We are excited to introduce The Clearview Collection, a new blog feature drawing on a panel of recognized and respected career and workplace experts with a wide range of experience in human resources, recruiting and management. Each day, posts will cover a wide range of issues related to jobs, career management and employment. .
Recent contributions from the contributors address everything from defining your brand in your job search to figuring out if you may be next on the chopping block for a layoff at your company. Here’s a recap of last week’s posts from Clearview contributors:
- The Truth Behind Recruiting and Finding Brand Talent: Gives a behind the scenes look into the world of recruiting and how recruiters categorize job seekers. (By Jeff Hunter, weekly posts appear every Monday)
- Ghosts in the Hallways – A guide to possible clues that might mean you’ll be getting laid off and ways to circumvent the surprise (By Rusty Rueff, weekly posts appear every Tuesday)
- Ingredient ‘X’ in YOUR Brand – Advice on how to exude your brand in your resume and why it’s important (By Liz Ryan, weekly posts appear every Wednesday)
- Don’t Get a Job – A fresh perspective on how to get beyond thinking you just need any old job but instead working toward achieving a dream job (John Sumser, weekly posts appear every Thursday)
- Company Culture: How to Determine if it’s Fact or Fiction – Provides a guide for how job seekers can determine if a company’s culture is right for them (By Hank Stringer, weekly posts appear every Friday)
In addition to weekly updates from each of the Clearview contributors, the Collection will also debate monthly hot-button topics like the existence of a glass ceiling, executive compensation, pay fairness and reviews of new resume tactics. You can find the first point/counter-point debate that argues how much is too much when it comes to personal transparency and your career, here.
Got a question or suggested topics for the Clearview team? Email us at AskClearview@glassdoor.com