netPolarity Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Haixia Zhang

Pros
  • The MARS training program is top flight, with a long history of trainers who have gone on to be presenters at major recruiting and sourcing conferences (in 10 reviews)

• netPolarity has launched some amazing careers (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot of the account managers work almost exclusively out of office and are generally unresponsive so you are on your own (in 9 reviews)

• There is very little room for growth, and there is an extremely high turnover rate (in 4 reviews)

1. "HR Specialist"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at netPolarity (More than a year)

Pros

The staff I worked with in were very friendly and efficient in getting me on board.

Cons

They were not able to help me find a permanent position. And they did lose some of my paperwork and called me almost a year later for it.

2. "Stolen W2"

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None to mention that would be good

Cons

This company allowed my w2 forms to be stolen.

Advice to Management

Please go out of business. Your company allowed a criminal to steal my w2 forms and now I cant get work. Ruined my career!

netPolarity Response

Apr 21, 2017 – President

We are truly sorry this incident occurred and sincerely regret any inconvenience it may have caused you. We have taken the necessary steps to provide credit monitoring and identity protection ... More

"netPolarity is a great learning ground"

Former Employee - Full-Cycle Recruiter in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Full-Cycle Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I worked at netPolarity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

netPolarity has launched some amazing careers. It is an excellent place to get started in sourcing and recruiting. I've read some slamming reviews from others about netPolarity and the reality is that being successful in the industry is not going to be easy. Many who try simply never make it and end up bitter. But I look at all of those who worked at netPolarity and went on to amazing careers at Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Uber, Yahoo, VMware, Qualcomm, Samsung, Tesla, Netflix and other notable Fortune 500 companies.

As far as the income you can make at netPolarity, everybody starts off with zero candidates because you're new. You receive a month long training program before you start finding and calling prospects... and then you get to work. I simply plugged into their system, applied my skills and worked hard to help people find jobs. To anyone with the desire to learn and succeed, netPolarity is an amazing place to launch your career in this industry. Can you make 6 figures? Absolutely. Can you throw up your hands and say you can't do it and give up? Sure, but why would you do so? Be a continual learner, stay focused and work. If you're looking to clock in at 8:30 and clock out at 5:30, this industry may not be for you. At times, it calls for extraordinary effort and time commitment. Genuinely help job prospects and be diligent. Set the example. Those who went to netPolarity and moved on... we share a common bond. Don't expect anything to be easy or given to you. But know that others before you have become very successful as a result of what they learned and accomplished at netPolarity.

Cons

You have to work... hard. You must meet metrics... daily.

Advice to Management

Be more open to work/life balance. Turn netPolarity.com into a public job portal. Be known to the public (not just the industry) as a place to find a job with Fortune 500 firms.

5. "Contract tech writer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at netPolarity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Their paychecks always arrived on time.

Cons

Communication with them was non-existent. But on the other hand, they mostly left me alone.

Advice to Management

Have your account reps contact the people they've placed more than once a year.

"The best place to learn the job."

Former Employee - Technical Sourcer in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Sourcer in Campbell, CA

I worked at netPolarity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I come to netPolarity I had no idea what staffing, recruiting or sourcing was. The training, and work environment taught and developed my skills to become very knowledgeable in the industry and open many doors.

If you are interested in the staffing world, there is no better place learn how to source, recruit and engage with potential job candidates.

The MARS training program is top flight, with a long history of trainers who have gone on to be presenters at major recruiting and sourcing conferences. The training program is fast paced and consists of a lot of technical and practical information along with real life practice and role playing. You will learn about the important technologies and the skills to be a good sourcer and recruiter. You will not get this level of training or learning support for people new to the industry anywhere else. The class will take a good amount of study to pass and complete.

You will work in a close team environment with for the most part smart hardworking people. For the most party people are nice and friendly.

The agency side of recruiting, is where the money is at. In a years time you can easily 2-3x your salary as a recruiter.

With the high number of very large clients you will experience a greater variety of job reqs sooner than you will in other agencies.

HR/Accounting and non management leads are great in their roles and very helpful.

Cons

You get what you pay for. As an entry level position with entry level pay, not all your coworkers are working at the same level. Some will work hard and knock it out of the park, some will work hard and still struggle, others will just not be a performance or effort level fit. Some will not yet understand business decorum.

A good sourcers will not make as munch money as a good recruiter. The commission rate is much lower, but the work load is generally much lower also.

There are metrics and for the most part they need to regularly be met. If you can not meet them regularly then you will encounter difficulties being successful and possible performance improvement plans.

But a bad day is not reason to worry, people have them and difficulties are understood if they are communicated in advanced .

There is a lot of turn over, about 50/50 on people being let go for performance and people taking a new recruiting position elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Find a way to increase entry level pay. Otherwise the talent pool will not grow. Management may have to take a hit to their slice of the pie to afford better employees. But with better or longer tenured ,employees you can bake an even bigger better pie.

Trust your longer tenured employees and be active in keeping them. Don't wait for incentive issues to arise before trying to correct. Allow them to grow, give them opportunities, and let them run with it. Trust in their abilities.

"I learned a lot but I did not like the work environment"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA

Pros

The class is excellent. You learn so much in such a short amount of time. Everything you learn in the class is extremely relevant to technical and recruiting concepts you must understand to be a good tech recruiter.

If you do well, the commission structure is not bad. You should be matching your salary through commission after a year, otherwise you're probably not doing very well.

Cons

The work environment is not good. There always seems to be at least one dog in the office and the place has begun to stink. A lot of the account managers work almost exclusively out of office and are generally unresponsive so you are on your own.

There is very little room for growth, and there is an extremely high turnover rate. If you make it past your first year, you are likely to be one of the most senior members on your team.

"You get back what you put in! Great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being trained by the best people in the industry. They trained teams at apple and facebook, they can train you, too. The opportunities will arrive in just 12 months of work. What a amazing opportunity to springboard into the world of recruiting. Look at all the people that have been trained by netPolarity and are now at the best companies in the world.

Cons

Hard work, and you can not be afraid to pick up the phone and make 60 calls a day. You have to have a thick skin and handle rejection well.
    netPolarity can take you from pouring coffee to working at Google and making six figures in two years.

Advice to Management

Make it easier to get bonuses, and give them out bi weekly. It is very difficult to wait months to get any type of commissions.

"Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership and inviting company culture with the one on one mentoring. Great start to a career in technical recruiting.

Cons

If you don't like to be on the phones and/or be in sales role. This position is not for you.

"Tech Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly but too busy to care about one another

Cons

Lack of training molecules and managers are too impatient to train properly. Everything is about money.

Advice to Management

Have better training materials.

"Network Support Engineer"

Current Employee - Support Network Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Support Network Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at netPolarity (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for and make decent income

Cons

No vacation and no holidays pay

Advice to Management

More benefits to attract talent emplyees