teleNetwork Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
teleNetwork President and CEO Anthony Herrera
Anthony Herrera

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Very laid back work from home job that can get fairly busy at times" (in 245 reviews)

• "flexible schedule, work at home" (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay (no expenses to go to work though)" (in 54 reviews)

• "Forced sales quota on tech support agents" (in 32 reviews)

1. "Technical Support Representative"

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative

I have been working at teleNetwork (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home. Paid time off. Full Benefits.

Cons

Strict metrics which is expected for call center work. Pay is not as great as some of the competitors.

2. "Great Entry Level Position"

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Internal Promotions only, Great people to work with

Cons

Does not offer competitive pay, benefits are beneficial to the company rather than the employees.

3. "They don't care"

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative
    Former Employee - Tech Support Representative

I worked at teleNetwork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, work from home

Cons

No oppprtunities for raises. High stress. Low pay for the amount of work and expectations put on you. Cut hours. No incentives to work hard. Training was way too short. They don't care about you.

4. "Loved it but hours were cut in half"

Current Employee - Remote Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Remote Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at teleNetwork part-time (More than a year)

Pros

working from home and people I worked with

Cons

hours available not looked at when scheduling

Advice to Management

let your stars shine and don't push them out the door

5. "It was okay job."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a virtual setting.

Cons

You sometimes had to do mandatory overtime.
    They made it hard to get your raise.
    Low pay

6. "It'll get you by while you look for better."

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in San Marcos, TX

I worked at teleNetwork full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits after 90 days but they're not much better than not using the benefits.

Cons

Too many cons to list. Most of the Team Leaders don't care about your well being, and only how they look in reports.

Advice to Management

Nepotism is ruining your company.

7. "FEAR MONGERS - Don't have to give you raises - DO NOT APPLY!"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Cumming, GA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Cumming, GA

I worked at teleNetwork full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work from home.... NOTHING ELSE

Cons

I worked with TNI (AKA Telenetwork) for 3 years of my life. They have different contracts that you can work in.... I worked on the "Cspire" contract a cell phone company based in MS. FIRST, they are fear mongers, if you get lucky to get a manager or Team Leader, (telenetwork terminology) you will be safe until that person is either fired, replaced or quits. YOU WILL BE IN CONSTANT FEAR OF KEEPING YOUR 8 dollar an hour job and IF you make it to a supervisor (Leader 1 or L1) you will still be in constant fear of keeping your job. If you ask for help they will help for 1 week.... after that when you ask for help they will ask you "how can you help yourself?" after 3 weeks if you are not performing you should start looking for another job. The executives there hide behind their Team Leader/Mangers to do their dirty work when firing you. Additionally if the Manger/team lead or Exec really don't care for you they will make things so difficult for you that they will make you quit on your own or find some MUNDANE thing to nag you about until you quit. THIS JOB IS GARBAGE! I wasted 3 years of my life I will never get back working for Telenetwork/Cspire and getting little to NO appreciation for the time spent away from my KID my WIFE and MY FAMILY (as you are EXPECTED to work HOLIDAYS, with most holidays not getting holiday pay, Christmas and New Years are the exceptions). Any pressure put on the Mangers/Team Leaders by the Executives YOU WILL FEEL THE SAME PRESSURE. Mangers/Team Leaders do NOT leave their emotional baggage at the door. In addition to more Mangers/Team Leaders coming and going because even they HATE THE JOB. This job is TOXIC everyone that I worked with as a SUPERVISOR/L1 hated their job. ADDITIONALLY as a "SUPERVISOR/L1" I had not additional authority besides take escalated calls where ppl would yell at me and belittle me and I'm expected to turn the customer around with little to no reward other then keeping my job. OHHH and their software is embedded into your Operating System so they can basically access your computer whenever where ever, which mean they can wipe your comp as they did with 1 of my computers if you are trying to save conversations or anything that can be used against them. If this still hasn't discouraged you I don't know what will. Good Luck if you still wish to apply to any job with Telenetwork.

Advice to Management

learn how to manage, stop treating your employees like trash. GET OVER YOURSELVES

"Sinking Ship"

Current Employee - Level II in San Marcos, TX
    Current Employee - Level II in San Marcos, TX

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Its a work from home job.

Cons

Low pay, even if you have worked here for years they max out your pay at $13 an hour. They rarely promote people to management. The people who do get promoted, tend to be related to current managers and executives. Most executives are related to Anthony Herrera, either wife/children or inlaws, people married to his children. Executives not related to Anthony also share the same nepotism, as several executives are married to team leaders, middle management people, or have sibling team leaders

Advice to Management

Stop the nepotism, and raise wages so you can hire quality people or keep the quality people you currently have. Whats going to happen when the minimum wage goes to $15, you can either be proactive about it or reactive about it. Unfortunately, TNI will be reactive about it, and will likely fold as a result, or drastically scale back operations.

9. "Get what you put in"

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement, decent Benefits, good people

Cons

The pay is less than average for some positions

10. "Very Out of Touch company"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Remote, OR

I worked at teleNetwork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Recruiters were nice

Cons

Upper Management is completely disconnected. $10 an hour is 1980s pay. This is 2019 you can make $14 an hour working at Hardees. Takes WAY too long to start employees working.

Advice to Management

Stop being so stubborn, and pay the correct wages. Working from home is not an excuse to pay pathetic wages. $16 an hour is a good start. Stop taking so long to start training for new hires! Talented people will never wait around weeks and months to start a job that pays $10 an hour!!!!! This is very simple business knowledge!!!