matrixx Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 24, 2018

3.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Found my home and my career!"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing Resources in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing Resources in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Wonderful culture, the staff are young (20-early 30's) and fresh. Everyone is exceptionally driven, talented, consistently challenging themselves and others - we work and play together. On days of celebration it is not foreign for us to drink champagne and sit in our massage chairs! We play music almost all day to keep it lively and go for coffee runs when it's time to pull some long hours for our clients. We pride ourselves on constantly being in-the-know in our industry and even better when we're ahead of the curve (which is actually quite often)! I've been in the Marketing and Advertising world for over a decade and I've just now found my home with matrixx. I find this to be both enjoyable and constantly requiring me to up my game - which is an amazing professional balance. In all facets (environment, pay, benefits, culture, work, life/work balance, stress levels, etc) this company is far above what I've seen in the agency industry. From flexible hours, to allowing us to work from home, competitive pay and supportive seniors, my job is an actual career that I look forward to participating in everyday.

Cons

I have absolutely no cons. I've been here for over a year and I am extremely happy.

2. "Campaign Specialist"

I have been working at matrixx full-time

Pros

Good intro into shopper marketing. Good place to build experience in the basics of social media marketing and search

Cons

Low pay. Minimal growth. Not very innovative in their strategies.

"Run Far Far Away"

Former Employee - Digital Account Coordinator in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Digital Account Coordinator in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at matrixx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a bathroom. There were massage chairs. There was breathable air. I did learn more about social media marketing

Cons

Everything else Constant lying-- to employees, to clients, to vendors. NO benefits-- NONE!

Advice to Management

This was a crazy, confusing place to work. The turnover is extremely high. They go through employees like nothing I have ever seen. I was lied to when I interviewed. Promised things that were never even GOING to happen-like profit sharing, like bonuses. We were all promised those things, and they were never intended to happen. It was talk to get you in the door. Blatant lying is disgusting and most compared notes and…