Cover image for rue21

Found 2,274 of over 2K reviews
45% Recommend to a Friend
52% Approve of CEO

Found 2,274 of over 2K reviews

rue21 Chief Executive Officer  Bill Brand (no image)
Bill Brand

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of rue21 and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Feb 24, 2023
      Sales Associate
      Former Employee
      Goldsboro, NC
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

it was great for the most part great benifets

Cons

hours was just short but youll have to work hard

1. 3.0
        Oct 1, 2023
        Former Employee
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

Good job for after school

Cons

You will be standing on you feet

2. Join the rue21 team
        See Our Latest Jobs
      Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,274 Reviews
      </>Embed

rue21 Reviews FAQs

rue21 has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 2,298 reviews left anonymously by employees. 45% of employees would recommend working at rue21 to a friend and 31% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, rue21 employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at rue21. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

45% of rue21 employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated rue21 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at rue21 to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with rue21 Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

193.3K

Manager

I just learned that having a "growth mindset" means doing the work of 3 people. . Is it just my experience? Is that what it means loosely?

0 Comments

Founder

I had a 30 min rushed interview w/ hiring manager for a senior mktg role. I wasn't fully impressed but willing to learn more. He mentioned a "take home" (remote) project. It's timed. 4 hours. 3 deliverables, all specific to the company. It would really take 4 hours, based on what I know of it so far. Some of it feels slightly outside of my scope of work, and it all feels like a way to get free work for the company which makes me feel ugh. What are your thoughts? Take it or leave it?

4 Comments

Business Support Coordinator

Hi , Do you think if you have an interview with recruiter. Forgot to mention something. Email them afterwards ?

1 Comment

Glassdoor has 2,298 rue21 reviews submitted anonymously by rue21 employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if rue21 is right for you.