ooShirts Reviews | Glassdoor

Raymond Lei

1. "Scalable Press"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fremont, CA

I have been working at ooShirts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Scalable Press is a fast growing company where my managers supports me in the sales process and I enjoy building long lasting client relationships.

Cons

Most Client Relationships are over the phone.

"The only customer service agent for 2 months"

I worked at ooShirts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to pay my rent

Cons

Training was subpar if they have you lied to the customer at every turn oo shirts does not deliver and does not keep the promises that the website says so therefore I got cussed out everyday for 3 months straight this place killed my soul this place was horrible

Advice to Management

Get it together

"Customer service"

I worked at ooShirts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None/wear what you want literally

Cons

All the things u can think of, everything is negative about this company, horrible place to work for, management, supervisors, everyone is micro management, they don't know from one day to the next an can't pay their utilities bills literally.... Horrible Company

Advice to Management

Close the doors or eventually you will, can't dog out customers, employees, everyone...

"Claims Representative"

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ooShirts full-time

Pros

The best thing is I was trained on claims

Cons

The down side is it's a new company and very in organizated

"Quite a roller-coaster"

Current Employee - Production in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Production in Fremont, CA

I have been working at ooShirts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Due to my hard work I have gained privileges and flexibility .

Cons

The Owner is not a people person and does not really care about general employees .

Advice to Management

Give credit / appreciation where it is due or you will lose the workers that actually care about helping your company.

"Member Services Associate"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Berkeley, CA

I worked at ooShirts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was a full time customer service position that originally existed in Berkeley, which was very conveniently located next to BART. Customer service then moved to Fremont and was ultimately in-sourced to Indiana.

Cons

Unfortunately, there were far more cons than pros associated with my time at the company: no benefits, limited to non-existant opportunity for advancement, undeveloped management structure, and a lack of positive performance acknowledgment.

Advice to Management

Consider investing in customer service development and advancement in the company. The goal when I worked there felt like keeping people in a low-level churn that didn't offer the opportunity for a career and ultimately made turnover extremely high.

"I'm Embarrassed to work at Ooshirts"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ooShirts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office is conveniently located in the Lawrence area and some of my coworkers are really sweet folks who are easy to get along with. The office is also gerenally pretty quiet so I like that.

Cons

First, I'm fairly certain that most of the postive reviews for Ooshirts on this website are placed there by HR or the Public Relations Specialist because I do not know of a single co-worker who would have such great things to say about Ooshirts. Ooshirts is based out of California and hires young people with little experience or education at low pay. There is little job satisfaction and a high turnover rate. I've quit bothering the learn the names of new hires because I know that most of them will be gone in a months time.

The Indianapolis shiftleads(supervisors) answer directly to the director of customer service who is based out of California. The shiftleads are given very little authority and seem to have very little experience, as a result the customer service center of Ooshirts is inefffectively micro-managed from the west Coast.

As a customer service represenative I was told to lie to customers. Emphasis is placed on "utilization" ie quantity of work rather than quality. Hard work is seldom thanked or acknowledged. When I was hired I was lead to believe that being moved to a different department would result in a raise. I was mislead.

For a long time I truly tried to care about my job and believe that I was working for a good orginization, but I can no longer bring myself to care about company has never seemed to care about me. I'm embarassed to work for Ooshirts.

Advice to Management

Ooshirts runs a lean operation to keep pricing competitive and while the pricing may be attractive the quality of customer service has definitely suffered. Skliied labor doesn't come cheap and cheap labor doesn't come skilled.

9. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Love the people! CSM and Supervisors are understanding and kind. Always willing to help when needed. Decent pay. Laid back environment, no dress code either.

Cons

Sometimes the business can fluctuate. Calls and chats can be stressful at times, but nothing too hard to handle. Overall, definitely a great job.

Advice to Management

Do a little more for the employees to make them feel appreciated. Possibly bigger events or more team activities.

"Very poorly managed"

Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Berkeley, CA

Pros

nice people. Unfortunately the turnover is so high you won't be seeing them long.

Cons

Owner treats employees and customers alike with utter disdain. Just a really depressing situation. No one is respected, everyone is expendable.

Advice to Management

Recognize that you actually benefit from treating people with decency, they work harder and the company makes more money.

"Shift Lead - Supervisor"

Former Employee - Shift Lead - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Shift Lead - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ooShirts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Better pay than the CSR's. Looks good on a resume. You get close to the people who work there because usually they have taken the job as a last resort.

Cons

It's just a title. We are glorified babysitters being monitored 100% by CSM on a power trip in CA. No care for employees or customers. 95% of mgmt are related. We were made to degrade our employees who aren't paid what owner said they would be in his indy star interview when he took all the tax money and breaks from the mayor!

Advice to Management

Learn how to actually print a shirt correctly and then stand behind that product when it looks like crap. Try hiring some Americans who speak English to help the others learn how to do their jobs. My biggest advice...find a real job before the owner shows you how replaceable you are.