vRide Reviews | Glassdoor

vRide CEO Ann Fandozzi
Ann Fandozzi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Executive"

I worked at vRide (More than a year)

Pros

Great product that saves people money

Cons

limited product lines to sell.

2. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Pros

Local management is very committed.

Cons

Head office out of tune with field..

Advice to Management

better communications

"Local teams feel like family"

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at vRide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great benefits
    -Great networking opportunities
    -Good knowledge exposure on fleet and HR processes

Cons

-Senior management in Michigan and PA can feel disconnected regarding judgement at times
    -Not many upward mobility opportunities due to small field office sizes
    -Enterprise Holdings purchase adds a level of uncertainty in both the company and industry

Advice to Management

With the Enterprise Holdings purchase, everyone is feeling both uncertain and worried, even if they do not verbalize it. I recommend solidifying plans to keep employees on the payroll ASAP in order to reinforce confidence in the judgment and decision-making ability of the company. You have a big opportunity to make vRide into a long-lasting and beneficial brand for Enterprise, and it boils down to how it is handled in the first 3 months. Our customers and co-workers are depending on you.

"Everyone should have known what was coming"

I worked at vRide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

All Pros are from the past when the company started as Metro Van Pool and people cared. Things were good then for all employees.

Cons

Employees on the field level are over worked, under paid and not appreciated. Everyone from Ann down the management tree knows how to lie, spend way too much money on eating out, hotels, cars and trying to look important when they don't even have a clue what is going on. The company on was the selling block for at least a year before it was sold. I believe that Ann was brought in to blow smoke up everyone's rear end and get it ready to sell. All the while acting liked she really cared for the little people that made things happen.

Advice to Management

Clean house from the top down. Enterprise should get all new managers.

"Very Bad, Please do not work here"

Former Employee - Engineering, Field and Software in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Engineering, Field and Software in Troy, MI

I worked at vRide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good to say, there are other better companies, only thing is CEO is understanding and good woman. Every other manager is a liar.

Cons

Please do not work on any field, like customer care specialist, field specialist, any IT jobs. Work from home is only for managers not for all the employees. I was overworked disrespected and was terminated without any notice. If they don't like you, they will make up anything to fire you. Very worst company.

Advice to Management

Please review your polices and keep good managers not fake ones

6. "Customer Care Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist

I have been working at vRide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of flexibility in daily activities keeps work interesting. Regional Business Managers want to help as much as possible. CEO is trustworthy and wants to make the right things happen.

Cons

Salary is low compared to comparable positions in the industry.

Advice to Management

Go back to the basics on what the core mission is, but diversify to continue to be the market leader.

"Working at Vride"

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Everything is great there. No complaints

Cons

Can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Underpaid...Overworked...Disrespected"

I worked at vRide full-time

Pros

Overall everyone below the "Leadership Team" /VP level is very nice, hardworking, and committed to seeing the company succeed.

Casual Dress Code

Cons

Two to three years ago this company was thriving and seemed committed to their employees. As a new hire you were surrounded by veteran employees who really believed in the company, it felt like a good place.

Over the past year and a half things have drastically changed. Employees at every level are overworked and underpaid. Not a single employee received a merit raise last year, but the "Leadership Team" was still enjoying steak dinners and staying at 5 star hotels.

The "Leadership Team" claims to be transparent and approachable. When in reality they are neither. There are members of the "Leadership Team" who are not only unprofessional, but down right disrespectful and unethical, but no one dares to mention it for fear of their jobs.

HR refused to put certain information in writing. There was no employee handbook for over two years.

Whole departments are restructured by leadership without letting the members of those departments know until positions have been filled and changes made. Imagine walking into work one day and having a new boss without being told that they were even planning on hiring someone.

Hardworking employees are told they will receive a raise based on performance, but even prior to financial difficulties within the company when given a perfect performance review, never received a dime.

Employees who do not have college degrees or appropriate work experience are paid more than employees that do because they know someone within the company.

When I left my position no exit interview was conducted and I even reached out to HR to let them know I would be happy to discuss my reasons for leaving as I thought their might be value in that since they price themselves on being a "learning organization", but no one ever contacted me.

The former "corporate office" in Michigan was not properly heated, cooled or maintained. We were sent home multiple time due to building issues, including major flooding and a gas leak.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to be transparent when you aren't. If you're actually interested in hearing employees feedback maybe you should start listening to them. If you listened to your current employees while they still worked for you wouldn't have so many former employees posting on glassdoor.

Spend some time learning about what each department does before you start making changes that effect their ability to do their jobs. Have a per diem on travel expenses, it would save the company a ton of money.

"Good Product, Poor Pricing and Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I worked at vRide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The concept of the product - vanpooling/carpooling - is great and eco-friendly. The pay and benefits were good while I was there. Except when it came to calculating bonuses and they couldn't do 6th grade math and took over 3 months to correct it.

Cons

The pricing was terrible unless they were selling to government workers. The "leadership team" didn't lead much at all and did so from at least 4 states away from where most of the work was actually being done. The accounting practices where terrible, if not unethical. They couldn't do basic math. The blew all kinds of money but had shrinking margins. They just aren't able to keep up or provide a reasonably priced product.

Advice to Management

They already had my advice, which is probably why I no longer work there, but you can't have your entire leadership team scattered across the country and expect to run a successful enterprise.

"Finding Our Way"

I have been working at vRide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Caring CEO, willingness to change if it is the right course of action, caring attitude toward workforce, working hard to bring positive change to peoples' lives.

Cons

We have withstood tough times with a lot of turnover and a good amount of change but are on the right course.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to the workforce. Continue bringing innovation to the field and to the staff.