Cover image for onPeak

onPeak

Is this your company?

onPeak

Add a Review

onPeak Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Feb 20, 2019

onPeak President and Chief Executive Officer, Viad Steve Moster
Steve Moster

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No room for growth or career path, low salaries, no comp time for working on weekends.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

Feb 20, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere, ability to travel to cool cities, and really nice perks such as a work from home policy

Cons

Owned buy a bigger org so lots of controls

1 person found this review helpful

onPeak Response

Thanks for the 5-star review. We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying some of the perks we offer and love that you have appreciated the opportunity to travel to new places. We know that being a part of a large organization can be overwhelming at times but we work hard to maintain a culture at onPeak that makes people feel special and appreciated. Know that regardless of the size of the organization, your voice will always be heard.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

great company to work for

Jun 1, 2018 - Exhibitor and Group Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very welcoming team. Work from home The executives and directors actually care about you as a person Fun company outings Travel for work Awesome company culture Summer Fridays

Cons

The only con I have is that I wish the position paid more. Other than that I think this is an amazing company to work for. onPeak has some of the best company culture I have ever seen.

onPeak Response

Thanks for the 5 stars! We truly value our team and strive to offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Based on your feedback, we are going to host lunch & learn meetings with the other departments to share all of the great work that the EGA/GSA’s are doing. Nicole Director, Exhibitor & Group Services

3. Join the onPeak team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Nov 11, 2016 - Exhibitor and Groups Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loyal company. I recently had a health emergency and onPeak stood by me in full support. Their biggest concern wasn't time missed, it was my health. That was great to see from a big company. They value their employees. My director was in contact wishing me well during the entire process. Employees can work from home which cuts down on cost of travel. Upper management is very accessible and genuinely cares what employees thoughts and concerns are.

Cons

None so far. I have not come across a decision or practice that I didn't agree with.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Account Executive

Oct 23, 2017 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great reputation in industry, hotel and travel perks, work from home- flexibility, casual dress and environment, Management invested in employment growth and morale. Extra holidays and time off. If your ambitious and work hard, it pays off!!!!!! Personally I love working here.

Cons

Busytimes - some extra work and hours- but expected.

onPeak Response

Five stars from a current employee made our day!! We are thrilled that you are happy here at onPeak and proud of our standing in the industry (we are too). Great perks and our culture are important to us and we will continue to work hard to keep exceeding your expectations! Louise & Megan Co-Directors of the NY Account Services Team

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Decent experience at best

Oct 7, 2014 - Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance, opportunity to work from home. No dress code, needs some sort of professionalism.

Cons

Way behind on technologies, poooor compensation, no room for growth, a lot of data entry. This is not an event planning job as they make it seem.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Run away!

May 16, 2018 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Get to travel and sometimes work from home and easy location to get to on public transportation.

Cons

Bad pay, no training, the managers gossip like they are in high school. When you start you are thrown to the wolves so to speak. They say you can ask for help but don't bother.

2 people found this review helpful

onPeak Response

We are sorry to see that you wouldn’t recommend working at onPeak and even more so that during your time here you felt you didn’t receive proper training and that your voice wasn’t heard. We take both these items very seriously. Our training program was developed to not only have our team members get the necessary training to start their career at onPeak but also have the resources available to them throughout the length of their career. Knowing that everyone learns differently, we have implemented tools like Lessonly, handbooks, and monthly training meetings to arm our team with the tools to succeed.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee

No Growth/Development

Oct 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility - work from home

Cons

No advancement - very low salary - no recognition

onPeak Response

We are sorry to see that you wouldn’t recommend working at onPeak and that you don’t feel there is development opportunity for you here. Although it’s tough for us to respond specifically as your review is anonymous, we do want to touch upon briefly the items you listed as we value your opinion. Creating opportunities for growth and advancement is very important at onPeak. We work hard to build a culture that supports professional development and allows employees to grow in the areas where they excel. In fact, we are excited that we have had many internal promotions in the last 6 months, two of which were promotions into Director roles. We also value all members of the onPeak team. In addition to providing a competitive compensation and benefits packages, we look for every chance to recognize and celebrate the hard work of our team – from shout-outs at company meetings to the parties during the year. We love to hear suggestions on how we can continue to improve. We’d encourage you to reach out to any of the executives or your director to talk through some of your ideas. Michael

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Bad company

Aug 18, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dress code, worke/life balance, can work from home

Cons

no training, mentorship, or leadership. Not a lot of vacation.

3 people found this review helpful