marcus evans "low base" Reviews | Glassdoor

marcus evans Employee Reviews about "low base"

Updated Oct 23, 2019

3.6
marcus evans Chairman Marcus Evans
Marcus Evans
Pros
  • "People in the organisation are lovely and the sales training is great(in 40 reviews)

• "Potential to make uncapped commissions if you’re a hard worker(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low base salary but plenty of achievable bonus opportunities(in 50 reviews)

• "VERY LOW BASE SALARIES WITH GOOD POTENTIAL COMISSIONS(in 35 reviews)

Reviews about "low base"

Return to all Reviews

"Great place to put your business degree to work!"

I have been working at marcus evans full-time

Pros

Learn a ton about high-level issues in multiple key industries of our economy Great team atmosphere Fantastic travel opportunities in 5-star venues Clear goals for early promotions

Cons

Low base salary but plenty of achievable bonus opportunities

Advice to Management

Continue to improve on transparency about the future growth of the company. Employees like to know and get excited about where the company is headed.

marcus evans2018-11-21

"good company to gain experience not to do a career"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at marcus evans full-time

Pros

gain expereicnes in phone sales B2B

Cons

VERY LOW BASE SALARIES WITH GOOD POTENTIAL COMISSIONS

marcus evans2019-08-23

"Account Executive"

I worked at marcus evans full-time

Pros

- Location: Great Location, being downtown - They try to make it fun with parties on holiday, which were always really fun - If you can make the sales then the pay is not bad - Good Training Program - Good for a recent Graduate - If telemarketing and cold calling is all you want to do then go for it

Cons

- Intensely high turnover - Low, low base. If you are looking to stay here and live on your own you have to make the sales - They are a little sneaky with their contracts, what they don't tell you is that you are on a 'contract' until you make your first sale - They normally have a cap of 3 months, then if you don't make a sale they are most likely to let you go - Sales methods depending on department are not the most truthful in ethical in my opinion - Everyday is cold calling, success is based on numbers

Advice to Management

- The games really helped - Be more honest about the contract and let the employee have more time to read over it.

marcus evans2018-02-26
  4. "Crazy place to work but good experience for conference producers"

Conference Producer in Chicago, IL

I worked at marcus evans for more than a year

Pros

build good experience, given lots of responsibility, travel opportunities, office location

Cons

extremely low base salary, churn and burn environment, cold calling

Advice to Management

Could be a great entry level company especially in conference production. Treating employees better (really depends on your manager though, some are as good as they can be), giving better compensation and more opportunities for growth would go a long way to keep people around longer.

marcus evans2017-08-28

"Conference Producer"

Former Employee - Conference Producer in Chicago, IL

I worked at marcus evans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting projects. Great exposure to big companies and top executives. As producer you have great control on the flow of the event, the agenda and speaker selection. It is an enriching experience.

Cons

Toxic company culture, low base salary. Outdated technology, equipments. The only barometer of your value will be the revenue your events generate, nothing else. Bare minimum benefits package.

marcus evans2017-03-02

"Sponsorship Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in Miami, FL

I worked at marcus evans full-time for less than a year

Pros

I honestly worked for 4 days only in the Miami office. The interview porcess was neutral. Once I got hired, I focus on research for leads and had very little trainning from my manager. The reason why I left so early is beacause this office showed me the worst unprofessional people I have ever seen. Just upon my arrival I saw a manager trying to make out with his coworker right before everyones' eyes. Looked normal for everybody else. Also, everybody was cursing to each other on a regular basis like it was nothing. I understand this is a sales job but you've got to show some level of respect. I didn't bother to find out if you can make money or not.

Cons

Low base pay. Unprofessional evironment Very little trainning No sources for research. You are on your own. I wouldn't recommend you to work here. Period.

Advice to Management

Be professional and respect each other.

marcus evans2017-03-19

"Great for entry level sales"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at marcus evans full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management and People you work with are great Great Training

Cons

Low Base Pay Unorganized No CRM database Management only has a computer so wasting a lot of time when doing research

marcus evans2016-12-13

"Almost no redeeming qualities"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at marcus evans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You learn to be comfortable hammering the phone constantly, talking to strangers to try to convince them to buy a pass to your conference. If you can sell here you can sell anywhere.

Cons

Low base salary ($1000/month) If you get stuck on a bad conference you can't earn commission No direct deposit and minimal benefits Limited growth opportunity You are encouraged to lie cheat and steal in order to close the sale Since the culture is to do whatever it takes to close the deal, you cannot trust managers or co-workers to do anything but the most cutthroat option You must arrive at 8, you cannot take lunch except from 12-1, you have to stand making calls during "power hour"; in short you are treated like a child

Advice to Management

Ease up on the control; hire actual adults and you won't have to supervise them so closely; build better conferences so people don't have to lie to close the deal; treat employees with respect and build in more transparency with sales so managers who cheat the system don't get away with it

marcus evans2016-09-07

"Maybe its Not for You"

Inside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at marcus evans

Pros

Great commission, Good career trajectory, okay people

Cons

Very low base salary, long hours

marcus evans2016-05-12
  10. "Certainly, a tough Sell"

Current Contractor - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at marcus evans for more than a year

Pros

Working with Chip and Al. Solid training program, when implemented. Inclusion within differing divisions - attributable to Chip and social leaders.

Cons

Lack of trust established by division leaders as certain team leaders will shut down a sale to a well-qualified lead - only to pass that lead off to a friend and hard close. Team leads who fail to make a call to a qualified lead - attributing it to the statement, "it gives value to our brand". Low base wage.

Advice to Management

MODIFY TEAM DYNAMICS CREATE DIFFERENT MILESTONES AND MARKERS FOR THE NEW KIDS ALL IN OR BOW OUT

marcus evans2016-02-10