teleNetwork Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
teleNetwork President and CEO Anthony Herrera
Anthony Herrera

Pros
  • The pros of this job are first off, I get to work from home (in 178 reviews)

• Extremely flexible scheduling comparatively (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay compared to competition (in 43 reviews)

• But I have tech support back ground so that helps alot (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Reliable, Friendly and Rewarding"

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most stable and consistent job I've ever had. Management is reliable, team members and resources are readily available for help when needed. Raises and growth are available to be earned based on performance and make the job more and more rewarding over time. The work culture is great and the balance between work/personal time has been perfect for me.

Cons

While it can be stressful at times working at a help desk it is something you can easily overcome with experience and the right customer service and communication skills.

Advice to Management

NA

2. "Great company. Bad contract with other company."

Current Employee - TSR L2 in San Marcos, TX
    Current Employee - TSR L2 in San Marcos, TX

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home is a great thing. Flexible schedule. 401k. The company has great work ethics and treat their employees great.

Cons

Not enough money for the work. Team Leaders are weak with building teams. The term Team Leader is used loosely. Some of them are not very involved, this make the team feel very isolated and missing leadership. If L2's were not there, total chaos would implode.

Advice to Management

Start leading your teams. Make your self notice. Support your L2's. Teams Leaders should have their teams moving like machines. They should not be let to have free reign. It causes a very unstable work environment.

"Good job for the patient and enthusiastic"

Current Employee - TSR L1 in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - TSR L1 in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work at home, which is handy if you have problems with transportation or, say, a handicapped spouse who needs you home. Allowed short bathroom breaks whenever needed, with reasonable time limits (10 minutes, tops, and I never take that long if I can help it), one 15 minute break for every 4 hours worked, and a one-hour lunch if scheduled for 7 or more hours. Supervisory staff mostly works hard to assist and work with employees on scheduling, emergencies, and absences. Excellent and very detailed knowledge bases for troubleshooting internet services, including DSL, cable, fiber, and digital video.

Cons

Too much focus on metrics - if you stay on the line more than 11 minutes per call, you are considered not profitable for the company. As others have stated, training is not truly sufficient, but I still have the job, more than six months after hire, so it seems to have done the trick.

Advice to Management

Explain details better in training, such as field tech available hours. Mostly, I find the management to be good and helpful, so not a lot of suggestions.

5. "TSR L2"

Current Employee - TSR L2 in Cottondale, FL
    Current Employee - TSR L2 in Cottondale, FL

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every piece of management from CEO down has been on the phones and done the job below them. A true meritocracy. If you don't move or gain a raise, you didn't earn it.

Cons

Still haven't found any yet.

"Heartless and Cold"

Former Employee - TSR in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - TSR in Austin, TX

I worked at teleNetwork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work at home, friendly teammates

Cons

sales are only thing that matters, even if it means lying or not helping

Advice to Management

Customer service should be about helping customers, not mandatory 3% sales

7. "So far so good!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The trainers and managers are really involved and prompt with any and all questions.

Cons

Training is brief training should be longer

Advice to Management

longer training to cover more complex topics

8. "Laid off"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Point, MS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Point, MS

I worked at teleNetwork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid training, benefits and pay raises every easy to come by.

Cons

I worked with telenetwork for company Frontier. I loved my boss I loved the pay. Everything turned when i was moved to Cspire under a different boss. I was laid off and I could work for them again.

"Tech Support Res"

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Newport News, VA

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, great pay, work from home, work in my pajamas, get paid to talk on the phone, which is something I love to do!

Cons

Sometimes you may get irate customers, but they dont bother me. I dont take it personally!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"PLEASE listen to these reviews and DO NOT work here."

Former Employee - TSR L1 in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - TSR L1 in San Marcos, TX

Pros

There are absolutely no pros to this hell hole and the only reason I'm writing this is because it requires a twenty word minimum. The ONLY pro you could relate back to this place was quitting.

Cons

Everything: Where should I start?
    1) Training-Or the lack thereof. You supposedly get two weeks, where the first week is nothing but listening to some high school kids ramble about Video Game graphics and DSL filters. You'll realize how very unprepared you are when you reach week 2 with your mentor. On to week 2!

2) Mentor week: This is where they pair you with a mentor, an expert who helps train you on all 12 of the ancient, malfunctioning software they use. You are then thrown into calls with your mentor alone. You have no idea how to navigate or what to do, and you'll be constantly struggling and angry the entire time. If you are hell bent on succeeding in this place ( because you're either desperate of really can't do any better) then pay attention to the mentor. They'll be the most valuable training you get.
    3) Thrown on to phones alone. No clue what you're doing. Getting screamed at and cussed at my rightfully angry customers being screwed over by their ISP. It's shady, and wrong. You'll be required to " upsell" products to these customers when they're already being taken advantage of. It's morally wrong.
    4) Your metrics are nuts. You will constantly be messaged by multiple " LEVEL 2's" to end the call ASAP, or harassed by your Team Leader. When you ask for further training, you get denied.
    4) How you're spoken to. You're treated like a low life and if some of these L2's and Team Leaders spoke to people like that in person, they wouldn't be on their feet long.
    5) Health insurance that's expensive and not useable. A high deductable plan.
    6) BACK TO BACK TO BACK TO BACK calls with no chance of a break. You do the math and figure out if this place is really somewhere you want to make a " career" out of.
    7) THE PAY. $10/hr. Cap is $11/hr. You will constantly fail every metric that will prevent you from receiving your " performance-based raise."

Advice to Management

Go to College and learn management. You're not working a real job and you're not real managers. Stop treating your agents like manure and start working to properly train, retain and value your employees instead of employing a recruiting team and holding a " training" class every single week. Turnover is about 85% and that's nothing to be proud of.

"❤ it"

Current Employee - Tech Support Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Tech Support Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At home, decent pay, great Sup, alright benefits, and excellent compensation.

Cons

The time system, but they are aware of it. Easily corrected.

Advice to Management

Great job!