private jet services group Reviews | Glassdoor

Greg Raiff

"Operations"

Current Employee - Operations in Seabrook, NH
    Current Employee - Operations in Seabrook, NH

I have been working at private jet services group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have friends that work at competitors in aviation and I get to do so much more than they do and I am paid really well for my level of experience.My manager works to deliver on her promises and treats me fare.I like the people I work with and we have fun.I love what I do.

Cons

I wish we had offices overseas so I could do more travel.

2. "Great Foundation for Career"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Seabrook, NH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Seabrook, NH

I worked at private jet services group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PJS provided a great foundation for my professional career. I gained a lot of insight into a small, fast growing company in a very fun and interesting industry. Working directly with upper management, I was able to be a part of large scale projects and initiatives. I made some great friends at PJS - fun work environment.

Cons

Like any small industry, Aviation can be tough to move into if you do not have the experience. There is a lot to learn, a lot of my experience was leaning by doing.

"Run...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seabrook, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seabrook, NH

I worked at private jet services group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people there genuinely like each other and one of the binds that keeps them together is the dislike for the CEO.

Cons

As you can see from the reviews here on Glassdoor, after there were negative reviews written, the CEO “suggested” that people write positive reviews. To be TOLD to write a positive review is just part of the type of scare tactics that the CEO uses to control everyone. Don’t be fooled by his charming personality as it can change at the drop of a hat. You will be called stupid to your face and anything you do wrong will be “galactically stupid”. The company recently hired a new CFO and HR rep who are there to deliver news that the CEO is too much of a coward to do on his own. If he doesn’t like you, you will know it as he doesn’t hide how he feels. If he does like you, for the moment, then you are his best friend. If you like working for a manic personality with NO boundaries, this is the place for you!

HR is usually the go to person where you can speak to them for advice and trust that they will do the right thing. However, here, you should NEVER trust HR person as they are just a puppet for the CEO and won’t fight for what is right for the employee. They will also charm you and act like they are your best friend to get you to open up about what is wrong/right with the company. They will then take all the confidential information and throw you under the bus. They think they are building company morale when in reality, people are just doing what they do to keep their job. Restructuring is just a facade as it will happen over and over again (this is not the first time), until everyone that works there is just an extension of the disgusting management style of the CEO. How he has remained in business this long and kept the customers he has is still a mystery. Advice to anyone applying, take the advice that I was given during my first week: run, and run fast. There are so many other great companies out there that will treat you with respect and appreciate your skillset.

This is a very toxic environment. The 3.7 positive rating here is a joke and again, it’s only that high because people were forced to leave positive reviews. Half of them were recently let go as well, so that didn’t give them any job security.

Advice to Management

Fire less. Inspire more. Lead by example. Create a legacy for those who have helped you make PJS what it is instead of taking all the credit yourself.

Seek professional help, I'm sure there are groups out there for narcissistic bosses.

5. "10/10 Couldn't be happier"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Seabrook, NH
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Seabrook, NH

I have been working at private jet services group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PJS has an incredibly welcoming atmosphere. Right from the beginning it was easy to blend in and feel like valued team member. Even without any prior experience in this field, the welcoming co-workers made the transition effortless. The work itself is incredibly rewarding and interesting. In such a unique and fast paced industry means that everyday is different and never monotonous.

Cons

Very difficult to think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

6. "Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I have been working at private jet services group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment! Wonderfully loyal team environment who looks after the clients and each other. The Private Jet industry is a terrific way to meet interesting people from all walks of life. The company is growth oriented and there is massive potential for career growth.

Cons

Aviation is a lot of work! Lots of hours as clients fly all over the world at all times of the day.

Advice to Management

The company has grown leaps and bounds over just a few short years - Management needs to keep a watchful eye on that growth.

7. "PJS Review"

Current Employee - New Hampshire in Seabrook, NH
    Current Employee - New Hampshire in Seabrook, NH

I have been working at private jet services group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Having been with PJS for over 10 years, I have had the opportunity to truly grow with the company, starting as a flight coordinator followed by operations manager, sales associate and currently director of business development. The company has prepared me for any situation and has sharpened my written, verbal, analytical and strategic business skills. More importantly, I work with great people who make coming to work fun!

Cons

Although the aviation industry is fast paced and rewarding, it is not without its pop-up challenges.

Advice to Management

With the intent to grow the company, a strong plan should be in place to create structure and a clear process flow. People need to know who to go to. Effective training should be a priority.

"alright"

Pros

cool office and gym word five

Cons

I must write five words

"Don't waste your time"

I worked at private jet services group full-time

Pros

Cool industry. You can really learn a lot about private aviation and give you something cool to talk about while your interviewing and figuring out a way to leave. Potential to travel.

Cons

This place is a disaster. Constantly turning over employees doesn't help grow the business, just creates a toxic environment. If you don't fit in immediately, they will sideline you and never give you an opportunity to advance or show them what your worth. Instead of leading and teaching you ways to become a great employee, they will scare you and threaten you before you even have a chance to learn the system. If you need a short term job and a resume filler, take this.

Advice to Management

Stop firing people for no reason. Rebuild the useless HR department and stop choosing employees based off looks and personality. Reminds me of a high school. Best of luck trying to grow the business with snakes in upper mangement.

"Stay far far away"

Pros

The industry is interesting, however, do not let yourself get caught up in how cool it seems, no job they offer you is worth it.

Cons

The pay is ridiculously low, and you will never be compensated fairly. You review date will jump around and be pushed further out based on whoever the newest management hire is, but certain people will get to keep their scheduled reviews. Management is poor and there are a lot of false promises. The turnover is ridiculously high and always increasing (64+ people in less than two years to my knowledge..and counting). The environment is extremely toxic and unhappy.

Also, the positive ratings on this company's page are the result of employees being TOLD to write positive reviews......just some more insight for anyone who still may be considering working here.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a fair salary and don't treat them with such disrespect. Don't lie to your employees. Don't take away the promised bonuses that they count on and need considering the extremely low pay.

Stop changing your focus every month to something new. Instead of asking your employees to write fake good reviews on here, maybe take a step back and ask yourself WHY you even need to ask them to do so.

Start recognizing the talent you're bringing in and so quickly losing. UTILIZE the people you've hired to do their jobs rather than squashing their talent based off of the CEO's newest idea of the hour. You need some sort of consistency if you ever hope to have a company where people aren't constantly miserable and quitting.

Every single person in a management position there should go through mandatory training - they surely could use it.

"Much better opportunities out there"

I worked at private jet services group full-time

Pros

Interesting industry. The job can be fast paced. The clients are unique and somewhat noteworthy.

Cons

This is a company that is in constant rebuilding mode. There is a revolving door of talent driven out by the CEO, who runs the company based on the fire of the week strategy, and whichever management team he has brought in to help him grow the company.

The hours are long, the pay is well below market rate and there is a culture of distrust built into the company that is resistant to change.

There are far better job opportunities out there. This one isn't worth it in the end.

Advice to Management

No advice. Good luck finding a way to grow a business with the culture that you have there.