COVID-19 has not only shifted the economy, but the way companies take care of their employees. Due to companies having to pivot to remote work amid COVID-19, some organizations have prioritized virtual wellness programming and initiatives to help ease the stress and anxiety of working from home during a global pandemic. From virtual fitness classes to sheep-led mediations, the below companies have gone above and beyond for their employees. Here are a handful of companies eager to hire and tout their new wellness benefits. Read about them below and apply to their hundreds of open jobs.
Wellness Programs: The software company usually offers in-person bi-weekly yoga & Tai Chi classes, chair massages, and incentivized fitness challenges but had to alter their wellness programs due to COVID-19. During the pandemic, the company is providing free access to fitness videos with a CP membership, virtual team happy hours and game nights, on-demand webinars, and in-person sessions on mental health & wellness with various partners and the following fitness classes and programming.
- Together we sweat – Free, no membership required, weekly live-stream with Classpass every Friday at 12PM EDT by various studios
- Bi-Weekly Virtual Dance Parties
Open Roles: Senior Performance Engineer, Sr. Product Designer, Sr. Product Manager – eCommerce/Webstore, Sales Incentive Analyst, Front-End Developer, Salesforce Developer, Group Product Manager, Sr. Product Manager, Salesforce CXI & more.
What Employees Say: “The product Bluebeam sells is good, the customers LOVE it and it really makes an impact on the industry. That is hard to find in a sales job. The employees are good people that care about both the customer’s success and the companies. One of the better companies I have worked for by far.” – Current Employee
Wellness Programs: The digital writing assistant company is offering everything from extra days off across their offices, offering sick days as mental health time, fitness, yoga, nutrition videos for stress reduction and mental health, virtual counseling sessions for stress and an anxiety workshop by Magellan. Grammarly is also offering support for employees who are parents with group web sessions. Grammarly also holds weekly “Good vibes Monday” snippet curated by their People team sharing a list of positive events around the world to show how people are coming together during this time and zoom calls with a mediation expert who uses their sheep in the workshop.
Open Roles: Data Scientist, Software Engineer, Machine Learning, Lead Designer, Design Systems, Engineering Manager, Machine Learning, Sales Program Manager, Lifecycle Marketing Manager, Senior Technical Recruiter, Technical Sourcing Manager & more.
What Employees Say: “I’ve had several jobs before Grammarly, and I have to say the people here are amazing. It’s rare to be at a startup in Silicon Valley and have colleagues celebrating five years, seven years, nine years, and more. They are humble, smart, and excited to come to work every day. It’s definitely a company that lives by its values. The company’s commitment to its values has been especially relevant during COVID.I get energy coming to work every day and tackling big, exciting problems.” – Current Employee
Wellness Programs: The manufacturing company is prioritizing its employee wellness programs during COVID-19 with amping up their mental health wellness initiatives. On May 4, Ann and Dr. Taiwo, along with HR partners Jonathan Hefner and Rodrigo Gonzalez, led the hour-long event, “Coping with Anxiety and Supporting Well-being During COVID-19.” More than 670 tuned in to have their questions answered and voices heard. Popular topics amongst attendees included how to manage work-life balance when working virtually, how to deal with anxiety and help those close to you deal with anxiety, and the positive ways to stay connected with others – personally and professionally.
Addressing anxiety through a virtual community: In addition to the broader, more formal company-wide events, there are grassroots efforts being led by 3Mers across the globe, all aiming to help each other identity, manage and work through their anxiety.
- 3M Inspire – a community of nearly 1,300 3Mers who are dedicated to the practice of mindfulness – has turned their weekly 30-minute, in-person mindfulness sessions into virtual events, as well as increased the number of virtual events offered each week. “The response to our virtual events has been amazing,” shared Vicki Tokie, Value Management leader and 3M Inspire steering committee member. “We are seeing attendance grow and with more 3Mers from around the globe.”
- In addition to the weekly sessions, the 3M Inspire team recently led a mindfulness experience with 3M’s Occupational Health Nurses, those who work at 3M, and are looking after the well-being of 3Mers.
Open Roles: General Supervisor, Managed Care Recertification Specialist, Infrastructure Analyst, Manufacturing Process Engineer*, Summer Temporary Production Helper, Division (IATD) Global Quality Manager*, IT Manager Security Governance & Risk* & more.
What Employees Say: “Surprisingly agile for such a large company. Able to listen. Great team, both in Pittsburgh and at 3M HIS – also on the corporate level where I had interactions. The health plan got better through acquisition by 3M. The general feeling is that they really care about their employees and try to do the right thing.” – Current Employee
Wellness Programs: Citi is providing a special compensation award to more than 75,000 colleagues globally to help ease the financial burden of the pandemic. They are also extending vacation carryover through the end of this year and their team of health and wellness experts are offering a lineup of virtual events and resources to help our colleagues and their families stay grounded and healthy, including online fitness classes, virtual personal training, meditation, and breathwork sessions and more.
Open Roles: Banking, Capital Markets, and Advisory (BCMA) Investment Banking, Summer Associate – San Francisco Technology, Credit Underwriter 3, Senior Executive Assistant, Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory (BCMA), Investment Banking, Summer Associate – San Francisco Healthcare, Sales & Trading, Summer Analyst – San Francisco & more.
What Employees Say: “Citi is an incredible place to grow your career. You will learn from some of the best in the business. In addition, you will be presented with challenging opportunities to push yourself to the next level.” – Current Employee
Wellness Programs: SAP employees are staying connected and encouraged through Facebook Live sessions, virtual fitness classes, and music concerts. SAP North America employees in Canada and the USA were given an extra day off as a thank you and recognition of experiencing COVID-19. SAP Employees are encouraged to share how they spend their day off using #LifeAtSAP and #DayOff and leadership will be surprising employees who have the best entries.
- Staying healthy during COVID-19. On May 19th, SAP had a live session with Jennifer Coleman & Christiane Linkersdoerfer, SAP Leadership & Learning Team who provided great tips on staying healthy. You can watch the replay here.
- Working from home during COVID-19. On May 12th, SAP discussed how to find balance and be productive while working from home during COVID-10. Watch the replay here.
- Leading Virtual Teams during COVID-19 Facebook Live session took place on May 5th. It was a learning session on what it takes to be a leader in a virtual work environment. Watch the replay here.
- Leading during COVID-19 was another interactive live discussion on how to be a team leader in the midst of COVID-19. Watch the replay here.
Open roles: Technology Senior Consultant, Product Expert, Business Processes Senior Consultant, Development Teaching Specialist, DevOps Engineer, Principal Program Manager, Senior DevOps Engineer, Senior Developer (Platform Security) & more.
What Employees Say: “SAP offers competitive Salary and Benefits no doubt but main pros are the people in the company itself, there is a culture in itself to treat each other respectfully and this doesn’t change be you in Ireland or anywhere in the world! You build such a wonderful reliable network in SAP world which will provide you so much flexibility over the years to work on any challenges!” -Current Employee
Wellness Programs: This Biotech & Pharmaceuticals company offers virtual yoga and meditation classes, parent support groups for the new COVID 19 WFH mandates, and also unlimited PTO, where they encourage mental health days.
Open roles: Clinical Genomics Analyst, Compliance Analyst, Engineering Manager, Bioinformatics, Bioinformatics Engineer, Algorithm, Functional Modeling Engineer, Medical Director Reproductive Health, Bioinformatics Engineer, Hard To Do Team & more.
What Employees Say: “Excellent benefits and remote/time-off flexibility. Diligent, smart, and passionate people. A strong and clear mission. Set me up for success.” -Current Employee
Salesforce launched several new wellness programs and initiatives in support of its employees during COVID-19.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) — Salesforce provides access to free Employee Assistance Programs. EAP provides resources and immediate support (including free face-to-face or video conferencing counseling sessions) for a broad and complex body of issues affecting mental and emotional wellbeing, such as family problems, workplace stress, grief, anxiety, depression, addiction management, and alcohol and substance use.
- Thriving Mind — Developed by Thrive Global in partnership with Stanford Medical, Thriving Mind is Salesforce’s latest global benefits program to help employees and their families strengthen their psychological and emotional health. Leveraging cutting-edge brain research, Thriving Mind enables them to understand why they respond to stress and anxiety the way they do. Then, they learn micro-steps to manage it before it becomes problematic through an expansive library of articles and videos. It’s absolutely free for employees and their immediate families.
- Live wellbeing webinars — Salesforce launched a live webinar series called B-Well Together. They launched the half-hour broadcast twice daily (to accommodate global time zones) and invited industry luminaries to speak with their employees about wellbeing. Salesforce has been fortunate to have Arianna Huffington, David Agus, Larry Brilliant, Deepak Chopra, Jack Kornfield, and more share their tips, tricks, and wisdom with their employees.
- Meditation – Salesforce made Plum Village’s Zen Meditation App available to all employees in the Salesforce App Catalog.
Open roles: Business Architect, Solution Engineer (All Levels), Signature Success Engineer Principal- Tier 3, Customer Success Engineer, Associate Technical Account Manager, Contract Specialist (SMB/EBU/CBU/.org), Operations Manager, Government Practices, Software Engineering Architect or Principal Architect & more.
What Employees Say: “It’s as close to THE Great Place to Work as they come. You will be supported by your bosses and their bosses all the way. Great people to work for/with.” -Current Employee