ventek Reviews | Glassdoor

ventek Reviews

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.2
  1. "Very Rewarding Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at ventek full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company culture is positive, supportive and rewarding. Management is very knowledgeable, approachable, receptive and supportive. The entire staff is very talented and dedicated, and there's a great sense of camaraderie. Generous benefits, especially the Health benefits. I'm confident that our clients receive the very best products and Customer Service that our industry has to offer.

Cons

The occasional problem that indicates this company is still trying to run itself like a start-up company - but that's extremely rare.

Advice to Management

Keep at it! You're doing fantastic!

ventek2017-09-14
  2. "Technical"

I worked at ventek full-time

Pros

The company appears well-run. Employees are dedicated and work hard. Expectations are high but not out of reach The pace is generally sane. Employees are generous with their time training newbies. It's very much a family environment in the very best sense of the word.

Cons

As a small business with limited resources it can't (or won't) absorb added costs of unexpected problems that arise in the marketplace from its products and instead reallocates financial resources (e.g. lays off people) to fund solving the problems.

Advice to Management

Pay less attention to tracking every hour every employee works to make sure they put in a full work week. These are dedicated adults.

ventek2017-12-05
  3. "Great Company"

I worked at ventek

Pros

Casual dress, small community work atmosphere. Easy going

Cons

Every company has their issues. When the building they were in was small, there wasn't any privacy to do your work. They've since moved and in a great location. Each employee now has the space needed to work comfortably.

ventek2016-11-10
  4. "No employee appreciation"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous in Petaluma, CA

I worked at ventek for more than a year

Pros

Some employees really cared about their jobs and making an effort to build a teamwork environment.

Cons

Poor and unprofessional management.

ventek2016-04-22
  5. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Petaluma, CA

I worked at ventek full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have no pros for this company

Cons

Horrible atmosphere, bosses are discriminatory and rude.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring idiots and you will actually sell something

ventek2014-05-16
  6. "You have to take the good with the bad and make a decision from there."

I have been working at ventek

Pros

-Casual dress everyday (jeans, t-shirts etc.), although, every once in a blue moon the CEO/President will request a dress up day per possible investments etc. -Most employees are super nice and willing to work with you. -You will never be sitting around looking for something to work on. -People are willing to help, if you ask for it. -The company is small enough to feel as though you're part of a team but... large enough to help you feel a sense of job security. -Very easy to learn a bit about what everyone's roles are. -The company product is always expanding technologically. If you are a bit of a tech geek this may be right up your alley. -Very flexible with work schedule-depending on job, obviously. -I've always felt that the salary was just under par with the city average; however, you have to take into consideration what a small company can afford. -Most employees need little direct supervision and most employees get little direct supervision.

Cons

-Although the new building is a HUGE improvement from the old one, it's already starting to get crowded, so a lot of employees are doubling up in offices. -This is a transition company, (which could be a pro or con) by that I mean, it's a small company trying to make it to the next level. In doing so there are occasional disagreements on the direction of the company and plenty of learning through doing. -This... isn't the company to go to if you're looking to climb the corporate ladder. It isn't a large enough company and there aren't enough open positions to do this. Management has been there for a long time and should someone leave, they would most likely be replaced externally.

Advice to Management

Company moral is a very important factor in getting the best performance from your employees. When push comes to shove, people are more willing to bend over backwards and do all they can to ensure highest possible outcomes if they feel they are valued. I'm not saying that this is a company of undervalued zombies, but it never hurts to makes sure your employees know that you sincerely appreciate their efforts.

ventek2014-02-18
  7. "Great place to work as long as you don't need to make a living from the income working there."

Security Consultant in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at ventek

Pros

Very flexable with work schedule

Cons

Cannot afford to work here.

Advice to Management

Do some research on base pay in the industry and for Petaluma. Businesses loose lots of money with turnover especialy in information tecnology. Sometimes it worth to pay extra money knowing that your computer systems and security will be smooth sailing.

ventek2009-12-05