Some companies like Google and Facebook come to mind when you think of cool office spaces, but more and more companies are adding their own twists to the traditional workplace with cozy kitchens and complete gyms. These amenities help foster a unique company culture that builds close-knit teams and promotes healthy work-life balance no matter what the business does.
Through photos shared by employees on Glassdoor or via the Glassdoor apps, see what these 10 companies have that will make you wish you worked there.
1. Zappos introduced a UFO-shaped conference room in the center of its courtyard that can be booked for meetings. More Zappos photos.
2. HomeAway, an online vacation marketplace headquartered in Austin, TX, built its own miniature roof with a hammock for working and relaxing. More HomeAway photos.
3. Starbucks brings Seattle-based employees together with a homey, full-service cafeteria. More Starbucks photos.
4. Salesforce.com boasts a colorful kitchen with various sitting areas and coffee and food options. More Salesforce.com photos.
5. Hubspot, headquartered in Cambridge, MA, uses modern design to attract its employees to a new lounge. More Hubspot photos.
6. JustFab, a lifestyle fashion company headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, has an in-house photo studio where employees capture images for their online community. More JustFab photos.
7. Ogilvy & Mather, an advertising agency, provides a gym for its employees. More Ogilvy & Mather photos.
8. Oracle promotes healthy living with an in-house basketball and volleyball court. More Oracle photos.
9. Groupon uses themed spaces, such as a Tiki room, to spark creativity. More Groupon photos.
10. Red Door Interactive, a strategic partnering firm, has an open floor plan for employees to work, eat and play. More Red Door Interactive photos.
Want more cool office spaces? Check out Glassdoor’s 2013 list to see which companies made the cut.
What’s your office like? Share a photo or download Glassdoor’s apps to easily share on the go!