tpn Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
tpn Chief Executive Officer Sharon Love
Sharon Love

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This company also has a good work/life balance, and unlike other agencies treats you like an adult" (in 6 reviews)

• "Great people, company values employees" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work/life balance is a bit tricky, but I'm a workaholic, so it doesn't bother me as much as it would others" (in 7 reviews)

• "I work pretty long hours, and am almost always here late" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Production"

Current Employee - Production Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at tpn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professional attitudes and behavior obvious. Committed, hard workers with hardly any bellyaching. Collaboration all around. Generous time-off/vacation policy. Excellent benefits. Fun atmosphere, company events.

Cons

Only the best are recognized for advancement so there's often the need to excel or move on. And, like any business in this industry, there's no "5 o'clock whistle," so be prepared to put in the work.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and try to meet their needs for job satisfaction, enrichment and advancement.

"No longer what it was, and would never recommened this as a place to any friends"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at tpn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Medical and vacation benefits are good. Paid parking, or train pass is great. Co-workers are great people.

Cons

Company is quickly changing, and not what it used to be. Higher management and HR have no idea who the people are, and don't seem to care to get to know them. The perks that once were, are dwindling. Some benefits have been removed with no monetary compensation, thus indirectly reducing income. Space for employees is changing to a full open concept, which makes working near impossible due to noise level and distractions. This is not TPN's doing, it's Omnicom, but it's the situation. Raises are minimal and rarely happen. Review process is horrible, and does not provide employees with a true idea of their performance, or areas they need to improve.

Advice to Management

Top leadership in Dallas, Chicago and NY, take time to really get to know your employees, including your middle management. Look all employees in the eye and be friendly, smile and say hi when you pass by them in the hall or kitchen. Require all top tier leaders/directors to have monthly one-on-ones with all their direct reports. There are some top management who have never bothered to meet with, or get to know any of their direct reports. You need to lead by example, and talk with them about what you want from them. Listen to their challenges, and help them be better managers. HR should also take time to get to know all management and meet with them regularly.

tpn Response

Jan 7, 2019 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We view feedback as an opportunity to grow and develop our organization. TPN values its employees and takes pride in the hiring and development processes. Having said that... More

3. "Intern"

Pros

I loved my experience as an intern at tpn. The people I worked with treated me like an actual employee rather than just an intern. Its a very cool company culture and a great place to work.

Cons

The internship program is not very well organized.

4. "Simply Amazing"

Current Employee - AAE in New York, NY
    Current Employee - AAE in New York, NY

I have been working at tpn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place has helped me grow in ways that I never thought possible. This place lives and breathes by the core values they have on the wall. The core values are prevalent in all of the people who work here.
    Yes, there are people who are a bit stressed out sometimes due to the workload, but that's how it is in any agency. However, everyone is always super happy to help out in anyway they can.

Cons

The work/life balance is a bit tricky, but I'm a workaholic, so it doesn't bother me as much as it would others.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Always keep in mind that those under you are following your example.

5. "Smart company"

I have been working at tpn full-time

Pros

Positive and supportive leadership
    Forward looking

Cons

Under the rule of Omnicom

6. "Account Director | Program Manager"

Former Employee - Account Director | Program Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Director | Program Manager in New York, NY

I worked at tpn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hard working business developers and account managers

Cons

Not Applicable, No Comment

Advice to Management

Not applicable, No Comment

7. "So good, you might never want to leave"

Current Employee - Art Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Art Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at tpn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All around good benefits with low deductibles
    In-house massage therapist
    Growth opportunities
    Family-like with a truly "long hallway" feel between the offices
    Pre-tax transit benefits and 401K matching (vests over 4 or 5 years)

Cons

Pay doesn't seem to match market rate, lots of employee turn over if they can't match competitors
    It's truly a hit or miss with your team. I'm shocked at how much of a different world it is on a horrible team.

Advice to Management

Reasonable hours and a good work/life balance doesn't pay the bills. There's a lot of great talent coming in through a revolving door that could be retained longer by keeping pay as competitive as possible (and addressing toxic teams). I'm rooting for y'all, I really am. TPN truly has the ability to be the best of the best.

8. "All About the Benefits"

Current Employee - Creative Director
    Current Employee - Creative Director

I have been working at tpn full-time

Pros

Flexibility, Big Time Clients, great, great benefits...

Cons

Some teams are better than others - there's a stronger investment on the account and planning side than creative.

Advice to Management

Creative talent is becoming fewer and far between. Should not only invest, but nurture early and mid-level talent before other agencies do...

9. "A Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at tpn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family oriented, amazing office managers, team cares about one another, weekly social happy hours, world class project managers (among the best I've had the pleasure of working with) offers education opportunities to further skills

Cons

Can't take the stairs between floors in the building!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

10. "The best of both worlds"

I have been working at tpn full-time

Pros

At my time here I've had the opportunity to work on big name clients while still maintaining some creative freedom. This company also has a good work/life balance, and unlike other agencies treats you like an adult. If the work gets done, and the quality remains high, there's little micro-managing. Also, the free daily lunch and monthly massage helps. Great culture!

Cons

A bit top heavy when it comes to management, with little turnover at higher levels. Still finding its identity in a digital world.