also organize a lot of out of the office activities (sport, dinners, nights out...) which help to build a strong team in a sales driven work environment.

Cons

It is not an easy job, because everybody has to be really focus aiming for the same goal. Thanks to the amazing team everything becomes easier and all the difficulties turn into opportunity to learn.

"What a horrible company"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Berlin (Germany)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Berlin (Germany)

Pros

Good working hours, but just because after 5pm it's very difficult to reach the potential clients per phone.

Cons

No real professional growth, it's a cold calling machine. You will learn a few practical sales skills but the work environment is horrible. You will not have your own pc but just a phone and a shared computer to do lead-research once in a while. There is no future here.

Advice to Management

Some have good telesales and pr skills. Not enough to be real managers.