netPolarity Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Haixia Zhang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You receive a month long training program before you start finding and calling prospects (in 10 reviews)

• NetPolarity is a great company to work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot of the account managers work almost exclusively out of office and are generally unresponsive so you are on your own (in 10 reviews)

• Incredibly high turnover and close to zero employee retention (in 6 reviews)

"Do you have what it takes?"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company truly cares and wants their employees to be successful and to be proud. It pains me to see that some people don't see it that way because they weren't able to make it to the top but just like everything else in life; all things that are valuable and good are always hard at first. Hard work pays off and you will definitely be put to the test within their standards. If you were hired within the company and have passed their rigorous screening process; then they saw something valuable and enough potential in you to hire you so I think that with every opportunity, there is an investment and that is given to you and it's up to you to make it successful. Their training is superb but not all can do it but that those that have passion; will eventually get it. The Pros are that you will "LEARN A LOT" and you will get exposed to all kinds of technical training and connections for sure. Again, if you like working with technology and working with people and helping people find jobs while working with professionals and top notch companies; then this opportunity is a good one for you.

Cons

The entry level pay is a little low but keep in mind that this is an investment for your career path and step into the recruiting world. Once you get pass the entry level path and get converted and start making some hires; your commission is uncapped and you can eventually either get promoted or start making some placements and earning your "guaranteed bonus reward." So the only con thing is that you will just need to work hard and be patient.

Advice to Management

Gym membership to employees.

2. "Pay your dues..."

I have been working at netPolarity full-time

Pros

gets you experience. and will lead you to your next job.

Cons

no growth. Limited exposure to tooling. very limited opportunities internally.

"Join if you feel you have tenacity for recruiting but don't know where to start."

Former Employee - Tech Recruiter
    Former Employee - Tech Recruiter

I worked at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's always interesting to see polarized reviews about netPo. I had some of my biggest struggles and greatest success stories there. I made some of my best friends there, probably because we went through the same struggles. We knew we were there to make mistakes, learn how to prioritize, and try to be the best. It pains me to see the opposite, people victimizing their experience only to move on to a more senior position. Maybe it's a generational gap but it seems weird the trend is disavowing the company that set a path to your new recruiting position. I am not discrediting their experience but am confused about the disconnect between what has been said versus the subsequent actions.

I would recommend joining the family if you're serious. Serious about a career in recruiting. You are not going to be provided all the answers nor guaranteed success but what you do get is an environment to test yourself. Self-motivation and a sense of creativity are going to be key to grooming yourself to be a smart savvy recruiter ultimately preparing your career path. Similarly to any job you're responsible for how little or how much you get out of your job. I and countless others did it I don't see why others can't do the same.

Cons

Decisions and processes are bottlenecked though upper management.

Advice to Management

Open another location in order to have more voices in business decisions. It always seemed like netPolarity wanted to be a lot bigger than it actually was.

Nov 1, 2017 – President

Thank you for your accurate depiction of what working at netPolarity is like. Our environment is tough and success is hard-earned. This is precisely why the netPolarity alumni brand is highly... More

"Technical Recruiter"

I have been working at netPolarity full-time

Pros

-You can dress in sweatpants/sweatshirt and they consider it appropriate

Cons

-extremely low pay
    -threatens to fire people on a weekly basis
    -high turnover
    -no room for growth
    -management is not open to suggestions to improve the company
    -managers are cheap
    -if someone quits, they want you to leave that day

Advice to Management

Be open minded to change in order to better your company.

Nov 16, 2017 – President

It is unfortunate that the one positive thing you see about working at netPolarity is our relaxed dress code.

We pay entry level wages for entry level positions - this has always been the case... More

"Honest review"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Team dynamics
    -Good stepping stone company if you wish to pursue a career in staffing

Cons

-Little to no internal career growth
    -Low compensation (After graduating from the training class and conversion after 2 hires, the $11/hour turns into 30k base salary with recruiters commission @ 7.5% and sourcers commission @ 3.5%)
    -Questionable business practices/ethics
    -Flawed business model that upper management is either too close-minded or stubborn to change
    -Incredibly high turnover and close to zero employee retention. There are only a handful of recruiters/sourcers who have been there for 1+ years

Advice to Management

-Be accountable. Realize that upper management is the sole root of the problem and stop pointing blame at everything/everyone else
    -Start genuinely caring about the well-being of your staff. You can preach this through every mass email and have as many all-hands/1:1 meetings as you want, but actions speak much louder than words
    -Change your business model and shift your focus to retaining AND investing in your employees rather than recruiting a new training class
    -Raise the base salary, increase commission, provide growth opportunities (not simply switching teams) for employees who have proven to be assets to the company.

Granted, high turnover in sales is inevitable... But if having to terminate 24 of your employees (and counting) in a 3-month span is not a huge wake up call, then I don't know what is. Usually employees leave for better opportunities, but some of your best employees have left simply because they are unhappy with netPolarity's business model. Something definitely needs to change.

"Super Cheap"

I worked at netPolarity full-time

Pros

Bagels every other friday and super good MARS training

Cons

cheap, lacks tact, doesnt fix problems

Advice to Management

funny how you have all the time to retort to the reviews instead of actually taking into consideration what your staff - current and former - are saying. Just validates some of the things people have reviewed you for

"NetPolarity"

Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience working with NetPolarity has been outstanding! I've never worked for a company that does so much for there employees. I look forward to coming into work because I get to learn something new every single day! Not only that but my coworkers are what light up my day! They are so full of life and giggles, there is not a day that goes by were they don't make me laugh. NetPolarity is not just any other staffing agencie, we are family who encourages each other to excel, succeed, grow and thrive for new opportunities.

Cons

At the moment I don't have any downsides

"Truly Valuable Company!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for a company that teaches you all the tools and resources in order to be successful is what makes NetPolarity so successful. Some make it and some don't and Those don't make it happen; can't blame the company because it's what you do with the training and your skills and persistence that will take you far. It's sales and it's a people business and you gotta know how to deal with it. If you were offered a job here; it's because they saw something in you that had potential. I enjoy coming to work everyday because everyone is professional and knows what needs to be done. People who work here have to be goal-oriented and competitive. It's a great company!

Cons

I wish they had a gym membership benefit. For those that need a good way of staying healthy and motivated. This benefit could also help team morale and team building in another way.

Advice to Management

So far I am impressed with the communication given from top down on the culture shift of doing better everyday for our company. They have an open door policy.

"Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people that I work with and great opportunity to start your career in recruiting

Cons

compensations can be improved for employees

"Please - do yourself a favor and do not work here"

I worked at netPolarity full-time

Pros

The 5 star reviews have pointed out the "pros" of working there. Which only happen to 1/3 of the employees - or the lucky ones.

Cons

I am writing this review to warn anyone who is considering becoming a part of netPolarity, This is one of the most unhealthy working environments I have ever experienced. If you work well with fear based management, and don't mind if managers do not respect you - this may be the place for you. Otherwise, find a job elsewhere. I agree with the last 1 star detailed post - they hire ANYONE who is competent and well spoken. They want to make money off you, and do not think you should be rewarded for all the hard work you put in (paying $14/hr before taxes to people with college degrees and decent work experience) . They also have no faith in you, and think that threatening your employment will somehow make you get hires and continue working there. Your overall satisfaction means NOTHING to them. There are better companies out there who value their employees and want you to be (generally) happy.

To David, who is going to respond to this, and try and defend his company that is dwindling year after year - all the feedback that you receive does not have to make sense to you or management. It is your employees' opinions, and they have a right to tell you what they think after what you put them through. It is quite sad because we all see the good side in you. However, you don't want to improve and you obviously don't value feedback since you will never change your ways. Do not say you want to hear what we have to say, when you fire anyone who disagrees with you. Try to learn Process Improvement and overall respect for those beneath you.

To future employees who do decide to take this job because you can't find anything else - just be careful. Everyone at netPolarity eventually gets fired, unless you suck up to management and find ways to work well with the CEO and President. They either pull you into meetings and tell you you have to improve - or else. They give you ridiculous metrics to meet, and change these metrics with each individual (based on if you have had 1+ hires). The other method they have to fire people - if they know you are looking for a new job, they will let you go then and there. They do not meet with you to discuss anything, they simply inform you to not come back. This kind of treatment needs to stop and I hope this staffing agency goes out of business. The fake reviews need to stop as well - it is extremely unethical.

Advice to Management

Pay $15 an hour instead of $14.

Sep 1, 2017 – President

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you expect me to respond; I take the time to do this to encourage feedback.

It’s widely known that we hire anyone who is competent and... More