reed.co.uk Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
reed.co.uk Managing Director Martin Warnes
Martin Warnes

"Great!"

Pros

Leadership, Company Values, Promotions, Compensation

Cons

Compensation, Perks, Personal Growth, Training

2. "Great atmosphere"

Pros

Really good sales atmosphere to work in also some great incentives to hit call time and dials.

Cons

-C all time
    - school teacher management style.

"Great place to work - We Love Mondays"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at reed.co.uk (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. I have worked here for a number of years I have been given some great opportunities to develop my career and own personal development which I may not have been given elsewhere. If you a grad looking for your first step into the world of work this is a great place for ambitious and hard working individuals.

Cons

I would not say there are any cons here, if you are hard working and ambitious you will really enjoy working here. reed.co.uk is also a great place to gather further experience across many departments.

Advice to Management

The management team here are really supportive and help to further develop your career best they can. I have always felt supported since starting work here.

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at reed.co.uk full-time

Pros

reed.co.uk have a great working environment, and the people make this a great place to work. I have met many a friend through working here, and the diversity of the company make it both a fun and enjoyable place to work. In all the time I have worked here, I can truly say, that I have never woke up in the morning and though, Oh, I have to go to work.

Cons

Sometime information sharing can be a little light, but this is definitely been an area that they have improved on. We have some good facilities here, but could do with some more, that work!!

"Media Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Media Sales Executive in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Media Sales Executive in London, England (UK)

I worked at reed.co.uk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people and culture
    Career progression and Development opportunities laid out clearly
    Thorough and continued training
    Good atmosphere for staff

Cons

Sometimes poor communication between departments

Advice to Management

Continue to adapt to keep up with the changing market and listen to staff to maintain the culture and atmosphere of the office

Feb 7, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate the encouraging feedback and absolutely take on board the constructive observations. It is essential that we work together and not in silos, and this is something we are continually ... More

7. "Good Company but theres better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at reed.co.uk (More than a year)

Pros

Very thorough and structured training

Cons

Can be too regimented for those who have a different way of working

Advice to Management

More carrots than sticks would go a long a way

8. "Its not just Trump who is building a wall - there is one in the product/technology team"

I worked at reed.co.uk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There was a good vibe and energy around the place in the time I was there. There was a very open door policy, no one had a chip on their shoulder and no question was stupid. People were inspiring and there was a 'can do attitude' in all the teams.

Cons

There are now rules on how teams should work, to the point where people aren't allowed to speak to one another to stop any disturbance. Isn't that what teams are supposed to do, talk to each other?

Product team is led by various heads (5) covering tech, design, development, coaching and database team, and some of them lack the drive, you would expect to see from a head, some have been there too many years, and they fear change because they don't know how to deal with it.

Sometimes, it feels that the company and the management of it, is so old school. They have great ideas, but its the execution and implementation of the ideas thats holding them back.

Advice to Management

Don't create job roles in the company that to the outside world mean nothing and have no purpose.
    Don't create jobs to keep people. How do you know if someone is a good head of department or manager if they have not done these roles elsewhere?
    Retaining people for 10,11,12 years etc isn't a good indication that they are good at what they do, its an indication that these people aren't as good as it may seem, as they haven't left.

Feb 7, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for the comments about the positive vibe and energy. As well as providing inspiration, we really enjoy coming to work here and want to be open and approachable. We are committed to ... More

"Sales Exec"

I worked at reed.co.uk full-time

Pros

Lots of training and willing to help you do well

Cons

Very cliquey, target increases every month regardless if you've hit or not, promotions can take years.

Feb 7, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences at reed.co.uk. We are committed to providing an environment in which our people (co-members) support each other and celebrate success ... More

10. "Very Average Firm"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at reed.co.uk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice atmosphere for staff, has table football and lots of fun events each week on a Monday

Cons

Length of service progression model not based on skill and ability
    Senior management does very little and are unsupportive in that they arent prepared to make changes as that would mean taking ownership
    Business model for Account management is flawed and not beneficial to the sales person of the clients

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the current model to reduce the high turn over of staff

11. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at reed.co.uk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an organisation in which ideas are valued, however large or small. People know each others' names and refer to each other by them, share in their successes, work collectively to drive us forward. It is underpinned by innovation and energy and inclusion of all at every level of the organisation.

Cons

There are times when externally it is too easy to simply think of us as a recruitment company. We are an online and digital innovator who just happen to be part of a recruitment brand and for whom the end product is recruitment based.

Advice to Management

Continue to be brave in driving the business forward just as you already are, continue to give people the opportunity to be in the right jobs, to Love Mondays.