rag & bone "clothing allowance" Reviews | Glassdoor

rag & bone Employee Reviews about "clothing allowance"

Updated Sep 5, 2019

3.3
rag & bone CEO Marcus Wainwright (no image)
Marcus Wainwright
Pros
Cons
  • "Product is not what it once was, multiple high upper management was let go/decided to leave(in 7 reviews)

• "No real room for growth/support from HR(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "clothing allowance"

Return to all Reviews

"Exciting time for rag & bone employees!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee - Corporate in New York, NY

I have been working at rag & bone full-time for more than a year

Pros

Having been an employee at rag & bone for a year and a half, I have seen the company go through a lot of change. As with many companies in the fashion industry, it is time to shake things up to push move business forward. Even established brands have to go through “growing pains”. Looking around, we have a lot of new leaders within the company, many who have impacted the business positively recently. I find... leaders in the company to be approachable and it is cool to see Marcus hands on in the day to day. Everyone has the ability to have a voice and be heard if you speak up. There are bright employees who are passionate about seeing the brand do well as a collective. Best clothing allowance and discount, pretty standard health benefits, solid PTO, respectful work/life balance.

Cons

As there are still some organizational kinks that need to be worked out, there are some people need to just stay positive.

Advice to Management

With the changes in processes leaders are setting forth everyone is super busy so they need to try to not let touch bases with their own teams fall off.

rag & bone2019-07-02

"Rag & Bone - Review Ethics and Policy (Support the People)"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Highland Park, TX

I have been working at rag & bone full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clothing Allowance - $1,200 at wholesale price + tax Ability to be an entrepreneur/creative work place

Cons

- Broken commission structures that penalize top performing employees who don't adhere to outrageous sales goals implemented by corporate and management. Employees are essentially robbed of money earned from commissions and given 1% commission when promised 3%-6%. - Company "policies" consistently change on a weekly basis without any explanation or reason, creating an unsafe work environment for employees. - Store... employees are placed under constant pressure to deliver outrageous sales goals and are asked to harass customers by management until the customer says no more or stop. - Employees are not allowed to work any overtime hours, but are expected to come in early and stay late on a weekly basis. If by accident you work over your allotted scheduled time, you will be reprimanded by management and corporate for doing so. - Unhealthy work environment that encourages employees to be competitive and highly aggressive with one another in order to push daily sale goals. - Employees are required (and scheduled ) for 30 minutes EVERYDAY to harass previous and current customers via e-mail or phone call about current sales and or promotions. In addition to that, it is mandatory to BCC (blind carbon copy) management on ALL e-mail correspondences with customers to ensure it is completed or else you will be reprimanded/terminated. - When short staffed, employees are not allowed to leave the store OR take a lunch break for 7-8 hours, which illegal and unethical. - Management forces sales associates to get personal and confidential information from EVERY customer before allowed to complete any transaction. (i.e. full name, personal phone number, home address, e-mail, etc.) Weekly reports are then sent out, printed, and required to be signed by each individual employee if they have not met companies standard (90% or above capture rate). - Employees are required to adhere to mandatory monthly reviews by store management without the opportunity to review their managers in return. These monthly "reviews" rarely lack any information on how store employees can improve in their current roles, but instead consist of personal attacks on your integrity, appearance, and personal hygiene. - The quality of clothing "guaranteed" by rag&bone to it's customers (and sales associates) is misleading and unethical. Products are often marketed as "luxury" or "quality guaranteed" but in reality are often mass produced overseas and made from poor quality materials., resulting in garments falling apart and becoming unwearable.

rag & bone2019-09-05
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Great company to grow with.."

Current Employee - I T in New York, NY

I have been working at rag & bone full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Friendly People -amazing company culture -flexibility with working from home when needed -Great people who involve children and embrace them as part of the Rag & Bone family. -Clothing Allowance & Great discount at the retail stores. -Most of upper management are very approachable and personable.

Cons

None that I can see so far

rag & bone2019-07-02

"The best place for the hard working"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at rag & bone full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company offers a tremendous amount of opportunity for those whom work hard. You can see the fruits of your labor instantly, and the lack of red tape makes it incredibly possible to grow in any direction you want. Some of these reviews mention the change in the company, but I feel that because fashion is changing at such a rapid speed the company must follow suit. If not, they will be one of the several fashion... companies whom have failed through this e-commerce boom. Upper management is very strong, the hiring managers that lead their departments are some of the best and most innovative in the industry. The company strives to do things differently, while still maintaining their roots and identity that they originally set out to do. I have never had a job that I was excited about coming into on Monday. No Sunday scaries on my end. I am not micromanaged, I am treated like an adult, and I know my opinion matters despite not being a director or VP. On top of that, the company offers great perks like summer Fridays, full benefits, 401k, a break from Christmas to New Years, a clothing allowance and a generous discount. We are on a great path, and will continue to grow with people that are inventive, hard working, diligent, and positive. In an age where everything is digital, rag & bone continues to find a way to stand above so many other fashion and consumer brands. I am proud to work here.

Cons

There are not enough conference rooms.

rag & bone2019-06-14

"Hugely toxic work environment"

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor

I have been working at rag & bone full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Clothing Allowance (which was reduced TWICE during my employment, taxed on my paycheck, and also NEVER received when promised) - Insurance & Benefits (available but with high premiums and poor coverage. I never used it ONE TIME and it cost me hundreds of dollars out of my paycheck)

Cons

- Broken commission structures that penalize top performing employees who don't adhere to outrageous sales goals implemented by corporate and management. Employees are essentially robbed of money earned from commissions and given 1% commission when promised 3%-6%. - Company "policies" consistently change on a weekly basis without any explanation or reason, creating an unsafe work environment for employees. -... Store employees are placed under constant pressure to deliver outrageous sales goals and are asked to harass customers by management until the customer says no more or stop. - Employees are not allowed to work any overtime hours, but are expected to come in early and stay late on a weekly basis. If by accident you work over your allotted scheduled time, you will be reprimanded by management and corporate for doing so. - Unhealthy work environment that encourages employees to be competitive and highly aggressive with one another in order to push daily sale goals. - Employees are required (and scheduled ) for 30 minutes EVERYDAY to harass previous and current customers via e-mail or phone call about current sales and or promotions. In addition to that, it is mandatory to BCC (blind carbon copy) management on ALL e-mail correspondences with customers to ensure it is completed or else you will be reprimanded/terminated. - When short staffed, employees are not allowed to leave the store OR take a lunch break for 7-8 hours, which illegal and unethical. - Management forces sales associates to get personal and confidential information from EVERY customer before allowed to complete any transaction. (i.e. full name, personal phone number, home address, e-mail, etc.) Weekly reports are then sent out, printed, and required to be signed by each individual employee if they have not met companies standard (90% or above capture rate). - Employees are required to adhere to mandatory monthly reviews by store management without the opportunity to review their managers in return. These monthly "reviews" rarely lack any information on how store employees can improve in their current roles, but instead consist of personal attacks on your integrity, appearance, and personal hygiene. - The quality of clothing "guaranteed" by rag&bone to it's customers (and sales associates) is misleading and unethical. Products are often marketed as "luxury" or "quality guaranteed" but in reality are often mass produced overseas and made from poor quality materials., resulting in garments falling apart and becoming unwearable.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate your companies mission and the code of ethics you so adamantly require your employees to follow. Have some respect and integrity for the individuals who produce BOTH your company and brand millions of dollars of year. Without us...you would be nothing. In addition to that, hire Managers for your stores that have ACTUAL retail experience. Not individuals who have worked for big box department stores and... know nothing about creating an intimate retail experience with customers. I'm disappointed in myself for lowering my standards and allowing a company like rag & bone to take advantage of my experience and time for almost a full year.

rag & bone2019-07-13

"Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at rag & bone full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tiered commission makes it possible to earn a lot of money. Open door policy with engaged and helpful leadership. Amazing clothing allowance. Many managers and corporate leaders have seen a lot of growth in the company.

Cons

Brand is growing so there is a lot of change.

rag & bone2019-05-31
  8. "One of the best companies I've worked for!"

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at rag & bone full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is competitive. Generous clothing allowance and discount. Awesome people that work there.

Cons

Medical benefits are a little expensive.

Advice to Management

Can see where some thought it was chaotic, but it's gotten much much better.

rag & bone2019-04-11

"Went completely downhill"

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at rag & bone full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discount, Clothing Allowance, clothing,

Cons

Upper management is snarky, mean, and doesn't know how to delegate with respect, Low commission

Advice to Management

Recognize your talent and listen to seniored employees , within the past few months over 80% of the longest and highest performing retail employees have left the company due to on boarding of inexperienced and mean management. I was with the company for over 3 years and used to LOVE coming to work, in the last year it was torture, even some upper management who have been there for a while have expressed concern... about the person running the show. I challenge Marcus to go back to the values and culture rag & bone was founded on if he wants to maintain a good rapport within the retail community. A store and its clients are a family not a prison.

rag & bone2019-01-14

"Sales Specialist"

Sales Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at rag & bone for less than a year

Pros

The clothing allowance they give you is awesome ! Anywhere from $700-$800 for PT, and up to $1200 for FT. I worked on the men’s team and the staff were all super chill and friendly. The logging is awesome quality as well. $15/hr starting + commission.

Cons

Once the summer time came around, a lot of the PT associates hours got cut. I was a PT associate and it got to the point where I was working one day a week, so I had to find another job.

Advice to Management

A lot of the employees, including myself, obtained skill sets outside of retail, specifically in the creative field. It would be very beneficial for the management to try and capitalize on that, and try and get us invlovled more in that aspect of the brand.

rag & bone2018-08-16

"Exploitative Corporate Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at rag & bone full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Generous clothing allowance and 70% discount

Cons

Managers who are more worried about cost cutting in their department so they can receive good bonuses and kickbacks from vendors (yes, I know). Constantly changing leadership. Not given a raise after being promised one for months, terrible corporate benefits, no help from manager or HR to set SMART goals, HR is working for the managers, not for the employees. HR finally introduced a generous maternity policy after... the entire HR team started having children and/or getting pregnant. RTW product is still pretty shoddy, but jeans are great. Exploiting young people and immigrants alike. The CEO tries to act like he's a cool, salt of the earth, liberal "dude" , but the benefits were terrible. Typical of most contemporary luxury companies I'd say. Most of the focus goes on the design and creative side, while all other departments are meant to feel meaningless.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice for management. Their egos are way too big.

rag & bone2018-07-29