mgi recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
mgi recruitment Managing Director Deirdre Meghen
Deirdre Meghen

"Terrible Company. A perfect example of how to run a company into the ground."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really are no advantages when it comes to MGI. The only good thing going for them is that the HR Manager knows what she's doing. The rest of the management are useless.

Cons

The targets are unbelievably unrealistic. The salary is about 9000 less than what's required to live in Dublin. The management have no structure or strategy in place. I've never come across a management team who are so incompetent during my career. Interns are exploited and screamed at. The company has a really bad cash flow problem which means salaries and commission are guaranteed to be late every month.

Advice to Management

Close the company down. You're just making employees lives a misery.

"Worst professional experience I ever had! Shoking!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time

Pros

There are no pros. The only "positive" thing I can say about MGI is that if you survive in there you can survive in anywhere.

I cannot even call that place a company. There is no structure, the place is just a mess. People in management positions have no clue of what they are doing, they are just there to be screamed at by the CEO and then go and scream at the rest of employees.

There is no HR department, zero experience and notion about how to deal with people, it is unbelievable the situations I saw and lived there.

Employees have no support for all the humiliation situations that they are put through or anything.
    Unrealistic targets and extreme pressure to reach them. Please, don't take me wrong, I know that in most of jobs and companies there is pressure and so on, but MGI just knows how to do it by bullying and humiliating employees.

The atmosphere is horrible, everybody is tense and sad and management and "HR" try to hide it and even fake good reviews in pages like this one.

Things are treated in a very personal way, it is very uncomfortable. No professionalism at all.
    If someone decides to leave the company, automatically this person is an enemy, I was scared of what I lived there from the moment I informed that I was leaving. No ethic at all.
    I had to chase them a lot to be paid my last salary after I left the company and they just refuse to pay commissions.

Do not waste your time applying or trying to work for this company. Besides all of that, the salaries offered a very low and there are no benefits and totally no development. Commission structure is a joke.

Cons

Too many to list. The place is a big CON itself.

Advice to Management

Just give up, you have no clue how to run a business and deal with people. You also need to learn the meaning of the word RESPECT.

"Pathetic Company... Horrible Management"

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time

Pros

No prons... Only cons..

I completely agree with all the negative comments given by different former employees. 100% correct. MGI is such a waste of time. You have no scope to grow. managing director only gives false hope. No leadership skills, pathetic and horrible management, experts in screaming and shouting on employees. Humiliation is their key agenda. They are not selling, they are just yelling.

PLEASE NOTE CAREFULLY, 99% OF THE POSITIVE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN BY A COUPLE OF EXISTING EMPLOYEES WHO ARE TRYING TO SAVE THEIR JOB FOR SOMETIME....

Fake fake fake... Never believe on the hopes given by the management.... All FAKE.

Cons

0 rating. MGI needs to shut down.

Advice to Management

GROW UP. AND LEARN TO BEHAVE.

Forget about running a company... You all need to go back to school first to learn behaviour

5. "Mgi Learning experience for Intern"

Former Employee - International Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - International Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

Good young and energetic team
    Fast changing environment.
    Exposure to lots of different clients and candidates

Cons

Fast moving sales targets.
    Lots of business and not enough time

6. "Great Time as an Intern"

Pros

I can definitely recommend MGI Recruitment for an internship.

A huge plus are the people working at MGI Recruitment. Ever since my first contact with the HR department I have enjoyed working together with the Recruitment teams and the management. I have always felt appreciated and welcome at this company.

And while there is a strict schedule interns have to work to, there is enough room to learn several different things about the recruitment process.
    I am now back in my home country after the internship and have started to work as a working student at a recruitment company. For me, MGI Recruitment offered enough insights and positive memories to make me interested in persuing a similar career after the internship.
    I have written in the contra section that I can see that trying to work as a recruiter in the call-center sector can be hard. As a future employee you have to take that to heart and be prepared for days where you just won't find the right people for the right jobs. However, bad days happen in every business and the recruitment teams at MGI will always try their best to help each other out.

Cons

While I can understand the frustration of some people leaving negative reviews, I personally did not make negative experiences.
    The main problem for me seems to be that as a full-time employee working as a recruiter one has to deal with the frustration of trying to get people to go for (most of the time) call center jobs. Recruitment is all about finding fitting people for jobs and vise-versa. The call-center sector, however, is hard to sell as the most attracitve job offer out there.

Advice to Management

Maybe try and improve even more on the communication between management and recruiting teams. While there are meetings established, there have been one or two instances during my internship where new processes were introduced by the management to try and optimize the working efficiency. However, some of these changes did not really make sense from a recruiter's point of view and it might have been better to discuss these changes in one of the meetings.

"Cannot Believe People Actually Giving This Place Good Reviews"

Former Employee - Recruitment Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great and shining example on how NOT to run a business

Cons

Where to begin? During the interview process, I was promised that I would be working with some, ahem, 'top, top Global clients' - the reality is a call centre in Greece that pays below minimum wage, a call centre in Bucharest that pays below what is required to live there.. Any clients that could ever be considered slightly interesting to work with were quickly lost due the their fantastic people skills - talking to them like naughty schoolchildren when they didn't do as MGI management wanted.
    I read one review here saying "the job is tough, you can either do it or not, THAT is life, THAT is work".. No it's not! I came there with a strong sales background and, during my time there, I never missed a target - no matter how unrealistic they were getting through the reduced opportunities - opportunities that were reduced not by a fluctuating economy and job market, but by the management's inability to manage a relationship with a client. The salary (if you can call it that) is about 7,000 euros below the minimum that you need to live in Dublin. I remember my first month, I had to refuse to work until they gave me my salary - which was already 2 weeks late (common practice apparently) - sure enough, I had it in cash within the hour.
    The targets are set at around 20,000 euros in fees/month - not extreme, I hear you say, but the average fee is 500-1500 euro, which means, you have to convince around 20 German, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian people to relocate to a foreign country for pittance of a salary EVERY MONTH.
    I worked there for around 6 months, during which time, I witnessed some horrific atrocities, interns getting screamed at - people who have relocated to Dublin from different countries, young people who just wanted some work experience, working for free - having some crazy middleaged Irish woman scream in their faces for no good reason - if that was my first work experience, then I would probably just stay unemployed my whole life! In 6 months, I saw 15 (FIFTEEN) people either get fired or quit for stress related reasons - the stress not related to the ridiculous targets, but to the insanity of the management.
    I saw good performers (myself included) get screamed at and chastised, and hopeless performers get promoted.. Colleagues, so paranoid about their position in the company that only speak to you to try and get some information that they can report back to the psycho dragon to try and increase their standing.
    Reading the further reports, I see that nothing has changed - I have no reason to lie - I was highly successful before I went there, I hit my targets when I was there (she STILL owes me my last salary and bonus btw), and I have continued to be highly successful since I left.. Those good reports, I GUARANTEE you, have either been put their herself, or people are just lying..
    This is not a good place to work, it is not a good opportunity, if MGI get in touch don't reply to the email, don't pick up the phone.. The only, ahem, 'positive' I can take from it is that it is living proof that 'what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger', but to risk it for the compensation they give you is too much of a gamble.

Advice to Management

Stay at home, have a cup of tea, and appreciate that you have no temperament for business

"Safe yourself the time and don't even apply!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn how to work under pressure, HR manager seems to be the only one knowing what to do.

Cons

Save yourself the trouble and do not go to this Company. Managing Director, Recruitment managers are disrespectful and do not talk to you like a human being more like a slave. Salary is lower than minimum wage and they try to threaten and scare you into never leaving MGI. Managers promise Clients unrealistic things so they get money to the company and when things go to S**** the recruiters are to blame and not themselfs. In the space of 2 months already 5 people have left. Safe yourself the trouble because I guarantee you there is better companies out there

Advice to Management

Not even any point giving ' advice' to management as they are so UP THEMSELVES that they think they know it all when they know NOTHING and I guarantee within the next few months MGI will be gone and loose all their clients.

"Good working atmosphere"

Pros

Amazing team where you can find new friends. Through numerous social activities as a team you turn into a small family. The job is never the same and one day can't be similar to the previous one. You learn to understand various english accents and as well improve your language skills.

Cons

Management needs more organisation. The team is constantly changing: people are coming and going frequently which makes it very hard to get used to someone.

Advice to Management

Plan everything better, treat your employees better so they don't run away from you!

"Excellent Experience"

Former Employee - Recruitment Assistant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Assistant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Location, Excellent Team, Realistic Targets, Helpful HR, Great Facilities.
    I had a great time working in MGI Recruitment. From my first impression, all was great. I was greeted by a friendly smile at the door, taken for interview where I was given fresh coffee and treats. The interview was a challenge but I'm happy that I was selected.
    Day to day activities were kept interesting... I was never bored. It was a nice difference working in a company which always had happy smiling faces!

Cons

More space needed, this place is growing! I suggest you knock in next door and expand the area :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! If everybody had a great experience like mine then you're doing excellent things!

"Dynamic Marketing Department"

Former Employee - Advertising Assistant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Advertising Assistant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at mgi recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined MGI in April 2015 for an Advertising Internship with their Marketing and Advertising Manager. As I came from Germany I was a little apprehensive about moving abroad. Luckily, my manager was a great guy who made my experience so rewarding.
    On my first day I arrived to find a disk with a bag of gifts waiting for me, I knew this was a good sign. I worked in a separate office from the Sales team which mean the Manager and the rest of the team could really get brain storming and creative... We really had a good atmosphere.
    His style of management was a little different from what I was used to, he led me more than managing me. In fact, every day in MGI seemed to be better than the day before... I was always learning!
    I was given a varied and challenging work load and it was okay if I made mistakes, I always felt appreciated and valued.
    Unlike a lot of other internships, I was given rent allowance so the company paid for my accommodation in Dublin! This was a great perk.
    I was sorry to leave MGI as I learned so much and would love to be considered for a permanent role in the future. Thumbs up for everyone!

Cons

Sometimes I got distracted with the fact that everyone was so friendly (this isn't normal for Germany) but I learned that this is an Irish attitude.
    The breaks were very short for 45mins.

Advice to Management

Keep your Advertising and Marketing Manager! He is a great guy :) I can't wait to be considered for a permanent role in the future!