netPolarity Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Haixia Zhang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You receive a month long training program before you start finding and calling prospects" (in 11 reviews)

• "NetPolarity is a great company to work for" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Incredibly high turnover and close to zero employee retention" (in 6 reviews)

• "Flawed business model that upper management is either too close-minded or stubborn to change" (in 5 reviews)

"Do you have what it takes?"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company truly cares and wants their employees to be successful and to be proud. It pains me to see that some people don't see it that way because they weren't able to make it to the top but just like everything else in life; all things that are valuable and good are always hard at first. Hard work pays off and you will definitely be put to the test within their standards. If you were hired within the company and have passed their rigorous screening process; then they saw something valuable and enough potential in you to hire you so I think that with every opportunity, there is an investment and that is given to you and it's up to you to make it successful. Their training is superb but not all can do it but that those that have passion; will eventually get it. The Pros are that you will "LEARN A LOT" and you will get exposed to all kinds of technical training and connections for sure. Again, if you like working with technology and working with people and helping people find jobs while working with professionals and top notch companies; then this opportunity is a good one for you.

Cons

The entry level pay is a little low but keep in mind that this is an investment for your career path and step into the recruiting world. Once you get pass the entry level path and get converted and start making some hires; your commission is uncapped and you can eventually either get promoted or start making some placements and earning your "guaranteed bonus reward." So the only con thing is that you will just need to work hard and be patient.

Advice to Management

Gym membership to employees.

"Not a great place to work"

I worked at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can only think of two pros.
    - You get weekends and holidays off.
    - If you can live with the pay and the stress, just get the experience so you can leave to a better company as soon as you can.

Cons

-Really low pay.
    -Cut-Throat environment. People get let go very often.
    -Really high metrics they want you to hit everyday.
    -Stubborn and unsupportive management.
    -Any 5 star reviews on here are written by NetPolarity's marketing person.

"Dont work here"

I worked at netPolarity full-time

Pros

Bagels every other friday
    Ice cream

Cons

Not enough cream cheese flavors
    Always running out of coco puffs
    Dirty water
    Micromanagement

Advice to Management

Close your doors

"Technical Recruiter"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Campbell, CA

I worked at netPolarity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a place for Jr. Level or no experience candidates to learn how to submit resumes only.

Cons

It's better that you take the sourcing job because sourcing in this company provides the recruiter with resumes. The sourcing pulls the strings on recruiters, tells recruiters what to do. Wait, shouldn't that be the other way around? This employer treats sourcers so much better then recruiters. Recruiters are just robots submitting resumes. This is a sweat shop. Envision a assembly line sweat shop in China. Exactly like that. If you like blue collar work and if you are ok with being a robot where you call, hit a button and submit then this is for you. You cannot learn as much as you should because they slam you with requirements up the ying yang. You walk out of that office stress and no support. It doesn't matter how much you fill, the next month if you don't produce, you are on the sh*t list. Go here to source, not recruit if you have to. They treat sourcers better. Recruiters are disposable. Salary is cheap, non competitive. It is also a boys club. 1 year is all you need if you must work here and there's nothing left out there. Be a sourcer, learn and get out.

"Honest Review"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I worked at netPolarity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

casual dress code, music is on 24/7, mars training program

Cons

no growth opportunities, aggressive targets, highly stressed employees, below market pay-rates

Advice to Management

Change comes when you make bold decisions. Small businesses like Netpolarity cannot take bold steps because you are putting everything at stake. I can tell you one thing; people are your biggest resource. You take care of them, they will take care of your business. If they are miserable at work and highly stressed then they will leave and this will go on and on... till you realize it is affecting the business.

"Pay your dues..."

I have been working at netPolarity full-time

Pros

gets you experience. and will lead you to your next job.

Cons

no growth. Limited exposure to tooling. very limited opportunities internally.

"Join if you feel you have tenacity for recruiting but don't know where to start."

Former Employee - Tech Recruiter
    Former Employee - Tech Recruiter

I worked at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's always interesting to see polarized reviews about netPo. I had some of my biggest struggles and greatest success stories there. I made some of my best friends there, probably because we went through the same struggles. We knew we were there to make mistakes, learn how to prioritize, and try to be the best. It pains me to see the opposite, people victimizing their experience only to move on to a more senior position. Maybe it's a generational gap but it seems weird the trend is disavowing the company that set a path to your new recruiting position. I am not discrediting their experience but am confused about the disconnect between what has been said versus the subsequent actions.

I would recommend joining the family if you're serious. Serious about a career in recruiting. You are not going to be provided all the answers nor guaranteed success but what you do get is an environment to test yourself. Self-motivation and a sense of creativity are going to be key to grooming yourself to be a smart savvy recruiter ultimately preparing your career path. Similarly to any job you're responsible for how little or how much you get out of your job. I and countless others did it I don't see why others can't do the same.

Cons

Decisions and processes are bottlenecked though upper management.

Advice to Management

Open another location in order to have more voices in business decisions. It always seemed like netPolarity wanted to be a lot bigger than it actually was.

netPolarity Response

Nov 1, 2017 – President

Thank you for your accurate depiction of what working at netPolarity is like. Our environment is tough and success is hard-earned. This is precisely why the netPolarity alumni brand is highly... More

"Technical Recruiter"

I have been working at netPolarity full-time

Pros

-You can dress in sweatpants/sweatshirt and they consider it appropriate

Cons

-extremely low pay
    -threatens to fire people on a weekly basis
    -high turnover
    -no room for growth
    -management is not open to suggestions to improve the company
    -managers are cheap
    -if someone quits, they want you to leave that day

Advice to Management

Be open minded to change in order to better your company.

netPolarity Response

Nov 16, 2017 – President

It is unfortunate that the one positive thing you see about working at netPolarity is our relaxed dress code.

We pay entry level wages for entry level positions - this has always been the case... More

"Honest review"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Team dynamics
    -Good stepping stone company if you wish to pursue a career in staffing

Cons

-Little to no internal career growth
    -Low compensation (After graduating from the training class and conversion after 2 hires, the $11/hour turns into 30k base salary with recruiters commission @ 7.5% and sourcers commission @ 3.5%)
    -Questionable business practices/ethics
    -Flawed business model that upper management is either too close-minded or stubborn to change
    -Incredibly high turnover and close to zero employee retention. There are only a handful of recruiters/sourcers who have been there for 1+ years

Advice to Management

-Be accountable. Realize that upper management is the sole root of the problem and stop pointing blame at everything/everyone else
    -Start genuinely caring about the well-being of your staff. You can preach this through every mass email and have as many all-hands/1:1 meetings as you want, but actions speak much louder than words
    -Change your business model and shift your focus to retaining AND investing in your employees rather than recruiting a new training class
    -Raise the base salary, increase commission, provide growth opportunities (not simply switching teams) for employees who have proven to be assets to the company.

Granted, high turnover in sales is inevitable... But if having to terminate 24 of your employees (and counting) in a 3-month span is not a huge wake up call, then I don't know what is. Usually employees leave for better opportunities, but some of your best employees have left simply because they are unhappy with netPolarity's business model. Something definitely needs to change.

"Super Cheap"

I worked at netPolarity full-time

Pros

Bagels every other friday and super good MARS training

Cons

cheap, lacks tact, doesnt fix problems

Advice to Management

funny how you have all the time to retort to the reviews instead of actually taking into consideration what your staff - current and former - are saying. Just validates some of the things people have reviewed you for