marcus evans "sales training" Reviews | Glassdoor

marcus evans Employee Reviews about "sales training"

Updated Dec 5, 2019

3.6
marcus evans Chairman Marcus Evans
Marcus Evans
Pros
  • "People in the organisation are lovely and the sales training is great(in 40 reviews)

• "Potential to make uncapped commissions if you’re a hard worker(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low base salary but plenty of achievable bonus opportunities(in 50 reviews)

• "VERY LOW BASE SALARIES WITH GOOD POTENTIAL COMISSIONS(in 35 reviews)

Reviews about "sales training"

Return to all Reviews

"Advertised Exactly What It Is"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at marcus evans full-time

Pros

It takes hard work and what you put into the job you will get out. Everyone is promoted from within - many opportunities for promotions which is strictly based off performance and not seniority. If you come on new with the company you have the same opportunities as anyone else in the organization. Training is excellent, best sales training that I've been apart of and I've worked for some large billion dollar organizations in the past.

Cons

It is tough work and with that can come with ups and downs.

marcus evans2019-05-14

"Must Read: A Fair and Honest Account of the Days Gone By"

I have been working at marcus evans full-time for more than a year

Pros

By far one of the best sales training out there. The culture, at least in my office, is fun and fosters friendly competition. Location is perfect for commuters, via CTA and Metra. If you're looking for an entry level sales job that will challenge the way you think and approach sales, this job is for you.

Cons

The base pay is lower than most, but the payout is huge once you start landing deals. Gotta be persistent, and stick with it to see the fruits of thy labor be unleashed upon thy bank account.

marcus evans2018-11-20
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Truth from a seasoned insider"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at marcus evans full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked at Marcus Evans for 10 years beginning in as an Entry level Sales Executive in 2006. I was encouraged by the fact that all people were hired at the same level I was being hired. For a “true” sales professional this is very important because it creates a fair and balanced playing field. It means that politics do not interfere with advancement for the individual. If you are successful at what you do you will advance. Period. Armed with this mentality I went through training and hit the sales floor. The open sales floor was one that motivated me. I could see who was working and who was pretending. This gave me the ability to easily seek out advise from the people producing as they did it in front of me daily. I was told in the interview I could make some serious money while advancing. I took this with a grain of salt as all sales companies claim this. Within 18 months I was amazed at how much money I was actually earning. I actually stopped one day and calculated my hourly pay. I was making more than they said I would make so I turned my focus towards sharpening my management skills within the group. They sent me off to London for paid management training. They also sent me on an all-expenses paid week long vacation as a reward for being the top seller in the USA my first year. By year three with the group I had held the position of Sales Executive, Senior Sales Executive, Team Leader, Assistant Sales Manager, Sales Manager, and Senior sales manager. On my three year anniversary with the group I was promoted to the highest position within summit sales. Sales Director. The interesting part about all of this is that I was given the exact road map of advancement in my very 1st interview and within three years I had lived it. I did my part. I worked very hard. They did their part. They kept their word and advanced me while paying me healthy commissions and bonuses. By year 8 I was managing multiple locations in the USA and abroad. This company defines “entrepreneurial grit” If you are looking for a salary to pay your bills please look elsewhere. This is a company that succeeds because it was built to give people who want to “own” something of their own, a place to live without worrying about all the normal overheads associated with owning your own business. The second thing that stands out is the product delivered to clients. At first I didn’t understand just how hard it was for companies to get qualified business meetings. When people walked up to me and told me how one of the meetings my summit secured for them made them hundreds of thousands I was amazed. Really? We are that good? YES, Marcus Evans is. The 1 on 1 meeting space has become a dime a dozen as everybody looks at Marcus Evans and says “oh that looks easy we can go do it on our own”. They quickly find out within a few years that it is NOT easy and they fold. To date I do not know of one Face to Face meeting company that can supply both Buyer and seller reference to deals closed. Marcus Evans is the only one who can and there are hundreds of examples to prove it. For years I watched people come on this very website and trash the company as scam. Or say that the company didn’t pay well. Or say the company couldn’t deliver. Some went as far to say as the company would force employees to write positive reviews. I quietly sat and watched the posts and chose not to respond. I didn’t want to fuel the fire and as an active employee actually running business units I was sure my post would carry little weight. Today however there is nothing in it for me. The reason I write this message is that I enjoyed my time at Marcus Evans. I made a lot of money at Marcus Evans. I had excellent sales training at Marcus Evans. I advanced at Marcus Evans. Most will ask why I left. Simple. I could afford financially to go out into the market place with a dream of mine. Without Marcus Evans I wouldn’t have the capital, experience, or freedom to do that at such a young age.

Cons

I do have some things that I see as areas the Marcus Evans group needs to address. I think they should screen employees better on the front end so that people who can’t sell, aren’t enthusiastic about networking with strangers, or are not truly entrepreneurial in spirit do not get hired. There is very cheap assessment software they could invest in to weed these people out. There were far too many people hired because we thought there was a “chance” they could make it but time at a place that requires 100% every day is no place for those looking to skate by. I also think the company could actually decrease the commission structure by 1% and use that to invest in better technology tools for the sales executives. 1% may not seem like much but I know what the top 20% make there. That 1% would buy millions worth of technology per year and the reps really wouldn’t feel that big of a hit. Either way if you are not investing in technology in today’s world your staff is not working at optimal levels.

Advice to Management

To evolve you must involve heavy investments in Tech. It is 2017

marcus evans2017-03-07

"Great Opportunity and Sales Training"

Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at marcus evans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The sales training, global trainings, the real-time trainings, - The environment is very collaborative - Always promotes from within - Promotions based off performance not seniority - The product is great, it works and have 80 - 90% retention rate with clients - Incentive Trips, Bonuses, commissions

Cons

- Doing a lot of the same thing everyday; most jobs are like that - Base pay could be a bit more.

Advice to Management

Keep with the trainings,

marcus evans2017-03-06

"Whirlwind Experience. Not Perfect but Darn Good."

Former Employee - Director, Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at marcus evans full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

IMPORTANT - Marcus Evans is extremely decentralised. The experience of an employee in one business unit is not likely to have any relation to what you might experience in another business unit. In Chicago there is a GM that encourages office socialising, but otherwise do not expect to interact with other Divisions. With that being said, these comments are specific to the Summit's Delegate Acquisition Division & Department. * Incredible opportunities to travel around the country especially places like Las Vegas, Florida, and California! * All-expense paid work trips to 5 star resorts like Ritz Carlton, Waldorf Astoria, & Four Seasons. * The best sales training an inside B2B sales rep could ask for. * Exposure to C-suite executives across various Fortune 1000 industries which is a crash course in helping you figure out what industry you might want to work in next. * I had multiple opportunities to travel abroad with the company, but those are reserved for the top 10% performers or senior management. * Exceptional, consistent brand image. * The best product I've ever sold. I genuinely and deeply believe in the quality of the Summit business model and know how much it's helped my clients. It's a great product. * Rapid growth opportunity * Ability to earn your own paychecks * Some of the most wonderful colleagues in the world. In the decade I worked at Marcus Evans I met many friends I will have for a lifetime, but 4 people in particular who my life would feel incomplete without. If this company recruits that quality of people they are doing something right!

Cons

* The Summits CEO in Cyprus is not a nice person and will throw a colleague under the bus without blinking an eye. It's quite sad because he overshadows the many, many spectacular people in the company. * You cannot make a top-tier wage if you are only willing to work 40 hours a week. It's just not possible if you are only putting in the bare minimum effort and, unfortunately, a lot of the managers are forced to cultivate a culture of mediocrity because lazy employees are litigious. Do not take this job if you are going to whine about having to work hard. You don't deserve it. * Only a con if you are a whimp! This is a 24-hour sales cycle. If you are afraid to ask for business over the phone on the first call, you don't have the right stuff for this role. I loved my time at ME and valued the pros and the cons as the learning experiences that prepared me for my next role. Don't believe everything you read on Glassdoor or other sites. Most of the negative reviews are from people that didn't have the work ethic, tenacity, or passion to do the role in the first place. The company is not perfect, but it's a good place to grow.

Advice to Management

Marcus - spend more time being the face of the company to your employees. We simply want to hear your vision, from you. Ban excessive office supplies and use that very wasteful budget to upgrade and expand the access to electronics for all employees.

marcus evans2016-12-21
  7. "Good place to work and get skills that will last forever!"

Former Employee - Account Executive- Summits in Chicago, IL

I worked at marcus evans full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great sales training, ability to make lots of money. Only for those who are money motivated and love selling over the Phone! Need to make 100-150+ calls a day to be really successful initially.

Cons

Some of the managers tend to micro-manage their employees. Very competitive environment, some employees will do anything to step on other employees to get ahead. need to work more than 50 hours a week to really make good money.Poor work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Work harder on training the newbies, you did hire them to be successful. Keep in mind, that Everyone doesn't learn at the same pace.

marcus evans2015-12-13

"Learning experience for new sales staff"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at marcus evans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good sales training, 1 months entrance course Young team leaders who are relatable Excellent team building strategies Good base plus commission Hire college grads Meet quota can move to a team leader position International company

Cons

Management very distant Not everyone can go to events Non stop cold calling Open sales floor

marcus evans2014-07-29
  9. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Delegate Acquisition in Chicago, IL

I have been working at marcus evans full-time for more than a year

Pros

You receive TOP NOTCH sales training and experience in a variety of markets that can be benefical in many industries.

Cons

You have to be ready to work. If you are here for more than a few months, it is because you are good at what you do, and you work hard at it.

Advice to Management

Be stricter with new hires!

marcus evans2013-01-31

"Raw Sales Skills & Self-Development"

Former Employee - Strategic Sales Executive in Montreal, QC

I worked at marcus evans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very powerful sales training and process on how to influence people and decision making Personal, professional, and financial goals are set on a regular basis Open door policy - the office is one large sales - floor which creates collective energy throughout the day while reps are on the phone pitching Monthly incentives, competitions and rewards A very supportive management team - managers take a lot of time to train you and help you grow as an individual and improve your sales process.  If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are hungry to grow, and are not afraid to make mistakes, this is the place for you.

Cons

Base salary is not the best, but very aggressive commission structure. This is job is not for everyone - you have to be willing to constantly step out of your comfort zone everyday. Some people just can't take the heat and quit

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The 1 on 1 & group trainings I got here was invaluable

marcus evans2019-12-06
  11. "Challanging to close deals"

Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales in Barcelona

I worked at marcus evans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice professional and driven people. Sales training very helpful. You learn alot about various industries.

Cons

Gets repetitive cold calling all day.

Advice to Management

Fix your computers!

marcus evans2019-12-05