mgi recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "QA control"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had some great co-worker and understanding supervisor he was great!

Cons

Leadership is disrespectful, and rudely and are team members

Advice to Management

The leads that they need to watched closely, and need to listen to the employees opinions.

2. "Business experience"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at mgi recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in MGI you get a real world view of business. There is a lot of success for the recruitment consultants. Very high profile clients. Recruitment training is given and it works. Support from the marketing team is instrumental in the success of the recruiters. They are a good team. Good city centre location. public transport

Cons

Recruiting people to move to another country can be difficult at times. Target driven.

Advice to Management

Broaden the client base to vary what jobs are being recruited for.

"International Recruiter"

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you survive there, you can work anywhere

Cons

all of them. there is nothing good coming from that little place.

Advice to Management

Please give up, you have absolutely no clue about how to run a business

"Believe and Take Heed Of The Negative Reviews - The Positive Ones Are False"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro is that, after MGI, everything else is a walk in the park.

Cons

Management who have a zero grasp on reality, limited access to job boards, people rewarded for brown nosing rather than performance, ridiculous 'opportunities' to be recruited for - asking Dutch people (for example) to relocate to Romania for £400/month salary,. The salary you receive as a recruiter (IF you get it) is below to legal minimum wage of Ireland, in fact below most countries. Bonuses hahahaha - IF you (like me) somehow manage to hit your target, you have a 25% chance of getting paid your bonus and 75% chance of not getting it and being told that it's because nobody else hit their targets.
    Management regularly scream at employees, interns are unpaid, management regularly lose clients through their clueless approach - making it more difficult to reach your unrealistic targets. I interviewed for other recruitment positions after I left MGI, when they asked me about my recruitment experience, I said "I worked for MGI" - their response was "Oh Dear - no, we asked about your RECRUITMENT experience".. I cannot believe this joke of a company are still operating.. Believe me when I say that ALL positive reviews on here are falsifications. I have worked all around the world in many different industries, and have NEVER encountered anything like these guys. One month (after hitting target) I had to actually refuse to switch my computer on until someone paid me even my basic salary - I did, eventually, receive some cash (approx 33% of my salary) with the promise that the rest would follow, but not until AFTER they screamed at me for being unprofessional - of course, to be professional you need to get PAID - at that point I would have still qualified for the Olympics as an amateur.

Advice to Management

Admit defeat and get a job stacking shelves in Dunnes - THAT's your true level!

"Worst agency in Dublin"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a foreigner and you don't have any experience it might help for few months.

Cons

salaries below minimum legal when I was there few years ago.
    exploitation of workers
    lack of clients and resources, job boards etc which makes people to compete fiercely for the same positions with few candidates
    again, people is encourage to compete with no job distribution, etc. I saw real dramas, fights even physical! just a circus, unreal XD
    we were encourage to come over the weekends
    it wasn't positive to leave at your time
    one month we were not paid on time and we were told that it was our fault for not reaching the monthly targets
    Horrible atmosphere
    Not career progression
    Interns are exploited, not even paid

"Terrible Company. A perfect example of how to run a company into the ground."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really are no advantages when it comes to MGI. The only good thing going for them is that the HR Manager knows what she's doing. The rest of the management are useless.

Cons

The targets are unbelievably unrealistic. The salary is about 9000 less than what's required to live in Dublin. The management have no structure or strategy in place. I've never come across a management team who are so incompetent during my career. Interns are exploited and screamed at. The company has a really bad cash flow problem which means salaries and commission are guaranteed to be late every month.

Advice to Management

Close the company down. You're just making employees lives a misery.

"Worst professional experience I ever had! Shoking!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time

Pros

There are no pros. The only "positive" thing I can say about MGI is that if you survive in there you can survive in anywhere.

I cannot even call that place a company. There is no structure, the place is just a mess. People in management positions have no clue of what they are doing, they are just there to be screamed at by the CEO and then go and scream at the rest of employees.

There is no HR department, zero experience and notion about how to deal with people, it is unbelievable the situations I saw and lived there.

Employees have no support for all the humiliation situations that they are put through or anything.
    Unrealistic targets and extreme pressure to reach them. Please, don't take me wrong, I know that in most of jobs and companies there is pressure and so on, but MGI just knows how to do it by bullying and humiliating employees.

The atmosphere is horrible, everybody is tense and sad and management and "HR" try to hide it and even fake good reviews in pages like this one.

Things are treated in a very personal way, it is very uncomfortable. No professionalism at all.
    If someone decides to leave the company, automatically this person is an enemy, I was scared of what I lived there from the moment I informed that I was leaving. No ethic at all.
    I had to chase them a lot to be paid my last salary after I left the company and they just refuse to pay commissions.

Do not waste your time applying or trying to work for this company. Besides all of that, the salaries offered a very low and there are no benefits and totally no development. Commission structure is a joke.

Cons

Too many to list. The place is a big CON itself.

Advice to Management

Just give up, you have no clue how to run a business and deal with people. You also need to learn the meaning of the word RESPECT.

"Pathetic Company... Horrible Management"

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time

Pros

No prons... Only cons..

I completely agree with all the negative comments given by different former employees. 100% correct. MGI is such a waste of time. You have no scope to grow. managing director only gives false hope. No leadership skills, pathetic and horrible management, experts in screaming and shouting on employees. Humiliation is their key agenda. They are not selling, they are just yelling.

PLEASE NOTE CAREFULLY, 99% OF THE POSITIVE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN BY A COUPLE OF EXISTING EMPLOYEES WHO ARE TRYING TO SAVE THEIR JOB FOR SOMETIME....

Fake fake fake... Never believe on the hopes given by the management.... All FAKE.

Cons

0 rating. MGI needs to shut down.

Advice to Management

GROW UP. AND LEARN TO BEHAVE.

Forget about running a company... You all need to go back to school first to learn behaviour

9. "Mgi Learning experience for Intern"

Former Employee - International Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

Good young and energetic team
    Fast changing environment.
    Exposure to lots of different clients and candidates

Cons

Fast moving sales targets.
    Lots of business and not enough time

"Great Time as an Intern"

Pros

I can definitely recommend MGI Recruitment for an internship.

A huge plus are the people working at MGI Recruitment. Ever since my first contact with the HR department I have enjoyed working together with the Recruitment teams and the management. I have always felt appreciated and welcome at this company.

And while there is a strict schedule interns have to work to, there is enough room to learn several different things about the recruitment process.
    I am now back in my home country after the internship and have started to work as a working student at a recruitment company. For me, MGI Recruitment offered enough insights and positive memories to make me interested in persuing a similar career after the internship.
    I have written in the contra section that I can see that trying to work as a recruiter in the call-center sector can be hard. As a future employee you have to take that to heart and be prepared for days where you just won't find the right people for the right jobs. However, bad days happen in every business and the recruitment teams at MGI will always try their best to help each other out.

Cons

While I can understand the frustration of some people leaving negative reviews, I personally did not make negative experiences.
    The main problem for me seems to be that as a full-time employee working as a recruiter one has to deal with the frustration of trying to get people to go for (most of the time) call center jobs. Recruitment is all about finding fitting people for jobs and vise-versa. The call-center sector, however, is hard to sell as the most attracitve job offer out there.

Advice to Management

Maybe try and improve even more on the communication between management and recruiting teams. While there are meetings established, there have been one or two instances during my internship where new processes were introduced by the management to try and optimize the working efficiency. However, some of these changes did not really make sense from a recruiter's point of view and it might have been better to discuss these changes in one of the meetings.