We’ve all experienced the highs and lows of searching for a new job. This rollercoaster experience can sometimes go a little like this…
1. When you’re about to start the job hunt and reality sets in
— JESSICA KEYNES (@jckeynes) February 5, 2018
2. And it’s time to get all your professional documents together but you don’t even know where to begin
— monica (@phact) August 28, 2017
3. And you realize you need a PhD equivalent for an entry level customer service job
— JabberKing (@jabber_king) August 10, 2017
4. But you start to feel inspired and are ready to crush your applications
— Annette Lucero (@annettelucero24) January 31, 2018
5. And you’re persistent so you know how important it is to follow up with every job application
Following up on job applications like pic.twitter.com/FFZ7qEAXOa
— Becca Rose (@BecRose13) February 1, 2018
6. But you’re not getting any traction and you start to wonder if your career expectations need some adjusting
— Mike Welch (@RealMikeWelch) February 4, 2018
7. And you really can’t stand it when people ask you how your job hunt is going
when your mom asks you how your job search is going and you just burst into tears pic.twitter.com/aBwgdrPPlk
— Morgo Huncho (@MizzMurrgan) September 17, 2016
8. But then you finally start hearing back, and when it rains, it pours!
Why is it when I’m looking for a job for months I have no luck, then once I finally get one interview, I get five? #whatismylife
— cara corsaro (@carathegrouch) March 19, 2014
9. So you start preparing your list of strengths and weaknesses
“Tell me about yourself”
*flashback to when I used to pull out USB drive without clicking safely eject*
“I’m risk taker”
— Paridecay (@sarcastictroler) February 21, 2017
10. And your answers to your typical interview questions
interviewer: why do you want this job?
me: I’ve always been passionate about being able to afford food
— justin (@justinnlailai) February 20, 2017
11. And you start the interview process which can definitely feel painful at times
Interviewing for multiple jobs is almost like being on a really stressful dating show.
— Hilary (@hilarywaite) January 25, 2018
12. And your interview skills might be a little rusty
Job interviewing after years of security must be like dating for the first time post-Tinder. Such a different landscape. Or maybe I’m old.
— Rebecca Pate (@rpate) November 7, 2017
13. But after all your hard work and what seemed like an eternal job search, you finally get the call with a great company extending you the offer for a great job!
#ClaimingIt: That job transition is coming. The job you’ve been searching for is coming. Be expecting that “Congratulations! We would like to welcome you!” email. Be ready for the blessings and breakthrough! pic.twitter.com/LuUXIZIx8f
— Sierra Shantè (@sierrashante) January 31, 2018