I have been working at rue21 part-time (More than a year)
Being able to work and meet a lot of foreign people. helping people express themselves in fashion
Not having the right size or a specific item they want. Customers thinking we charged them way to much or less on there items.
Advice to Management
Be patient and let employees know that you're in charged.
I have been working at rue21 full-time (More than 8 years)
Fun environment, great people work here. I always feel appreciated. Very cute clothes and they stay up with the latest trends and fashions.
Big work load with not high pay. High stress, not much payroll to achieve everything they want done. Schedule always changes.
I worked at rue21 part-time
- Learned about the retail environment
- Coworkers were nice
- Heavy emphasis on selling perfumes
- Pay is awful for long hours
- 10 minute break is so short (5 hour day)
Advice to Management
Call the store less and be more friendly
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Review
I worked at rue21 full-time (More than 8 years)
Getting to know the ins and outs of being a manager and getting to put everything I knew and learned into effect.
One of the cons of working for Rue21 was not being able to grow in the company like I wanted to, and also the drive was unbearable.
I have been working at rue21 full-time (More than a year)
Your making money while you work and it's an easy job. They have a great discount now of 40% off regular priced items everyday.
They force you to sell fragrance at any cost. They tell you to use coupons to sell it then you get in trouble when you do. The customers are always trying to scam. Management is. It always honest or reliable. It's basically a job for high schoolers or fresh out of high school
Advice to Management
Take care of your employees. When you are dishonest or ignore their needs you will lose good workers.
I worked at rue21 full-time (More than 3 years)
Decent pay, and good experiences with co workers, the pay and bonus was a positive.
Over worked, and no overtime opportunity. Work almost 50-60 hours sometimes. Would be expected to come in when off to complete tasks suck as stock if behind because no hours would be given. Shuffles through dms constantly.
I worked at rue21 part-time (More than a year)
A pro was definitely the employee discount. Cheap clothes + employee discount = awesome deal. Another great thing about Rue is that you can basically wear anything to work because it's a brand of clothing that encourages you to be you.
There are SO MANY cons to working at rue21.
1. My hours were crazy. At first, I was being given 8 hours a week and suddenly, a month later, I was working 30+ hours a week. I eventually had to tell my manager that my college classes were starting up and that I couldn't work on certain days and she replied with, "So?"
2. My manager was horrible! She scheduled herself during the daytime so that she could spend the nighttime with her family and left us all to run night shift. In the mornings, we would hear all about what we did wrong and it just wasn't worth it. I even wondered why I had never worked with her during a shift and another associate informed me that my manager told everyone she didn't like me.
3. The fragrance goals were easy enough to meet; however, the headaches from smelling the fragrances were almost too much.
4. Thanksgiving and Christmas are most likely going to be spend at the store. We were OPEN on Thanksgiving Day! It was a miracle that we weren't open on Christmas Day. It was almost a Christmas present to have my last day working for this company to be on Christmas Eve.
5. The company is known to be "frugal", but they're equipment is SO OLD and SO DIFFICULT to use. New stores have gotten "new and improved" equipment, but all the old stores are on the struggle bus.
I worked at rue21 part-time (More than 5 years)
First Job, Job for Students, Company Advancements
Little Hours, Pay not to well,
I have been working at rue21 part-time (Less than a year)
Discount and a friendly learning environment great place to start working a first job or second why not start today
Low pay and fragrances are a must which can be hard if nobody really wants to buy them your hours get cut
I worked at rue21 (Less than a year)
not enough time for tasks
too much freight for small volume stores
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?