zulily Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 723 reviews

2.8
zulily CEO Jeff Yurcisin
Jeff Yurcisin
Pros
  • "Work/life balance as someone who is hourly is fantastic, as long as you are not in a position for OT(in 33 reviews)

• "Its a fast paced work environment that always keeps me on my toes(in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "The pay is lower than other places but there's a lot of work/life balance and you get to work with amazing people(in 51 reviews)

• "Low pay and poor benefits are a huge reason people leave(in 43 reviews)

1. Business Development

Current Employee - Business Development in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Not Micro managed on duties. A lot of trust and room to "do the job". No issues with coming in early, no comments about it either pos or neg.

Cons

There are some games played with favorites, but I think that is almost everywhere today.

Advice to Management

Be open minded to hire passed employees. There could be many major advantages.

Thank u, next.

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Seattle, WA

I worked at zulily full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

-great people to work with -lots of innovation -wfh 1-3x a week (depending on “business needs”) -sometimes you’re allowed to drink at work (that has decreased since zulily was bought out by qvc/qurate) -definitely a great starter job, learned a lot -collaborative team environment

Cons

-pay and compensation isn’t competitive -being over worked and underpaid. Assistant buyers are required to publish events/disable or enable products at 6am or log on at night/weekends if necessary. The low pay doesn’t compensate the on call nature of the job -TOO MUCH CHANGE. When upper management thinks that we need to go in another direction we are expected to drop everything (and the hard work we’ve already put forth)...

Advice to Management

TAKE CARE OF YOUR PEOPLE. The churn is so great at zulily that it’s embarrassing. Cultivate, listen and take action to what your employees are saying to you. Don’t go and make a $5m sponsorship deal with the Sounders/Reign to “shake it up” and not compensate your employees, that shows where your priorities lie and it shows where an employee’s priority lies (hint: finding a new job). The new logo is horrible, change...

Great place to work

Current Employee - Finance in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good culture and work life balance, opportunities to take ownership and earn promotions

Cons

Lots of Sr management changes and the unique zulily culture being diluted under parent company Qurate

4. Assistant Buyer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at zulily full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good place for people right out of college

Cons

It has a school-like environment and a ton of turnover. Most people run on auto-pilot and are uninspired. Compensation is rough as well.

Advice to Management

At this point, just do something...

Good Management Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lockbourne, OH

I have been working at zulily full-time

Pros

Good pay, open to changes, fun work outings

Cons

Communication from senior leadership can be improved...

Great starting position

I worked at zulily full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I worked with a really great team, minus one in particular. Work/life balance as someone who is hourly is fantastic, as long as you are not in a position for OT. Large company, so if you would like to move or look for opportunities it is there

Cons

PAY and benefits are well below the par that is expected. Lack of advancement within the site, more inclined to bring people from the outside. Lack of communication from senior team. It doesn't trickle down fast enough.

Advice to Management

Grow your team members, don't stifle their potential by drowning them in too many projects.

Leadership does not care abt ur hard work

Current Employee - SDEII in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Work/life balance is ok, you get to learn a lot.

Cons

1) Leadership does not care if u work hard or not. For them you are the one employee. 2) Leadership does not keep there words.

8. I feel at home working here.

Current Employee - Order Picker in Columbus, OH

I have been working at zulily full-time for more than a year

Pros

They take associated opinions in consideration. They are very family oriented. They think outside the box

Cons

They may be too strict on production numbers in certain areas. They put production over safety

Advice to Management

Do the ground work before putting high expectations.

Poor benefits + Low compensation + Mediocre work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

People seem to be honest here. No backstabbing. Good work life balance.

Cons

- Mediocre work - Very low pay - compared to most other software companies in Seattle - Worst benefits - laughable at best - Stock keeps going down which takes TC further down every month Do yourself a favor - steer clear from Zulily. It will be a black mark in your career if you join. Many have left and a lot more are about to leave due to poor compensation and benefits.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Increase compensation across the company to retain people.

Meh, horrible turn over and bad management

Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at zulily full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I can't think of any... I was there for almost 5 years and it never seemed like company grew out of its "start up" phase. I enjoyed my time with some of my co workers

Cons

I was there for nearly 5 years and had 6 different managers and at times no interaction with those managers at all. No raise for my first two and half years (not even a chat about a promotion). I didn't have a manager to talk to and if I did they just started and didn't know what going on.

Advice to Management

Get your crap together and learn the strenghs of your employees and give them a 5 5 year plan.

Found 723 reviews