tpn Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
tpn Chief Executive Officer Sharon Love
Sharon Love

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • As a mother, I am thankful for the work/life balance this agency offers (in 5 reviews)

• TPN's Employee culture makes the work environment feel more like family (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • all, in all, TPN really encourages a work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• I work pretty long hours, and am almost always here late (in 6 reviews)

1. "A great place to work"

I have been working at tpn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Incredible culture with focus on taking care of its people combined with long-term partnerships with blue chip companies makes TPN a great place to be

Cons

Agency has experienced much growth in recent years which has resulted in natural growth pains

Advice to Management

Keep putting your people first. I have been at many other agencies and this sets you apart.

2. "Superstar CEO & Talented Staff...This Agency Outshines All Other Employers"

Current Employee - Account Service in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Service in Dallas, TX

I have been working at tpn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best company I have ever worked for. Finally an employer who cares! Colleagues are intelligent, accomplished and want to help each other achieve the client's goals. You won't find a bigger group of talented people! Senior leaders are supportive of your concerns and instrumental in your growth. TPN hires the best of the best in the industry! Perks and benefits are better than any other company around. I plan to be at TPN many more years! CEO, Sharon Love, is absolutely the best!

Cons

You will work hard here so don't take the job if you can't take the heat! Most work is on an accelerated timeline so buckle up!

Advice to Management

Just keep listening to your employees!

3. "Great culture and management!"

I have been working at tpn full-time

Pros

culture, benefits, great people, interesting clients

Cons

sometimes the route to promotions and raises are not consistent from team to team

4. "TPN"

Current Employee - Motion Graphics Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Motion Graphics Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at tpn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Welcoming, tight knit employees. Good team size, healthy project time lines, few late nights. Company authentically cares about it's employees. Open, shared workspace makes it easy to interact with co-workers.

Cons

Large, open, shared workspace can be difficult to focus in. Provides for easy distractions.

Oct 6, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We love hearing that you can see how much TPN truly cares about the employees. We are happy to have you as part of the team!

"A Forgettable Marketing Masquerade."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at tpn full-time

Pros

Weekly catered lunch, unfortunately served on Fridays. Not worth the five days of excremental projects it takes to get there.

Cons

Feckless Creative Directors who do not know how to direct.

Advice to Management

Get rid of clients that are even more spineless than you.

"Account Coordinator"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at tpn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, Massages 3x a week that you can sign up for, lunch learn-ins, agency experience.

Cons

Your experience depends on your team. I think I was quite unlucky with the personalities on my team. For me, a very negative environment and a team that was not very supportive. It's just your typical job where if you're not a person of status, your opinion does not matter. This was my first job and there really isn't any interest from your team to help you grow and develop beyond. So, I resorted to mass company generic-topic luncheons. You're really treated like a low-paid minion. Low pay, long hours, stingy raises, busy-work. Most of your days are spent running around between creative and account teams relaying the same information, getting approvals. It's okay for getting some agency experience, but move on.

Jun 30, 2017 – Recruiter

Your experience will vary depending on the team that you are on as each does function differently. The Account Coordinator position is an entry level role, so there will be a lot of administrative... More

7. "Account Coordinator"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator

I have been working at tpn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, very fun lively atmosphere. They put a real effort in to make work enjoyable. The work always keeps you on your toes, its pretty fast paced but in a fun way. You learn a lot about the retail industry and what goes into large POS campaigns.

Cons

A little too lax on upper management. Bosses are gone more than they are there. POS and retail can get a little old, can feel limiting in what you will learn.

Advice to Management

The longevity of TPN employees is normally great but people here get a little too comfortable. If someone has had the same roll for 15-20 years they probably don't know much about the industry, besides their little part of it. Maybe rotate people every few years onto different accounts? It would keep them a lot fresher and bring a new dynamic to accounts that could use it.

8. "Group Account Director"

I worked at tpn full-time

Pros

Culture. TPN has such an amazing company culture. Coworker truly care and like each other. Its a great place to come to work everyday. There are great opportunities for learning via internal "university" as well as external.

Cons

Open office space. Hard to concentrate when there are so many distractions.

Advice to Management

none.

"Family environment"

I have been working at tpn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many of the employees have been at tpn for 10+ years and when they tell you in hiring that it is a "family" they aren't lying.

Cons

tpn is sometimes trying to be a bigger agency than it is, in terms of projects and clients. Behind the times in career development and innovation since most of senior management has only worked at tpn.

Advice to Management

focus on your core- shopper marketing.

"Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Studio Production in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Studio Production in Dallas, TX

I worked at tpn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k, Free food, Free parking or train, It's sad that there are no additional pros to come up with for this place.

Cons

Culture is non-existent now
    Management is only concerned about profits
    New ideas are frowned upon
    No transparency across entire company

Advice to Management

Stop sugar coating everything and get real with your people, they need to know what's going on.

Jun 30, 2017 – Recruiter

Agency life can be tough, especially when a client makes the difficult decision to switch things up. Thankfully, we have numerous clients that have been with us for over ten years! TPN will continue... More