ttcInnovations Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2020

4.2
ttcInnovations CEO, Founder Debbie Wooldridge (no image)
Debbie Wooldridge
  1. "ttc is top notch"

I have been working at ttcInnovations for more than 5 years

Pros

ttc is an incredible company to work with. Management is caring and professional and they have built a team of awesome contractors that are also a delight to work on team projects with. Their client list is pretty impressive too and provide for some fun and interesting project work.

Cons

None really. Seemingly consistent stream of project offers. Pay on time. Only con is that the small teams usually change up for each project. Wish I could stay on the same project teams sometimes and that projects wouldn't end. As I mentioned above - some pretty great people to work with!

2. "What a Horrible Company! They Don’t Pay Their Contractors"

1.0
    Former Freelancer - Instructional Systems Designer in Chicago, IL

I worked at ttcInnovations for less than a year

Pros

None! Absolutely none. The experience was not a positive one.

Cons

In 30 years of creating training programs, I can truly say, TTC is the absolute worst company I have ever encountered. The leadership is disrespectful starting with HR, and they don’t pay their contractors. I know several contractors that didn’t get paid for work produced. They tell you what hours they are willing to pay. They short pay or don’t pay at all. They create fixed pricing scams to keep from paying hourly wages for work and all their tons of meetings. They are over managed and the micro-managers, especially the PMs are rude and assign deadlines before you even start a project. They lie. All of the staff lies. They are unethical. They try to ruin reputations and try to find a way to not pay for work delivered. They don’t want to pay for meetings and over managed mentoring sessions. They have mentors for senior talent. It’s all over the place. The mentors are clueless about their open internal processes. They send emails all day long changing processes. They did not pay the majority of the contractors on a project for long tedious onboarding of contractors. They refused pay for work from contractors who completed assignments. They require all their staff to be on calls with the SMEs and they want you to copy everyone at their company. They have horrible personalities. The reviews on here that are raves are all lies. TTC’s staff wrote those reviews. It’s an awful mess. I’m sure leadership will try to write a review after this to try to discredit this review, but TTC was not a reputable company I would recommend for contractors who like to get paid for work. Every contractor I’ve ever worked with, likes to get paid for a days work.

Continue reading

3. "Couldn’t be more impressed with ttcInnovations!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at ttcInnovations full-time for less than a year

Pros

I continue to be more and more impressed with ttcInnovations. The management is incredibly supportive, providing ongoing mentorship. They have a great sense of vision and planning. Expectations are clear, they take the time to plan, evaluate and support goals. It is a really collaborative and fun environment that encourages innovation, feedback, and work-life balance. Everyone is willing to lend an extra hand and are truly rallying for each other. It is a virtual organization that allows for a great deal of flexibility. For me, not having a commute is incredibly convenient. The overall benefits are exceptional.

Cons

A virtual environment isn’t for everyone. Staying motivated, communicating across time zones, and simply finding the balance can be difficult.

4. "Solid company / Great processes"

I have been working at ttcInnovations for more than 10 years

Pros

A great company to work for and do business with. This comment is tied to the same wonderful attribute: procedurally sound. This company has well established and proven processes and procedures in place that begin with analysis and go through QA. The checks and balances that go on behind the scenes has created outstanding products and, most importantly, very satisfied clients!

Cons

It's contract work so it's understandable that 'feast or famine' is typical when it comes to work. For the most part, I'm busy but get frustrated when I see a ton of new employees come on board as I know it could affect my work.

5. "Working at ttcInnovations is unrivaled!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at ttcInnovations part-time for more than a year

Pros

I truly can't give less than full marks to ttcInnovations because even if I sat down and tried to find a fault in my employment, I couldn't! The team is encouraging and fun, but equally passionate about their roles and seeing the people they interact with succeed. Everyone is out to help each other as much as they can. Benefits are beyond generous. Leadership is always trying to make your role as straightforward as it can be by eliminating as many items that could be distracting from producing great work as possible. They are transparent and releasing; truly wanting you to be the best you can be not only for the benefit of the company. It is an entirely remote workplace, meaning there is a fair amount of flexibility which is unbeatable for work-life balance. To sum it up, I rarely leave work without being inspired, encouraged or having grown in some capacity!

Cons

You may struggle if you are not self-motivated and a self-starter due to the nature of working remotely. Work-life balance could also be an issue if you are not able to draw clear boundaries between work and personal life.

6. "They go the extra mile!"

Current Contractor - Instructional Designer in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at ttcInnovations for more than 10 years

Pros

Endless support and growth opportunities; strong teamwork culture even though we all work remotely; steady project offers; welcoming of new ideas, innovation and out-of-the-box ideas

Cons

There have been some years where project offers were pretty light for one quarter.

7. "Best of Both Worlds - Be your own boss and be a part of a team"

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at ttcInnovations for more than 10 years

Pros

The #1 pro that myself and many others feel is the work from home/virtual environment. Being your own company contracting with ttcInnovations provides a lot of flexibility to cultivate an outside of work lifestyle. You don't spend hours in the car to and from an office, primping for the day or wasted time gabbing in side conversations when you just want to get in and get your work done and back home to your family for instance. But right up there with this flexibility, is you get to be a part of a team while being your own boss, so its the best of both worlds. ttcInnovations truly wants you to succeed, has a well oiled process in place and is a warm and welcoming environment. You are surrounded by high energy, driven and intelligent co-Innovators. You always feel supported by both the team and ttcLeadership. Both Debbie and Dana put their hearts and soul into this company, are always driving forward for expansion, improvements and success for everyone involved. You get to own your work and work effort in an empowering way and how hard you work is how successful you can become. Debbie is a strong, fiery leader blazing trails and making things happen all with underlying compassion. Dana is genuinely caring, kind and thoughtful. She makes you feel appreciated, valued and she will go to bat for you in whatever way is needed to ensure not only success but your individual happiness and satisfaction as well. What is required to be successful at ttc is, you have to be a self starter and motivator, driven, always improving, valuing and respecting the team and process atmosphere and be both flexible and responsive. It is a fluid environment, sometimes crazy and busy with intense deadlines and sometimes a lull in between initiatives where you can rest and recharge for the next challenge. You are never bored and get to work on many projects and with multiple clients and lines of business so you are always learning and growing.

Cons

This can be viewed as a con by some but not everyone and that is the fluctuating level of work and therefore money. It is true contracting and is based on a project by project basis. If you like flexibility like that and are good at managing your money to prepare for the ups and downs of income flow, then it is perfect. If you truly need steady 40 hours a week work consistently week in and week out, then this would be a con.

"Terrific work environment!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Liaison in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ttcInnovations part-time for less than a year

Pros

Quick pros: virtual work environment, flexibility, work/life balance, welcoming and supportive atmosphere, great teamwork, opportunities for career advancement The CEO stays very involved with the company, taking an active role in the success of not only the organization as a whole, but each individual as well. She does her research on the learning industry to stay ahead of the curve. Managers are supportive, responsive, and open to different skills, work styles, and schedules.

Cons

From an employee perspective, none. From my perspective after 8 years of consulting with them, they do move at a fast pace and follow a specific procedure for each project. Some may find this constricting, but it has helped me hone my skills and become more efficient over time.

"If they find out you’re not a white woman you won’t be hired or you won’t be given anymore work"

2.0

I worked at ttcInnovations

Pros

Remote projects, intrapreneur working model

Cons

Be careful when giving this company your work samples from other companies. They interview people to view samples to steal and take for their own.

Continue reading

ttcInnovations Response

January 3, 2019

As a Women Owned (WBENC) certified company, we understand the importance of diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and share that same approach when interviewing candidates to represent our organization internally and with out clients. Our team is comprised of highly skilled individuals who have been selected based on the demonstration of their character and skills in areas of expertise. Being a virtual company ensures that our talent acquisition process is done in the upmost non-biased manner since all interviews are conducted via the telephone rather than in person. We take our interview process one step further to ensure no biases exist by completing blind candidate portfolio reviews to evaluate competency and skill alignment. The reviewer is not provided any identifying information about the candidate or previous interview notes so that they can focus on the quality of the work samples provided.

10. "Working for TTC Was Challenging"

2.0
    Current Contractor - Instructional Designer

I have been working at ttcInnovations for more than a year

Pros

Great projects and the ability to work virtually.

Cons

Limited autonomy and lack of decision-making authority in working with clients. They look for experienced people but the manage projects so tightly that an experienced person can't do their best work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 English Reviews