myList Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 16, 2017

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great ideas, missed timing"

Former Employee - Client Support in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Client Support in Orlando, FL

I worked at myList full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, lots of opportunities to learn and grow, cool to be able to grow something basically from scratch, free food :-)

Cons

Sometimes focus jumped around, and we were a little behind or ahead of the market all the time.

Advice to Management

Thanks for creating a team that really supported each other. Although ultimately it didn't go our way, we all learned a ton.

2. "Such a fun, innovative and educational environment that gives me all the room to grow as a person and as a businessman."

Former Intern - Marketing and Product Managing Inern
    Former Intern - Marketing and Product Managing Inern

I worked at myList as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You get tons of freedom to express your ideas and opinions. A very team oriented environment and the most transparent company I have ever seen with their employees. They trained me in every aspect of the business that I was interested in and answered all of my questions. Everyone is extremely helpful and friendly. As a intern, I was allowed to sit in on company meetings, client success reviews, and an opportunity to sit at a table all day with the CEO, CMO, and the COO. Could you ask for a better experience? It basically emulates what I want my dream job to be. I get to start my day out by walking into a fully stocked pantry with great healthy snacks ranging from bananas to kale chips and several fully stocked drink coolers. "Hmmm maybe I'll have a water or maybe an apple juice?" I then take my food and bring it to the circle of bean bags, where I sit right next to the CMO of the company. Yes, I said bean bags! There's a conference room that i can work in and be across from the CEO and the COO, where I get to listen and learn how a true start-up business in ran. Management is willing to listen to ideas and suggestions, while also happy to answer all of my questions. If you get a job at this company, you'll never want to leave!

Cons

I really can't think of a con for this company. I'm trying to think of an area or aspect where they could use improvement and it's extremely tough. They have experienced professionals that have already made a successful business. The leadership is transparent with the entire company and willing to hear ideas from every employee.You have free snacks and drinks! They truly do a great job.

Advice to Management

My only advise would be to not change a thing. They know what they're doing. They've already succeeded in this field and know exactly what to do. Yes, there are always bumps in the road, but they know how to quickly and easily solve any problems.

3. "A good learning experience in a doomed company."

I worked at myList full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generally good people in nice office space. Schedules were flexible and there was a lot of opportunity to learn new things.

Cons

Continuous changes of direction without any clear vision of what the product was supposed to do and how revenues would be generated. Lots of internal politics that kept people from performing to their full ability.

Advice to Management

Learn to focus and execute on one thing.

5. "Lots of amazing perks/benefits."

I have been working at myList full-time

Pros

Great benefits for employees and their families. Very health conscious and encourages everyone not matter where they are to be healthy.

Intro into more cool/newer technologies and hardware.

Always something new.

Cons

No real long term career opportunities. Once you're in a position, you're stuck.

Advice to Management

Listen to the user
    Focus on getting better before trying to get bigger
    Put emphasis on quality

6. "Freedom"

I have been working at myList full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No micro managers
    Flexible work hours and schedule, very family friendly
    An employee can choose to work out of any one of the two office locations in Celebration FL or PHX
    All employees get exposed to the entire software development cycle, meetings are open door and anyone can attend and sit in or just be a fly on the wall.
    Management ties to implement certain things to foster creativity
    Fun, small group of people, many of which are into being fit and healthy
    Kitchen is fully furnished with fresh fruits, a ton of snacks and anything you can think of to drink, all at no cost to the employee!

Cons

Location: 85% of employees don't live anywhere near Celebration