KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 166 of over 178 reviews

3.5
v2 Ventures CEO Ben Legg
Ben Legg
Pros
  • "Relax company culture, good code, good management, free lunches(in 32 reviews)

• "Decent benefits including free lunches twice a week and free beverages(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes have to work long hours on short notice(in 6 reviews)

• "I guess I would say; Adknowledge is fast paced and constantly changing, so you have to be able to quickly adapt to new challenges(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

AdParlor - Innovation and Teamwork

Jan 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

In a great industry - social & video advertising. Great platform and ambitious plans for the future, including all sorts of innovation with data. Work hard, play hard culture with very supportive work colleagues. We are One Team.

Cons

Long hours and high expectations. I think all/ most of the negative reviews on Glassdoor were written by ex employees who were let go because they didn't fit in - not intelligent enough, not hard working enough or too political.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Manager Dependent

May 20, 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is flexibility in your work and hours depending on your role

Cons

The experience is very dependent on your direct manager. Some are great. Some are less so.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

No Two Days the Same at ADK

Jun 19, 2014 - Team Lead, Account Management in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Adknowledge is unlike any place I have worked in Kansas City. We really embody the phrase "work hard, play hard". There is a contagious energy in the office - everyone strives to come up with better ideas and more innovative strategies than we did the day before. Our industry is always changing, forcing us to adapt with it. No two work days are the same for this reason, which makes coming to work every day much more enjoyable. Employee are rewarded for hard work with tons of perks, like a casual dress code, catered lunches, free soda machines and Starbucks coffee. It is not uncommon to find people shooting pool, playing darts or engaging in a fierce game in the break room throughout the day.

Cons

There are a lot of opportunities to move and change positions throughout the company and to other office locations, but there is somewhat limited opportunity for upward career advancement. Senior management and leadership roles do not become available very often.

18 people found this review helpful

v2 Ventures Response

Communications manager

We appreciate your candid thoughts; we try to provide frequent and timely updates on notable changes at the company. Perhaps we should re-examine our efforts and do more. Thanks!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's a cliche but we really do work hard play hard.

Dec 8, 2014 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

We have great leadership with a clear vision. No one is looking over my shoulder and telling me what to do each day. I have my tasks and I'm evaluated based on my performance. We don't sweat the little things. Feels like my second family. Great benefits, very casual comfortable environment. They want you to feel at home and it does feel that way. Catered food twice a week, beer in the fridge, pool table. Excellent medical benefits.

Cons

It's an entrepreneurship environment, if you like clear cut daily tasks this might not be for you.

21 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Highly talented organization with incredibly opportunity for advancement

Mar 31, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dynamic, fast paced and constantly evolving company. There is always something new to learn and a new way to contribute to the success of the business. Employees are empowered to think outside the box and collaborate with their fellow highly intelligent, driven co-workers. Employees are recognized for their contribution and there is great opportunity to move within the various business units, expanding your own individual knowledge as well as furthering your career.

Cons

The company is demanding - but this isn't necessarily a "con" for most of the employees. The demanding culture brings with it innovation and success. This is not the company for someone looking for a 9-5 job where they can blend into a group.

16 people found this review helpful

v2 Ventures Response

Communications manager

Thank you for the review and for your years of contribution. It's important to hear from an Adknowledge veteran with your level of experience and perspective!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

An industry thought leader and amazing Kansas City success story

Apr 22, 2013 - Vice President in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The level of talent is unbelievable. Leadership from Google, Fox, AOL and Axciom and a large and dynamic software development organization. -The resources to actually build things. Most advertising companies rely on creative and fluff to sell their products. Adknowledge is a legitimate technology company with the development staff and patent credentials to prove it. -Lots of opportunities for advancement if you perform and lots of room to move. Many employees start in Kansas City and end up in San Francisco, Toronto, London or New York. Some of them are now at Google, Twitter, Facebook, Activision and a myriad of other major players. -Catered lunches twice a week, casual environment, open schedule for work hours and PTO.

Cons

-Commitment is required. If you are someone that wants to check out at 5pm every day, it's probably not for you. -The industry is growing and evolving very quickly and the complex technical underpinnings of that can be intimidating. It's challenging to keep tabs on all of the moving parts.

6 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Solid opportunity for career growth

Nov 5, 2013 - Business Development in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Right company at the right time. Adknowledge is on a steep upward trajectory to be a dominate player in a number of digital marketing channels. Good opportunity to be apart of an organization that is open to good ideas and willing to give them a test. Tons to learn and everyone is open to sharing their product knowledge. The finest quality of the company is that there products are of major benefit to their clients along with great account management. This is a great company to not only sell and develop good products but also expand your industry knowledge.

Cons

As for now, the company is committed to isolating divisions which could be a challenge to tier sales reps who could benefit from selling multiple products and substantially increasing their earning potential. This is being addressed and hopefully there will be greater potential for talented sales reps that are willing and capable to cross sell all of Adknowledges products to do so and earn substantial commissions.

13 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee

A start up that has a bright future

Dec 18, 2008 - Online Ad Sales in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The atmosphere, management and personnel provides a fantastic work place to work. As a start up company, there is a lot room to grow and move up in management. The experience that is gained, is irreplaceable. The current management has some amazing history and a wealth of knowledge to gain from. the CEO is a young and driven man who knows how to take care of his employees and provide his employees a longevity within the organization. The opportunity to make a good living is very possible. Whatever position you take at Adknowledge, it will propel you to many opportunities.

Cons

The company is still growing and searching for additional quality of traffic for all our customers. With that said, the company is continuing to find additional ways to improve to provide the best service possible. As a start up organization, you don't have the efficiency as some other larger companies might have. Traffic is the continual concern which is always being addressed. With the direction that the company is headed... its worth the sacrifice to work hard and reap the benefits that will happen at Adknowledge. If you are looking for a company that can provide a decent service, Adknowledge will be consider a massive force in 2009.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Great fun, results-driven culture

Nov 18, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Very results driven. If you are looking for a place to grow, be challenged and rewarded for efforts, this is the place to be. Lots of opportunity across products, functions and around the global (Adknowledge is currently in 20 countries). Management gives the team a lot of autonomy to get the job done. Company is very focused on a work hard, play hard culture. Expectations are very high. But lots of emphasis on culture: scavenger hunts, ping pong tournaments, even a beer fridge keeps the environment fun.

Cons

If you like to slack off on your job, this is not the place for you.

17 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

On the cutting edge of its market, where your contribution makes a difference.

Apr 22, 2013 -  in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Highly impressed with the experience and intelligence of my co-workers. - The company is clearly a leader in its field. - Management has created an innovative and creative work environment focused on continually meeting emerging client needs in the evolving digital advertising space. - The company has a strong collegial atmosphere and a work hard / play hard culture. - The company and its people are strongly driven to succeed - to be the next big thing on the Internet. - The company's management team is providing strong leadership and direction.

Cons

- As the company grows, it should ensure more consistency in the way it does business. - As more new employees join, the company should increase training to continue to ensure quality. - Lean staffing can mean that you have to cover all aspects of a project

4 people found this review helpful