Like a workspace that will give you a little inspiration? Stir your creative juices? Boost your energy? Give you bragging rights among your friends? Check out these 10 cool office spaces shared on Glassdoor from across Canada.
Does your office have a great design? Exciting amenities? Take a photo and share it on Glassdoor.
1. Electronic Arts (Montreal, QC), an international gaming company, shows off the Sims room, a relaxation space. As an Electronic Arts QA lead noted “Great office looks and feel.” And it appears it’s not the only Canada-based Electronic Arts campus to get favorable feedback from employees. An Electronic Arts Software Engineer II in Burnaby, BC writes into Glassdoor saying, “beautiful campus in Burnaby, great library where you can find many great books and you can rent game and game console for free. Soccer field, in-door basketball.”
Note Electronic Arts receives a 3.4 job and company satisfaction rating from employees in its Canada locations (based on 145 company reviews) and a 3.6 rating in its US locations (based on 415 company reviews). (Company ratings are based on a 5-point scale: 1= very dissatisfied, 5= very satisfied)
2. Nakisa (Montreal, QC), a leading software solutions provider for organization and talent management, offers a full movie theatre for presentations and movie nights. A Nakisa sales employee adds, “The office itself is pretty great. It’s an old theater building (with a theater still in place), ping pong, pool tables, cafeteria, 20ft ceilings, etc.” Nakisa earns a 3.7 company rating among employees (based on 51 company reviews).
3. PointClickCare (Mississauga, ON), a cloud-based software provider for senior care, gives their employees a chance to blow off some steam with an on-site CrossFit gym. One PointClickCare employee writes in, “Many companies preach the “work hard play hard” motto, but PointClickCare is the first place I have been that follows up on it. They have 2 gyms (one CrossFit & one regular) onsite, catered lunches 3 times a week and dry cleaning services just to name a few perks.” PointClickCare currently receives a 4.5 rating among employees (based on 28 reviews).
4. Mobify (Vancouver, BC), a mobile ecommerce platform, lets their love of animals show with their Tiger-themed conference room. A Mobify Business Development employee comments, “Very open, young and enthusiastic environment.” (So far, Mobify receives a perfect 5-star rating from employees but note this is based on just 5 employee reviews.)
5. Microsigns (Montreal, QC), a digital merchandising platform, gives employees a great wide-open floor plan where they can get the work done. (Do you work at Microsigns? Share your perspective of the work environment and culture in a company review on Glassdoor.)
6. Teva Pharmaceuticals (Toronto, ON), an international pharmaceutical company, has a sleek looking kitchen area for employees to gather. A Teva Pharmceutical employee adds that the “company cafeteria is subsidized and the food is excellent.” Teva Pharmaceuticals receives a 3.0 rating from employees based on 93 reviews.
7. Intelex (Toronto, ON), a management software provider, gives employees a chance to grab a bite, play an arcade game and challenge a co-worker to a game of ping-pong. Intelex receives a 4.0 satisfaction rating based on feedback from 23 employees, and one Intelex employee writes, “Great atmosphere to spend your day working in and great location just outside of the downtown core and waterfront.”
8. Blackberry (Waterloo, ON), a telecommunication and wireless equipment company that receives a 3.5 rating from 673 Canada-based employees, provides a modern kitchen for employees including a full chalkboard wall. One Blackberry employee describes the work environment as a “Friendly, supportive environment.”
9. Blue Coat Systems (Waterloo, ON), a business assurance technology company that receives a 3.5 rating based on feedback from 140 employees, offers their employees a light, fresh take on their dining area. A Blue Coat Systems Software Engineer comments, “Blue Coat has a great work/life balance and a fun office environment. Collaboration is often open and the company is always innovating.”
10. Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON), a communications and media company that receives a 3.1 company rating from 680 employees, provides an inviting lobby for job candidates, employees and business partners. A Rogers Communications Assistant shared, “Great people to work with and a fun environment. Great location and close to the other offices for meetings. Lunch is awesome in the cafeteria.”
Glassdoor currently has hundreds of photos of Canadian workplaces. But, office photos are just part of the unique data and content Glassdoor collects about local employers. Our localized site in Canada, www.Glassdoor.ca, has data on more than 20,000 employers that includes company reviews and ratings, interview reviews and questions, salary reports with details about pay and other compensation, and types of benefits.