Cover image for onPeak

onPeak

Is this your company?

onPeak

Add a Review

onPeak Employee Reviews about "onpeak"

Updated Jan 24, 2021

3.6
onPeak President and Chief Executive Officer, Viad Steve Moster
Steve Moster

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great Culture and fun to work(in 4 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "onpeak"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good company with great workers

Jan 24, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training is very detailed. You have one on one meetings with your boss to go over your accounts and any questions/issues that you might have. Your coworkers become more than just your colleagues. We helped each other out as we applaud for each others success. We had team outings and celebrations. Working from home several days a week was a plus. Some accounts required the AE to travel which is always a perk with the job. I received praise from internal employees as well as from clients throughout my years at onPeak.

Cons

You will have issues arise abruptly with your account/show which will require you to stop what you were doing and immediately take care of the situation. These issues are not by onPeak ( more so on the hotel's side or on the clients side but still affects your job). You need to be able to work under pressure, keep your cool, and be very organized so that nothing falls between the cracks with your other shows at the same time. Do not be surprise if you are working past your 8hrs during busy season or when an issue arises.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

great company to work for

Jun 1, 2018 - Exhibitor and Group Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very welcoming team. Work from home The executives and directors actually care about you as a person Fun company outings Travel for work Awesome company culture Summer Fridays

Cons

The only con I have is that I wish the position paid more. Other than that I think this is an amazing company to work for. onPeak has some of the best company culture I have ever seen.

onPeak Response

Thanks for the 5 stars! We truly value our team and strive to offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Based on your feedback, we are going to host lunch & learn meetings with the other departments to share all of the great work that the EGA/GSA’s are doing. Nicole Director, Exhibitor & Group Services

3. Join the onPeak team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee

World Class Nightmare

Jun 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health benefits nd vacation time

Cons

1. Nothing cohesive between departments 2. Very high school click mode 3. More Gossip than reality TV 4. Turnover rate high 5. Lack of cummication between anyone 6. Disconnect between managers and employees 7. Questionable business practices 8. Untrustworthy upper management 9. Inability to create an environment of inclusion and understanding 10. Too much focus on the bottom line and not enough investment in employee satisfaction 11. Employee development is non existant. 12. Company tools are outdated and lackluster 13. Workload does not match the pay rate. 14. The right hand (onpeak) doesn’t know what the left hand (GES) is doing and it creates unnecessary conflicts

3 people found this review helpful

onPeak Response

Thank you for your comments. Without providing us your name or the department you previously worked in, it is difficult for us to address your personal concerns. With outstanding ratings for employee satisfaction across the company, your comments do not match up and would indicate a mismatch for onPeak. We are all proud to be a part of the onPeak team and we work hard to reward all deserving employees. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Nov 11, 2016 - Exhibitor and Groups Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loyal company. I recently had a health emergency and onPeak stood by me in full support. Their biggest concern wasn't time missed, it was my health. That was great to see from a big company. They value their employees. My director was in contact wishing me well during the entire process. Employees can work from home which cuts down on cost of travel. Upper management is very accessible and genuinely cares what employees thoughts and concerns are.

Cons

None so far. I have not come across a decision or practice that I didn't agree with.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for!

Nov 13, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

onPeak has a stellar culture, a casual dress code, and opportunities for growth within the organization. Even with recent growth from a small to medium sized company due to our acquisition, onPeak continues to retain the fun, tech start-up vibe that we all have grown to love, but with better benefits. :-) As expected with a travel-based company, there's lots of travel for work and also time to explore. Definitely a great job for individuals that love to be on the go.

Cons

Due the recent acquisition by GES, there has been a bigger learning curve than usual with regards to new processes, which has caused frustration for some. But as a technology and service based company, many of us are adapting well and embracing changes for the better.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work!

Nov 11, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

onPeak offers a great atmosphere to learn and grow within the housing and events industry. If you like to travel and meet great people this is the place to be. There are opportunities to be promoted within the contact center. If you are an Account Exec you get to travel with your meetings to fun cities - you have to work long hours but you also get your evenings free to explore the city you are in. No suits required - casual business attire all the time!

Cons

There is a lot to know so be patient while you are learning. You will get it all in good time.

8. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Internship Program

Oct 11, 2015 - Business Development & Sales in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I interned at onPeak for the past two summers in the business development and sales department. During my time there, I was able to build upon my strengths as a student and learn more about the hospitality and event services industry. I was given many projects to work on which connected me with the other departments and allowed me to network. The corporate culture is amazing there and I had no problem getting help when needed. My internships were developed based on what I, as an intern, wanted to get out of it. onPeak provided me with many opportunities to grow as an individual and gain experience and knowledge to help me in the future.

Cons

I have experienced no cons of interning here. Both my experiences has helped me greatly in my education and prepare me for potential career opportunities after graduation.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews