private jet services group Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Operations"

Current Employee - Operations in Seabrook, NH
    Current Employee - Operations in Seabrook, NH

I have been working at private jet services group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have friends that work at competitors in aviation and I get to do so much more than they do and I am paid really well for my level of experience.My manager works to deliver on her promises and treats me fare.I like the people I work with and we have fun.I love what I do.

Cons

I wish we had offices overseas so I could do more travel.

private jet services group Response

Sep 7, 2017 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate that we have a great team here at PJS. In our annual employee survey, our employees let us know working with people who are... More

"Potential Buyers and Employees Beware-It Cannot Get Any Worse Than PJS."

Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Seabrook, NH
    Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Seabrook, NH

I worked at private jet services group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I must write twenty words. I must write twenty words. I must write twenty words. I must write twenty words.

Cons

-The salary for BD’s is absolutely terrible. To give you an example: One could make more money waiting tables at a low-level chain restaurant, than by contacting wealthy CEOs via cold call while employed with PJS.
    I only accepted this position because I was promised I would be working closely with mentors to make sizeable commissions. This is not the case-the current sales team does not want to share their commissions, you’re on your own to source with no prior training on how to do so. PJS blindly sources leads via Google or whatever free search engine you can think of-they will not even invest $10 a month in you to have a sourcing database.

-Do not waste your time with this low-life, wannabe broker (like any company even wants to be labeled THAT). A more correct description of PJS would be a group of sales newbies trying to steal business from actual PROFESSIONAL Private Jet Companies.

***I witnessed the team cause countless, easily-avoidable mistakes during my time with the company. If you want to be late and pay thousands for a flight, book with PJS!***

*The above is just a small portion as to why I was looking for a replacement position, once I realized the commission was far and few between. That’s absolutely the reason I was let go, to be honest.

-The CEO is as greedy as they come, and still banks a majority of the companies commissions. Ever competed with the CEO for a bonus!? That’s your first red flag.

-The employees constantly complain about their jobs, yet some stay. Only 4-5 sales team members (I am rounding up) have been with the company for over a year. Talk about Jet Experts! It is only because they do not have the skills, experience, or education to go elsewhere. Those that drop any hints whatsoever of looking elsewhere will be terminated without warning.

-I had ZERO verbal/written warnings or write-ups before being terminated. This is the first and last time I will be terminated-I only did not leave sooner as I wanted to not have to explain the short term of employment on my resume. This is a disgust of a business.

-Let’s talk about Human Resources. I met with them twice (one of the two times being during termination) and both times, they disclosed NAMES of employees that had came to her in regards to my unhappiness with PJS. This just a small example of the professionalism and low-level brain power this company has to offer. HR spoke with me the first time about changing my reporting manager (since my current manager had been relocated) and simply shared concerns that I seemed unhappy. Yeah, wonder why-because you pay me terribly, while your CEO drives around in multiple Jaguars and demeans his employees every moment he gets the chance! Who wouldn’t be?

-Do not let their flashy, illegitimate website fool you. Try contacting the testimonials of those on the webpage-they will not even fly with PJS anymore. They are not a “Global” Firm. It’s twenty individuals sitting in a room with no formal training. I cannot stress enough-DO NOT give them your time or money.

-No Training: Their employees have to teach themselves about aviation. Yet another reason not to trust this company with your business.

-Poor Management/VERY Negative Working Environment: A High School Educational-Level Culture, with the brains to match. Their is no room for growth-therefore, these are the type of employees who “support” the company. This is only because they cannot find anything better. PJS is a revolving door of talent, just look at the other reviews. Do you not see the similarities? They speak for themselves.

-My background was not valued, you are just another number pumping out cold calls and emails. If you have a legitimate college degree, you’re wasting your time (well, I guess maybe if you went to college for some joke of a major like English or Political Science, you’re going to be broke forever anyways, so consider!). Do not wonder why I was looking elsewhere, or why you have such a revolving door of quality team members.

-PJS does not care about their employees whatsoever. The insurance is meager. If you’re not employed, I suppose consider PJS. I take that back-unemployment is a much better decision.

-This company will let you go for challenging the mess they have created. They do not want bright, talented individuals-they want button-pushers with no ambition. PJS will let you go if they get any word that you are looking elsewhere for employment. My performance was on point with all others. Management never once spoke to me about having any issue with my work. I was let go without any warnings or documentation.

**Let me close this with saying that I have worked for many companies, and I would not waste my time or yours with this review unless it saved at least one potential buyer or employee from this wretched company of PJS.

Advice to Management

This isn’t even worth my time, but I’ll wrote a few lines. Actually use some sort of documentation when considering letting your employees go. Communicate with them rather than just firing them without warning. You are only continuing to slander your terrible reputation.
    I will be there clapping when you go belly up.

"Do Not Support This Company in Any Way, Shape, or Form."

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Seabrook, NH
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Seabrook, NH

I worked at private jet services group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros to this company is that the employees all share the same hatred for their jobs and the leaders of PJS.

Cons

Where to begin..

-The pay is absolutely terrible. The idea that you will bonus is a tactic just to get a potential employee to accept the job offer. The CEO cherry picks the commissions for himself, or the very few that have been with the company for over a year will snatch them up. The commission structure for all employees is a complete joke regardless of that.
    ***The only employees that will value or support PJS are within the “first job out-of-college” group, or those coming from an environment where they legitimately naive and have no self worth. Everyone that is not looking for a replacement job while employed with PJS is brainwashed.***
    -You will expected to cover a majority of your travel expenses for the company. If the bill is on the CEO, you will be riding the bus and eating at McDonald’s. I’m not exaggerating. You will need a receipt for that McDonald’s meal, by the way. But when you take a client out to eat, you can spend hundreds! This shows how much the CEO values you as an employee vs. a high profile client supporting his yearly Jaguar purchase. I cannot stress enough that you are required to market the company to the richest, but will be compensated like you work at the local food cupboard.
    -No training, whatsoever. However, the company expects you to self-teach yourself all about aviation and sell to the high profile world. Have fun trying to relate to a powerful billionaire when you do not make enough money to even pay your bills.
    -Working 24/7. Expect to be contacted during all major holidays, weekends, and your vacation. The CEO will contact you via email at 2AM and expect you to respond in less than ten minutes.
    -Benefits, paid time off, and care of employees are extremely terrible. The company won’t even provide the staff with water bottles-interviews only!!!
    -The company issued cell phones are just another tactic for the CEO to have you available to him at all times. Have fun talking to a client on a Samsung 3 that you can barely hear the other person on the phone out of.
    -HR will share what you tell them with the CEO, and other employees. Talk about doing the opposite of your job-which is keeping employees privacy safe.

-I could go on and on..stay far away from this company! The morale and reputation of PJS is the worst I have EVER encountered. They will go belly up, it’s just a matter of when. Don’t give PJS your time or your money!

Advice to Management

Sell the company.

"Rudderless"

I worked at private jet services group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Greetings and Salutations. Your only saving prayer is that private jets are cool and odds are the next company you are interviewing with (when you decide to leave) knows nothing about the industry. If you go on to interview within the industry A) be prepared to explain who PJS is...because nobody has ever heard of them or B) get ready to answer "yikes, how was it working for Greg?"

-Close to Kume!
    -No line on the air hockey table!
    -Chilli cook off every Friday!

Cons

There is a 5 word minimum requirement to answer this question...let's see if there is a maximum allowance. PJS is best described as Grand Central Station. So many people walk through the turn style and sit long enough to realize they really just want to leave. The rate of turn over is actually impressive, average tenure must be below 1.5 years (HR will likely reply with a different statistic...please include total head count compared to total departures in the last 4 years). There may be higher retention in Human Directional Signs (google it!) I started in sales support and stayed almost three years- I went through three senior management changes. I actually felt bad for the new management.

Like any good leader, they start with such admirable enthusiasm and optimism and such hope to leave their mark. There is zero chance of success with the CEO in place (oh and good luck in sales specifically, the CEO cherry picks all inbound leads...have you ever had to compete with a CEO for sales? Level playing field right?). Also, I did not realize until after I left PJS that the payscale and commission was terrible- do your research to understand what companies pay.

It all makes sense to me now, how else is this CEO going to pay for his next Bentley or Ferrari? Maybe payment is something like a combination of interest from a trust fund and what could have been your commission? Also, be careful if you do sign a big account- you might just be let go before you receive your payout. No, not kidding.

Advice to Management

Advice to Management? Why? Not much of a point- just go back up to the last section and re-read that sentence again about the "hope to leave your mark." Did you or did you get mangled by the CEO? Also, would you recommend your friends work at PJS? (internal dialogue suggests....)

Perhaps more productive, My advice to a candidate. First, consider if you think I am simply a disgruntled past employee. Then, go on LinkedIn. Then search for any/all PAST PJS employees. Message like...three of them. Ask them what it was like working at PJS. Don't do this on a Friday- you don't want to conjure memories that will ruin their weekend. Once you have an adequate sampling, you won't have to take my word! I guess if you are unemployed- consider PJS. While I can't think of an environment where it is OK to be verbally degraded such as this, at least it is a paycheck until you find something better!

"Avoid at All Costs!!!"

I have been working at private jet services group full-time

Pros

I can make this company sound awesome since our clients are high profile. In reality, there are no Pros to working at PJS.

Cons

CEO verbally abuses employees on a daily basis. If you can't deal with getting treated like a child and yelled at in front of other employees, this place isn't for you. What a disappointing place to work at. Can't wait to get out of jail.

Advice to Management

Sell the company.

"Operations"

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at private jet services group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of our clients are amazing and make the daily rut worth it

Cons

The CEO and all management are terrible, selfish, manipulative people who need to understand the importance of employee value. HR is rude and unprofessional leaving you nowhere to turn.

Advice to Management

Employee value is vital to a successful company. Treat them well and they will in return help your business soar.

private jet services group Response

Sep 7, 2017 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. Part of the PJS focus on continued growth is continuing to improve on the employee experience.

Without examples, it’s hard to understand... More

"Stay far far away"

Pros

The industry is interesting, however, do not let yourself get caught up in how cool it seems, no job they offer you is worth it.

Cons

The pay is ridiculously low, and you will never be compensated fairly. You review date will jump around and be pushed further out based on whoever the newest management hire is, but certain people will get to keep their scheduled reviews. Management is poor and there are a lot of false promises. The turnover is ridiculously high and always increasing (64+ people in less than two years to my knowledge..and counting). The environment is extremely toxic and unhappy.

Also, the positive ratings on this company's page are the result of employees being TOLD to write positive reviews......just some more insight for anyone who still may be considering working here.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a fair salary and don't treat them with such disrespect. Don't lie to your employees. Don't take away the promised bonuses that they count on and need considering the extremely low pay.

Stop changing your focus every month to something new. Instead of asking your employees to write fake good reviews on here, maybe take a step back and ask yourself WHY you even need to ask them to do so.

Start recognizing the talent you're bringing in and so quickly losing. UTILIZE the people you've hired to do their jobs rather than squashing their talent based off of the CEO's newest idea of the hour. You need some sort of consistency if you ever hope to have a company where people aren't constantly miserable and quitting.

Every single person in a management position there should go through mandatory training - they surely could use it.

"Don't waste your time"

I worked at private jet services group full-time

Pros

Cool industry. You can really learn a lot about private aviation and give you something cool to talk about while your interviewing and figuring out a way to leave. Potential to travel.

Cons

This place is a disaster. Constantly turning over employees doesn't help grow the business, just creates a toxic environment. If you don't fit in immediately, they will sideline you and never give you an opportunity to advance or show them what your worth. Instead of leading and teaching you ways to become a great employee, they will scare you and threaten you before you even have a chance to learn the system. If you need a short term job and a resume filler, take this.

Advice to Management

Stop firing people for no reason. Rebuild the useless HR department and stop choosing employees based off looks and personality. Reminds me of a high school. Best of luck trying to grow the business with snakes in upper mangement.

"Great Foundation for Career"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Seabrook, NH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Seabrook, NH

I worked at private jet services group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PJS provided a great foundation for my professional career. I gained a lot of insight into a small, fast growing company in a very fun and interesting industry. Working directly with upper management, I was able to be a part of large scale projects and initiatives. I made some great friends at PJS - fun work environment.

Cons

Like any small industry, Aviation can be tough to move into if you do not have the experience. There is a lot to learn, a lot of my experience was leaning by doing.

"Much better opportunities out there"

I worked at private jet services group full-time

Pros

Interesting industry. The job can be fast paced. The clients are unique and somewhat noteworthy.

Cons

This is a company that is in constant rebuilding mode. There is a revolving door of talent driven out by the CEO, who runs the company based on the fire of the week strategy, and whichever management team he has brought in to help him grow the company.

The hours are long, the pay is well below market rate and there is a culture of distrust built into the company that is resistant to change.

There are far better job opportunities out there. This one isn't worth it in the end.

Advice to Management

No advice. Good luck finding a way to grow a business with the culture that you have there.